Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, the Health Status "form" is there to be filled in.  Mostly answering Y/N questions.  The upload part was just for the vaccination document.  Just that removed now.

I have to stop posting without re-checking the MC App!!!!

That vaccination proof upload was there originally; then it went away; now it is back.  IDK when it came back, but they must have ability to turn it on/off - either that or a temporary bug.

The other thing about the Health Status seems to be you can be GREEN (completed) and then when go in to look, it's all blank and you can start all over again from blank questionnaire.  So too, our uploaded proofs were gone today.

Thanks for updates @Steelers36 mostly the App works for me with the strange exception that the 'form' for Personal Information' is still different between two future cruises, as mentioned the nearest cruise, Oct 24 2021 does not have the line items for Travel Info. Somewhat unusual that screen form would be different - as though that 'feature' is not turned on for one cruise. I did email a report and got the standard - we'll look into it response.

• Thanks 1

Indeed there are miracles! After 6 weeks of repeated attempts and 5 calls to Medallion Support who basically always just said " keep trying we know there are problems," I got all my information in and made the green line!

My elderly friend who will be traveling with me was about ready to give up - how well I knew that feeling. So, he had one of his adult daughters who has a masters degree in a technology field take a look. After an hour + she was able to get him in the green line too. I found her comment interesting. "Whoever set this app up certainly did not take into consideration the ages of Princess' clients. This was definitely not a user friendly app."

So, life is good and we've decided to not even go into the app again until we're at port side to show our boarding time with passport in hand for fear of finding something on the app has disappear!! LOL

Edited by PROCRUISE
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, PROCRUISE said:

Indeed there are miracles! After 6 weeks of repeated attempts and 5 calls to Medallion Support who basically always just said " keep trying we know there are problems," I got all my information in and made the green line!

My elderly friend who will be traveling with me was about ready to give up - how well I knew that feeling. So, he had one of his adult daughters who has a masters degree in a technology field take a look. After an hour + she was able to get him in the green line too. I found her comment interesting. "Whoever set this app up certainly did not take into consideration the ages of Princess' clients. This was definitely not a user friendly app."

So, life is good and we've decided to not even go into the app again until we're at port side to show our boarding time with passport in hand for fear of finding something on the app has disappear!! LOL

Congrats to you both!!

Yep...it really looks like *somebody* finally fixed whatever was causing most of the issues.  I hate to possibly jinx it for anyone else, but sometime within the last 2 hours something was changed on the system side.  I logged in and suddenly started getting green checks where before my app was literally locking up and/or showing the "white screen of death".  Everything seems to be working for me now.

Maybe I really will get to board in Seattle and see AK again!

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

To @B17 and others who may still be struggling, here is the approach that finally put our family over the top this morning:

-- Use the newest phone/tablet you have in the house (e.g. old iPhone 6 and 7s are known to have issues w/ this app).

-- Update to your device's latest firmware.

-- Ensure you have the latest update to MedallionClass installed.

-- Open the app and just "Sign Out."

-- Now do a hard reboot of the device.

-- Upon restart, open the app but do NOT use your previous username/pw combo.  Instead login by using your cruise confirmation number and a cruiser's birthday.  (Try to use the birthday of a person who was not the primary accountholder you had previously used.)

-- Go to "Travel Checklist"

-- Scroll to the bottom and touch "Next Step" (i.e. avoid clicking specific circles to fill in missing info).

-- Fill in any missing info/docs for pages the app presents.

-- Pray.

Good luck!

Edited by tarheelz1995
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tarheelz1995 said:

To @B17 and others who may still be struggling, here is the approach that finally put our family over the top this morning:

-- Use the newest phone/tablet you have in the house (e.g. old iPhone 6 and 7s are known to have issues w/ this app).

-- Upon restart, open the app but do NOT use your previous username/pw combo.  Instead login by using your cruise confirmation number and a cruiser's birthday.  (Try to use the birthday of a person who was not the primary accountholder you had previously used.)

-- Scroll to the bottom and touch "Next Step" (i.e. avoid clicking specific circles to fill in missing info).

-- Pray.

Good luck!

This may work, but it's a lot of effort and tech know how just to take a vacation.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, skynight said:

This may work, but it's a lot of effort and tech know how just to take a vacation.

No doubt.  (This is also what I used to hear from at least one person in the crowd during every muster drill I attended.)  😉

Edited by tarheelz1995

5 hours ago, tarheelz1995 said:

-- Pray.

Good luck!

Thank you.  I left it alone for several hours, then turned my phone off completely, then opened it back up and logged back in and got all green ticks again. Managed to complete health declaration, so I then screen shot my boarding time and the QR code and emailed it to myself.  Printed it on a piece of paper - I am taking no chances.  Yet again logged in this morning all disappeared again, but 6 hours later its back again.  If this is how it is going to be I am not chancing it having one of its hiccups at check in.  I take it my printed screen shot QR code thing will work off a piece if paper.

• Like 1

I like to solve technical problems but this App goes way too far. I have started to have dreams, nightmares about it 😀Today I deleted and reinstalled the app. Most of my previous information was there. However personal information does not have Travel Info line items. Previously one cruise had them the other did not, now absent from both. 

several items took a few attempts. Adding Travel Companion said booking number not found, hit search again and it found DW. would not let me Save after re inputting address but then after tapping State a few times, even though correct state was shown, eventually brought up the scroll box for states and then let me Save. Extremely inconsistent. Is the problem response time ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Is the problem response time ?

Yep.  That is a symptom we're seeing.  Response time, lag, and inconsistent/hanging pulls of data seem to be good evidence that no matter what updates are being made to the app, the back-end architecture is a mess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Hmmm.... Maybe it's time to try Windows 11.

image.png.52f43a5248ede1c17060c5584fc8dd4b.png

Just slightly off topic, Microsoft was hamstrung with Windows prior to Windows 10, because they ensured a tremendous level of backward compatibility with many versions of hardware. To that point I do not see why Princess IT could not accommodate older devices.

1 minute ago, castlebello said:

No matter what we do, we cant select a boarding time - it just gives us an error confirming the boarding time for our group and does nothing 😞

Princess have been less than helpful about it and we go in just over a week ...

if you can't get your boarding time in the app, suggest you show up at the port and there will be plenty of Princess reps to help you.  They will assign you a boarding time after they get you checked in at the port.  Good luck.  I sail in Oct; if I can't get a boarding time in my app, I will do just what I told you.  Show up at the port and get help from the reps.  

3 minutes ago, castlebello said:

No matter what we do, we cant select a boarding time - it just gives us an error confirming the boarding time for our group and does nothing 😞

Princess have been less than helpful about it and we go in just over a week ...

I gather you don't know what time is assigned then?  IDK when Princess assigns a default group when a guest has not made their own selection.  The other challenge is they want you to show up only when it is "your" time, but if you cannot find that out, then what?

1 minute ago, AF-1 said:

if you can't get your boarding time in the app, suggest you show up at the port and there will be plenty of Princess reps to help you.  They will assign you a boarding time after they get you checked in at the port.  Good luck.  I sail in Oct; if I can't get a boarding time in my app, I will do just what I told you.  Show up at the port and get help from the reps.  

If they actually check you in when you show up and don't send you away for some other time, you will just be heading right on board the ship.

Thanks for the comments - I dont know when a default time will be allocated - I did ask a Princess rep over web chat what happens if the default time does not fit in with our plans, given that we have told them mutiple times what boarding slot we would like, over the phone and via webcat - but they dont seem to know the answer!

If all else fails we will just turn up and wait and see - if we cant see a boarding time then maybe neither can they!

We're in the green lane so maybe somethigng somewhere is working lol

We're in the UK, so who knows what will happen at the port - chaos is my bet 😉

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

If they actually check you in when you show up and don't send you away for some other time, you will just be heading right on board the ship.

There is a chance that you could sit around the port while they assign you a boarding time.  You could show up 45 minutes before boarding and that way you would get cleared. I know there are a lot of frustrated people; especially those who sail to Alaska next week and still don't have five green checks and a QR code.  Heck I had four out of five checks and today I open the app and #2 is not green.  I ordered my medallion last week.  It is frustrating but not something I am going to stress out about.  Life is beautiful and I enjoy every precious day.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tarheelz1995 said:

I was able to convince Customer Service to register my family for an Arrival Group.  Once that was done, it appeared properly in the app.  (Be prepared for a long wait on hold.)

Guess we dont have the magic touch! 😉

27 minutes ago, castlebello said:

Guess we dont have the magic touch! 😉

I was working every bit of charm, schmooze, and pander I could.  I also threw in just a hint of desperation.

I now know everything about the nice CSR lady's kids, job, and vacation preferences (she's scared to get on a boat).  We also covered the Seattle weather and the view from her desk in some detail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1