The Daily for Saturday Jul 03, 2021

richwmn

@ger_77 sorry to hear about your friend,  so young and very sad!  
@dfish wow to that sunset and dinner!  

We were at the park at the lake, that should count so I am late today!  Pedal boating around is good exercise!  

Other  good news is that DSIL is home from the hospital and resting mostly comfortably! 

E3AE4E56-B1BC-46D1-A120-C38DA40A5AE0.jpeg

252E6FDA-EF8C-47CC-9B1C-6D0A01F74AD9.jpeg

• Like 18

5 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Other  good news is that DSIL is home from the hospital and resting mostly comfortably! 

Oh, that is tremendous news 😄. So happy to hear it!

• Like 6

6 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Circumnavigation Australia cruises are awesome!  Well worth the time and money spent.  I want to go back, too.

Thanks  for the great photos!   I know the waters around Tasmania can be rough, how did you find the rest of the trip?  Sounds amazing! 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:
Good afternoon all ,

Another nice day on the Daily with another nice port from Rich ! 
Today it is Darwin where we landed with the Volendam on November 30th , 2015 on a 31 day cruise from Sydney on the Great Barrier Reef Cruise to be followed by a Far East Explorer

One of my favourite small ships the Volendam 

344001438_DSCN62262.thumb.JPG.ea0a2dc6335592d4845f20e143aa7aea.JPG

After we arrived in Darwin we walked with our friends to the Crocosaurus Cove in town where we watched some shows with the saltwater crocodiles and saw in the museum many other creatures from this area .

Different to see a Christmas tree for us Canadians in 92 degrees heat 

DSCN5568.thumb.jpg.ee212701e504db7ead3032d1b9e6214a.jpg

1998972857_DSCN55732.thumb.jpg.66d98658489f4ca1117178f0b4af1f70.jpg

DSCN5575.thumb.jpg.739f8a28f594133799fbcbb270331f03.jpg

IMG_1745.thumb.jpg.2c9ca2733155655cc56accdd5971381c.jpg

IMG_1748.thumb.jpg.9f749d788306a076a91ef82d8b282c2a.jpg

DSCN5603.thumb.jpg.6ea164858e7ac9c4f68142f62ed0417c.jpg

After a drink to cool us off we hopped onto the HOHO to go to the amazing  Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Australian Territory where we spend a few hours to see all the indigenous art in this beautiful building .

DSCN5627.thumb.jpg.a2a0ece2933ee6a7994e3067fe6de647.jpg

IMG_1761.jpg.173af0e8a1d09dcdb64ce65036dc8c95.jpg

IMG_1766.thumb.jpg.6d8b4b73f1da76c6d452826529e18f73.jpg

IMG_1763.thumb.jpg.cc74b92893b43e3679999ce0be2aa316.jpg

IMG_1768.thumb.jpg.06aa2c2d01ee83c2e57293182b5c75ec.jpg

IMG_1773.jpg.223414cac7e56b17cbb35c4411edc00e.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg.54cd8e02e114efe7a70a5801e9dbb930.jpg

After another drink while watching  and listening to all these gorgeous colourful birds we went back to the ship for a special dinner .

DSCN5624.thumb.JPG.66dc4e25a6c29a265a0bf26f59a88fe0.JPG

Very nice adventurous self guiding day was had by all while we learned a lot about the Northern Territories . Great day in Darwin ! 

DSCN5611.thumb.JPG.fa8177f2de78f17536a38e29ccb0546d.JPG

Tony

Thanks for the wonderful if not a little frightening  photos! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Thanks  for the great photos!   I know the waters around Tasmania can be rough, how did you find the rest of the trip?  Sounds amazing! 

Honestly, rough seas don't bother me that much.  I don't recall anything terrible to report to you.  Worst seas we've seen were probably in the Gulf of Alaska, 28 feet.  Lived to talk about it!  LOL!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Good evening all!

This has been a picture perfect day here in St. Louis, 80 degrees, sunny, with a little breeze earlier.  Frequently the 4th of July is super hot and muggy with pop up nasty afternoon thunderstorms. I can't believe the weather today.  My oldest DD had a patriotic concert this afternoon along the Missouri River. (She is a flutist as well as a piccolo player and always in demand on the 4th to play John Philip Sousa's "Stars and Stripes Forever")  😄

I don't usually compliment my mirror.  Never had to do beer runs because DH worked for Anheuser-Busch (so did his entire family) and therefore we had beer around all the time.  The Hop a Park Day I'd never heard of, but I think it's fantastic.  We have several wonderful parks along the Mississippi right here in my neighborhood including Jefferson Barracks, which includes the National Cemetery overlooking the river, very beautiful and moving.

Love Mark Twain, he had some pithy things to say.  Can the drink of the day be considered healthy with the grapefruit and all?  The wine sounds like the reason I always worry if a wine is too cheap.  Haven't been to Australia.

Sorry I missed the Daily yesterday as it turned out I was celebrating I Forgot Day.  I made two appointments for the same time yesterday, whoops. My planned massage ended up being postponed.   And I loved the quote from Phyllis Diller.  She lived in St. Louis for several years and was known as the "Webster Groves housewife that made us laugh."

Prayers going up for those on our care list 🙏.  And rather than beer I will lift a glass of red wine this evening to join in all the celebrations. 🍷

St Louis Sal

• Like 14

Thanks to Rich for the daily and to Roy for the care and celebration lists.

Also thanks for all the photos.

We have been to Darwin on three occasions, the first for an overnight stay before boarding "The Ghan" train to Adelaide, where we boarded the "Indian Pacific" train to Sydney.  Then we discovered cruising,  twice called at Darwin on Circumnavigation Cruises,........  Volendam and Maasdam.

The elevator up to street level is a great asset.

It's a sunny winter day, 

Take care everyone.

• Like 13

Good evening everyone and Happy July 4th Eve.  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thanks so much for your lists Roy.

Somehow the day got away from me so I'm very late today.  Thanks so everyone who posted pictures of today's port of the day.  I would love to see Australia.

Tonight we are having scallops.  Lunch was sloppy hamburger sliders.  Tomorrow we will have hot dogs, it's the 4th after all.  We wanted to have our kids over and the grandkids but they had other plans so we will just chill out.  We have "Monsoon wanna be" weather.... it seems like it's going to storm but nothing happens except a sprinkle.

Have a great evening!

• Like 9

We still have internet so had to check the Daily!  Happy 4th to all .  Getting ready for fireworks here .  Some small towns on the coast do the fireworks on the 3rd so other can show off on the 4th.  A bit foggy but should still be festive. 
Prayers to all on the care list.  Congrats to those on the celebration list.  Thank you Rich and Roy for your dedication.  Appreciate all your hard work. 
Thanks again to all who post! 

image.png

• Like 8

It is 9.25am here in England 58°F partly cloudy with rain forecast from 10am.

Wishing all my US cc friends a very Happy Independence Day.

I hope you all have a wonderful day of celebration.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Honestly, rough seas don't bother me that much.  I don't recall anything terrible to report to you.  Worst seas we've seen were probably in the Gulf of Alaska, 28 feet.  Lived to talk about it!  LOL!

thanks!  I am a bit of a fair weather sailor, lol!  But have survived a time in the Med where they were splashing the eight deck!   I think they were 8 metres or around 26 feet.   Our gulf of Alaska was a bit rocky but nothing like that!  

• Like 1