Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

12 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Correction.  There is an UPLOAD button on the Health page in MC App.  I must have missed it earlier - or it just appeared (probably the former).

Thanks! It wasn't there yesterday! The updates keep coming....

• Like 1

Interesting situation.  Our first booked voyage (OCT 2022 - a B2B2B) has the Health section working and I answered all the Q's for wife and I and I uploaded a photo of our vaccination proof.  Side note - taking a photo directly didn't seem to work and SAVE.  So I took a photo and then used the FILE option to upload the photo from Gallery app on my phone (Android). 

Our second booked voyage (single trip on another ship following the above), brings the "white screen of death" as someone else stated when attempt to open the Health section.  Strange that.

And for the first long voyage (B2B2B), DMW is not available/working.  But it does work for the second one.  Strange.

1 hour ago, kiwimum said:

Must have changed the

method as I definitely used an older photograph for my Security photo.

Same here. In fact, I have a digital copy of my passport photo and DW's (courtesy of the company I used) and they uploaded just fine. However, that was like six weeks ago and much has changed with the app since then.

4 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Based on this MedallionClass video making event reservations will be available for all future cruises.

Beginning 60 days before sailing reservations are supposed to be available or they can be done onboard. Each event shows a capacity & the number of spaces available. Another new option onboard is to make gangway reservation times that can be reserved beginning 24 hours before arriving in a port.

If we have to schedule every activity, show, dinner when we want to disembark then we are done with Princess. The fun is gone.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Won't work. You can use an existing photo for your Profile pic but the Security pic doesn't give that option. It wants you to take a new photo from within the app and it gives an "outline" to put your head and face into for the pic.

I used the same vacation photo, uploaded from camera roll, for both Profile and Security.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Interesting situation.  Our first booked voyage (OCT 2022 - a B2B2B) has the Health section working and I answered all the Q's for wife and I and I uploaded a photo of our vaccination proof.  Side note - taking a photo directly didn't seem to work and SAVE.  So I took a photo and then used the FILE option to upload the photo from Gallery app on my phone (Android). 

Our second booked voyage (single trip on another ship following the above), brings the "white screen of death" as someone else stated when attempt to open the Health section.  Strange that.

And for the first long voyage (B2B2B), DMW is not available/working.  But it does work for the second one.  Strange.

Have you tried to book a single day for DMW for the B2B2B?  For our B2B2B2B I can do single days but not the entire cruise.

1 hour ago, skynight said:

If we have to schedule every activity, show, dinner when we want to disembark then we are done with Princess. The fun is gone.

Has to be for Covid protocols on social distancing.  Can't be the future, surely.  (Activities, shows).  We always had disembark scheduling, but we generally walked off when ready to go.

Edited by Steelers36

47 minutes ago, clueless2 said:

Have you tried to book a single day for DMW for the B2B2B?  For our B2B2B2B I can do single days but not the entire cruise.

Thanks for asking, but cannot get into DMW main menu to make that selection of late.  Just get not available right now - try later.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

There is an UPLOAD button on the Health page in MC App.  I must have missed it earlier - or it just appeared (probably the former).

Thank you for posting this information. I was able to successfully upload photos of our vaccine cards. It seems like every day there Is one more step to do so I really appreciate all the information that is being shared in this string and the DMW string. I’m learning so much!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I have a really weird Health Status Attestation page:

Screenshot_20210715-204157_MedallionClass.thumb.jpg.91cf0e7595f64e444bfe4566c8ceaa53.jpg

any ideas what to do?

Wow this is crazy! I just looked at the app and I’ve got the same thing when I click on “health status attestation”. I’ve still got a green check mark for “health status” and the app shows I’ve completed the “health documentation” and “health assessment”. Not sure what to do with this quirky page in the app since it doesn’t seem to have an impact on completing the health status information.

21 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Thank you @KLM3164. Helps to know I'm not the only one with that page

I saw that garbledy-gook about meats earlier.  And then it went away on a do-over.  Who knows what's going on unless it was some pre-release test filler before they had "real text".  And even then, they managed to publish some out-of-date policy crap such as mask-wearing.

Whether I use my wife’s smart phone or mine, once logged in all I get when trying to carry out a task is a Gateway Time Out page. So frustrating 😞

Edited by devonuk
Grammar

Same here, Our travel checklist we were green line ready to go, now orange with only Personal info and medallion pay green ticked. What has happened to the rest I don’t know.We sail 31st July, hope it all comes back soon, so frustrated! Don’t want to input everything again especially our early boarding in group A.

11 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Has to be for Covid protocols on social distancing.  Can't be the future, surely.  (Activities, shows).  We always had disembark scheduling, but we generally walked off when ready to go.

Covid I understand. Those that choose to sail in the next year should expect these protocols.

I feel  Princess will retain this practice if and when the protocols are no longer required. They placed so much effort and sales hype into the medallion class experience and convinced themselves that their customers want this type of structured experience.  How much fun can there be if you have to schedule your time in Crooner's up to 60 days in advance? Should we schedule every trivia session? What about entertainment shows, comics, etc.? In all cases I see lots of reservations coupled with lots of no shows. What is a gangplank reservation and why is it even needed? Except for boarding and tender service we have never experienced crowds or delays walking off the ship. To us being on a cruise ship is about freedom to do what you want when you want. Time has arrived to look into other lines and other land based options. 

5 minutes ago, skynight said:

Covid I understand. Those that choose to sail in the next year should expect these protocols.

I feel  Princess will retain this practice if and when the protocols are no longer required. They placed so much effort and sales hype into the medallion class experience and convinced themselves that their customers want this type of structured experience.  How much fun can there be if you have to schedule your time in Crooner's up to 60 days in advance? Should we schedule every trivia session? What about entertainment shows, comics, etc.? In all cases I see lots of reservations coupled with lots of no shows. What is a gangplank reservation and why is it even needed? Except for boarding and tender service we have never experienced crowds or delays walking off the ship. To us being on a cruise ship is about freedom to do what you want when you want. Time has arrived to look into other lines and other land based options. 

NO fun at all.  I really think the activities registration has more to do with controlling numbers as a Covid-19 social distancing measure.  Seems hard to believe it will continue.  I do think lots of people will reserve and then no-show.  Still will have a line-up waiting to get in.

As for gangplank, our experience has been significant line-ups build prior to the expected/announced gangway opening times as many people either want to maximize their day or are needing to meet up with a pre-arranged tour guide.  But certainly, a few minutes after the open, the initial crowd is cleared and then people just come and go.  NBD as you indicate.

6 hours ago, PAMJP said:

Medallion app now working and everything I’ve added still there, all boxes ticked ready to go in green lane.

What a difference two hours makes in the life cycle of this bizarre MC app!  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, joepeka said:

What a difference two hours makes in the life cycle of this bizarre MC app!  😁

Having been thrown out a couple times and moving between our 2 smart phones we got there in the end 👌

I tend hover around the P&O site a bit more than Princess, dare I ask if there’s any news on ship only excursions?

14 hours ago, Ombud said:

I have a really weird Health Status Attestation page:

Screenshot_20210715-204157_MedallionClass.thumb.jpg.91cf0e7595f64e444bfe4566c8ceaa53.jpg

any ideas what to do?

Serious! I guess they made sure you had a lot of protein to stay healthy. Seriously this app is getting weirder everyday.

• Haha 1

Just now, LouCoop said:

Serious! I guess they made sure you had a lot of protein to stay healthy. Seriously this app is getting weirder everyday.

I'm a vegetarian so can I ask for even more OBC due to HARASSMENT?? LOL jk 😅🤣😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3