Carnival to announce Sept and Oct sailings tomorrow (7/13)

pogoism9

2 minutes ago, sailingships said:

Tomorrow. tomorrow I love ya tomorrow. Your only a day (or 2 or 10) away.

Yeah it sucks, something must have thrown a wrench in the plans, but apparently Heald mentioned it will be announced "very very very very very soon" for what it's worth. Had to be something unexpected that caused the delay, since it's not likely a president of a company would divulge a date, and then miss it purposely.

13 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Looks like there won't be an announcement today either. I guess something made them decide to wait. This from John Heald:

Anyway, here I am ready to spend the day with you over on Visitorsnuity Posts and although there is no breaking news today I will have a Facebook Live Coffee with me Video at 7:45am Miami time and we can go over some things that we may need to chat about.

I’ve been absent from all things Carnival for quite a few years but recently started following along again when they restarted sailing. 

It’s nice to see Heald is still up to his old tricks of making an announcement that an announcement was coming and then delaying it for days or weeks. He was notorious for doing this when the Vista class was being launched and his (semi)annually ‘dancing of the ships.’

I was a huge Carnival fan at the time and this lack of reliability was one of the factors that pushed me away from the brand. ☹️

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

I’ve been absent from all things Carnival for quite a few years but recently started following along again when they restarted sailing. 

It’s nice to see Heald is still up to his old tricks of making an announcement that an announcement was coming and then delaying it for days or weeks. He was notorious for doing this when the Vista class was being launched and his (semi)annually ‘dancing of the ships.’

I was a huge Carnival fan at the time and this lack of reliability was one of the factors that pushed me away from the brand. ☹️

It wasn't John Heald who made the announcement but Christine Duffy in an interview from the other day so something had to have happened to make her hold back on releasing the information.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Seany527 said:

I think he's a classic (stuck in the) middleman!

Tom

• Like 4

13 hours ago, embarkation75 said:

?????

Host Carolyn nukes the post(s) with a certain YouTube video attached/embedded. The video truly has no relevance other than gratuitous amusement/revulsion, depending on your POV.

This was her warning to not do it again.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SCBarker said:

I don't really understand why a moderator would not want us to view protocol for removing passengers with covid test failures.  There was a lot of good information in there as to the disinfecting and seriousness that is being taken with such a situation.

If it is the video in question, I do not believe it is the typical removal procedure for passengers with covid test failures. I'm sure someone will correct me if I post incorrect information, but my understanding of the situation is that the removed passenger had "misrepresented" their vaccination status, and was posing as a vaccinated passenger not following the unvaccinated protocols. I suspect that passenger has been banned. Guess I really should go follow up on the story.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SCBarker said:

I don't really understand why a moderator would not want us to view protocol for removing passengers with covid test failures.  There was a lot of good information in there as to the disinfecting and seriousness that is being taken with such a situation.

Because:

1. this was a different cruise line - hence does not belong in the CCL area.  We have no idea how Carnival would react to a similar situation.  If truly "good general info" then it belongs in the general cruising info forum(s).

2. the video was overly long, from the "patient's" POV, and posted on YouTube by them with a certain intent unrelated to "protocols".

3. it is clearly (to me, and apparently the mods) being posted here in a provocative manner.

• Like 4

Hi all, just a brief point back on the main subject of the thread.  (I am NOT complaining about "thread drift" I am cool with it, just bring up some "news.")

I posted this question on this on Joh Heald's FB page:

Hello John. I hate to get caught up in 3rd hand information, but... Over on the forum where folks criticize cruises a few people reported that your Lady Beard, without a beard, stated there would be an announcement regarding what ships will return to sailing in October and November.
This was of keen interest to me as we are booked on the Pride out of Baltimore in October and our final payment is due on Monday. As Carnival has not confirmed that the Pride will begin sailing out of Baltimore and the Baltimore cruise Port has yet to indicate when it will resume operations I am in a quandary as to whether or not I should make that payment.
Any insight on the status or when an announcement will be forthcoming would be most welcome.
Thank you, John and here's to FUN!
and got the following response:

John Heald

Good morning, yes that is correct she did say this but unfortunately things have changed a little bit and so we need a bit more time. We will definitely have to use on this in the next few days and at the start of next week you should be able to understand exactly what is going to happen. But what I can tell you is to please keep the faith and I’m sure we will see you cruising very soon. I’m sorry I can’t say any more than that at the moment. Cheers and thanks for everything

So "The start of next week" in Carnival time is AFTER my final payment is due.  So I remain in a quandary as I really don't want to give Carnival another interest free loan.

Edited by K&RCurt
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, K&RCurt said:

Hi all, just a brief point back on the main subject of the thread.  (I am NOT complaining about "thread drift" I am cool with it, just bring up some "news.")

Hello John. I hate to get caught up in 3rd hand information, but... Over on the forum where folks criticize cruises a few people reported that your Lady Beard, without a beard, stated there would be an announcement regarding what ships will return to sailing in October and November.
This was of keen interest to me as we are booked on the Pride out of Baltimore in October and our final payment is due on Monday. As Carnival has not confirmed that the Pride will begin sailing out of Baltimore and the Baltimore cruise Port has yet to indicate when it will resume operations I am in a quandary as to whether or not I should make that payment.
Any insight on the status or when an announcement will be forthcoming would be most welcome.

John Heald

Good morning, yes that is correct she did say this but unfortunately things have changed a little bit and so we need a bit more time. We will definitely have to use on this in the next few days and at the start of next week you should be able to understand exactly what is going to happen. But what I can tell you is to please keep the faith and I’m sure we will see you cruising very soon. I’m sorry I can’t say any more than that at the moment. Cheers and thanks for everything

So "The start of next week" in Carnival time is AFTER my final payment is due.  So I remain in a quandary as I really don't want to give Carnival another interest free loan.

Some folks have been able to request (and been granted) an extension to final payment date.  Maybe try that, to see if you can push it out by a week or two?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, K&RCurt said:

John Heald

I wonder if they are trying to decide on percentage of vaccinated passengers for their cruises out of Baltimore.  They could go with 100% if they wanted to.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, K&RCurt said:

John Heald

I wonder if they are contemplating bringing Legend to Baltimore early...

29 minutes ago, K&RCurt said:

John Heald

Thank you for messaging him and providing this update

34 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I wonder if they are trying to decide on percentage of vaccinated passengers for their cruises out of Baltimore.  They could go with 100% if they wanted to.

For what it's worth, Christine said vaccinated cruises would continue for the foreseeable future

• Like 3

Just now, pogoism9 said:

For what it's worth, Christine said vaccinated cruises would continue for the foreseeable future

Probably for as long as they have restrictions for unvaccinated people.  I think they want the majority of cruisers to be able to take off their masks on the ships.  The restrictive mask mandates pretty much makes people miserable.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, pogoism9 said:

I do not doubt it.  My question is will they actually start cruises out of Baltimore by October.  Seems it would take at least a couple months to get things rolling.

On 7/13/2021 at 12:22 PM, ceilidh1 said:

Really? Not arguing with you at all, but I always assumed the shorter cruises were more of the "party" type, attracting mainly adults who want to get drunk. I've never thought about them being family-oriented...good to know!

Yeah, they have it backwards.  The short cruises are not the family type in my experience, unless ladies flashing people on the lido deck is family oriented.  If I take my kids it is usually a 7 day, the 4 day ones have always been with friends and more of a party atmosphere.  

• Like 2

Quick update for anyone in a similar situation.  I called to request an extension of final payment date for our and our DS's bookings.  I was informed that an extension request can only be filed one day before final payment is due, so I will be calling again on Sunday if no announcement is out by then.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, K&RCurt said:

Quick update for anyone in a similar situation.  I called to request an extension of final payment date for our and our DS's bookings.  I was informed that an extension request can only be filed one day before final payment is due, so I will be calling again on Sunday if no announcement is out by then.

Thank you for the information.  Was optimistic about November a couple months ago but I'm starting to think it really isn't going to happen 😞 Trying to figure out what to do instead of the cruise. 

2 minutes ago, tkportersat said:

Thank you for the information.  Was optimistic about November a couple months ago but I'm starting to think it really isn't going to happen 😞 Trying to figure out what to do instead of the cruise. 

Don't loose hope. Your final payment is not for another month. BUT, might want to study your alternatives.........😳

• Like 1

Just now, PaperSniper4 said:

Don't loose hope. Your final payment is not for another month. BUT, might want to study your alternatives.........😳

It's not so much hope as I'm tired of worrying about it.  Vacation is supposed to be relaxing and get you away from your daily stress.  All this back and forth and uncertainty is getting me to the point of almost wanting to call it.  I will wait just so hopefully I can get a refund/credit but I'm starting to think of other options.  

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, K&RCurt said:

I was able to call for our Mardi Gras final payment date extension easily a couple weeks beforehand.