Carnival to announce Sept and Oct sailings tomorrow (7/13)

pogoism9

Looks like there won't be an announcement today either. I guess something made them decide to wait. This from John Heald:

Anyway, here I am ready to spend the day with you over on Visitorsnuity Posts and although there is no breaking news today I will have a Facebook Live Coffee with me Video at 7:45am Miami time and we can go over some things that we may need to chat about.

7 hours ago, sailingships said:

Hmmmm Good points. Suddenly children will be a cash crop for Carnival?

Their not making money on the testing. There's a lot involved in processing the exemptions and then all the additional procedures for boarding. 

My October 2 sailing on the Sunshine is still valid in my Carnival cruise manager, but hasn't been available on the website for booking for months. I'm not sure if that means it's going to be cancelled or it sold out at whatever capacity they had allowed it to have. Hoping it's going to happen.

19 minutes ago, mz-s said:

My October 2 sailing on the Sunshine is still valid in my Carnival cruise manager, but hasn't been available on the website for booking for months. I'm not sure if that means it's going to be cancelled or it sold out at whatever capacity they had allowed it to have. Hoping it's going to happen.

Same here for our Sept 13th cruise.

Fingers crossed.

15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Well if you get a chance tell the cdc that and to get rid of the 95% 

If carnival sails at less than 95% then you wind up in the mess like rcl and wearing masks onboard. No thanks. And I love kids.. it's the cdc not me,

I honestly don't mind wearing a mask indoors. I still wear one now. I just want to be able to cruise with my one year old. I understand they have to take the proper steps to make sure everyone is safe. When my husband and  I caught covid last year, our children did not get it. 

12 hours ago, K_e_short said:

I'm a teacher as well and because we are not requiring vaccinations we will be wearing masks for a while.

Just because your students are not vaccinated does not mean that children should go on cruises unvaccinated.

The controlled environment of a classroom is very different then a cruise ship.

Remember this is just a short term measure until as many people as possible are vaccinated.

If you want to go on vacation there are a lot of all inclusives that do not require masks, do not require testing, and are running less the 100% so you have more space on the resort.

The cdc and other outlets have switched their wordings up so much since the pandemic hit. We have to wear a mask inside of the school although people are vaccinated. I just feel like I shouldn't have to be out of cruising because my one year old can't be vaccinated. 

12 hours ago, groundloop said:

First off, attending school and going on a cruise are two totally different worlds.  School is pretty much a necessity, cruising is a luxury.

My daughter teaches 2nd grade, she and her students are required to mask, she has zero issues with kids not masking properly.  

I wear my mask everywhere I go although the world is "open". I just feel like if they were so scared they shouldn't have opened the world back up 100% especially since you can still get and spread covid even if you're vaccinated. Yes I understand it's at a lower rate however the possibility is still there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EMOSEA said:

He said they'll hopefully announce by the end of this week. 

I'm sure they're dealing with more than we know. To us, of course, these decisions seem easy. Tough spot to be in.

Tom

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'm sure they're dealing with more than we know. To us, of course, these decisions seem easy. Tough spot to be in.

I think they just can't do a drip, drip, drip of announcements, or handle the calls and confusion after them.  For example, they know full well which cruises are canceled for September, but they probably want to get a handle on the exemptions for July and August before they have to start dealing with the ones from September and October, and the refunds and rebooking.  I don't blame them, but I am beginning to reconsider if cruising is the right choice for me--I'm a plan ahead person, and this being strung along is difficult to contend with.  I'm 60 days out and still don't know if it's going or not? And no when can tell me when I might know?

Edited by naxer
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, naxer said:

but I am beginning to reconsider if cruising is the right choice for me--I'm a plan ahead person, and this being strung along is difficult to contend with.  I'm 60 days out and still don't know if it's going or not? And no when can tell me when I might know?

I feel your pain, because we have a cruise booked in Sept, but our attitude is this:

We booked a cruise.  Yay!  If it sails, awesome!  If it doesn't, I will probably understand the circumstances, we'll rebook again for later. 

If I cancel now due to uncertainty, I know I am not cruising, and that makes me sad.

But, I will admit we have a high confidence of sailing, we are on the Magic out of Canaveral.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, toad455 said:

I missed Heald's announcement this morning, anyone have a summary of what he said?

He jokingly said we'll hear something in November.  But to quote him, he said very very very very very very very soon.  

The anticipation is killing me.  I'd like to know one way or the other.  Obviously one way would be better.  😉 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I feel your pain, because we have a cruise booked in Sept, but our attitude is this:

We booked a cruise.  Yay!  If it sails, awesome!  If it doesn't, I will probably understand the circumstances, we'll rebook again for later. 

If I cancel now due to uncertainty, I know I am not cruising, and that makes me sad.

But, I will admit we have a high confidence of sailing, we are on the Magic out of Canaveral.

Yeah, at my better moments I go there.  But I'm still taking the vacation time, and I've already lost out on some good deals for alternatives if it's cancelled.  I finally put down money that is a lesser choice.  According to the TA it's 100% refundable if the cruise should go.  

Edited by naxer

1 minute ago, naxer said:

Yeah, at my better moments I go there.  But I'm still taking the vacation time, and I've already lost out on some good deals for alternatives if it's cancelled.  I finally put down money that is a lesser choice, that is (according to the TA) 100% refundable if the cruise should go, in case that offer should get sold out before Carnival can announce.

Understood.  And coming from Michigan (I presume), you have to plan more than me: I just drive 35 min to the port and park.  And my work is very flexible in me canceling a vacation and working through that time, to take leave later on instead.

16 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Us too!  We are on the Magic for 9/9 and feel confident we will be going.  We are vaccinated.

I saw where 678 crew on the Mardi Gras were vaccinated yesterday (@ Pt Canaveral). The FB post from the port didn't say if these were second doses, or if it was the 1 shot J&J. Probably much easier, from a crew standpoint, to go with the single shot.

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, tiffy0428 said:

What happens when everyone on the ship is vaccinated but someone still catches COVID? 

If a vaccinated passenger seeks medical attn for their symptoms and tests positive, then contract tracing and quarantine (for the positives) would begin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naxer said:

I think they just can't do a drip, drip, drip of announcements, or handle the calls and confusion after them.  For example, they know full well which cruises are canceled for September, but they probably want to get a handle on the exemptions for July and August before they have to start dealing with the ones from September and October, and the refunds and rebooking.  I don't blame them, but I am beginning to reconsider if cruising is the right choice for me--I'm a plan ahead person, and this being strung along is difficult to contend with.  I'm 60 days out and still don't know if it's going or not? And no when can tell me when I might know?

i like to plan as well so moved my next cruise to october 2022 and 2 more in 2023. certainly should be better by then. there are plenty of other vacations to do other than rush into a cruise too early.

1 hour ago, FloridaMommyof3 said:

Us too!  We are on the Magic for 9/9 and feel confident we will be going.  We are vaccinated.

2 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Understood.  And coming from Michigan (I presume), you have to plan more than me: I just drive 35 min to the port and park.  And my work is very flexible in me canceling a vacation and working through that time, to take leave later on instead.

I am also happy that we are booked on the Magic, the Mardi Gras, and the Horizon, as I think those three are very likely to sail.  I wish I could be as confident about my Royal Caribbean cruises; the Brilliance has not yet been announced and I am not confident about being able to sail out of San Juan on the Explorer in December.  I am so ready to be certain that cruises booked will be cruises actually sailed, with no more disappointing changes.

• Like 1

We're also cruising on Magic in September.  Since Carnival went out of their way to announce the Cruise Director for Magic (and a couple of other ships) I'm pretty confident that we'll be going.  We're all fully vaccinated and ready to go.

HOWEVER, I do agree with everyone who feels a bit put out by Carnival not being forthcoming with information about vaccinated vs. unvaccinated, protocols, etc.  It would make everyone's lives much easier if they'd make up their minds and let us know.