Recent adventure cruisers, is this true?

• Jtd724 changed the title to Recent adventure cruisers, is this true?
14 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

It is a first world problem....

So is every question on this forum.  Why bother criticize a legitimate question.

To the OP. @RCCL Fan indicated that on his cruise last week it was unavailable but that it was a supplier problem.  I'd hope that that sort of thing would be easily rectified from week to week. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

It is a first world problem....

I for one LOVE that we are now back to the point where we can ask and discuss issues like orange juice!  So glad we're returning to cruising!!! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 14
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jtd724 said:

They do not have fresh squeezed orange juice available?

Orange delivery was not made ? Machine broken? IS it true? You are telling the story. I know it is only available for certain hours then they have to clean the machine. So I guess it will remain one of the great unresolved mystery 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

So is every question on this forum.  Why bother criticize a legitimate question.

To the OP. @RCCL Fan indicated that on his cruise last week it was unavailable but that it was a supplier problem.  I'd hope that that sort of thing would be easily rectified from week to week. 

;  )

• Like 2

Think of this.  It leaves from Bahamas, not Florida. Imagine getting all the supplies in the Bahamas.  It's not like trucks just rolling into Florida docks.  Maybe the Oranges did not make it on time....but if they ever don't get their beer shipment......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Someone noted on one of the earlier sailings that a dish called for broccollini and they got broccoli instead. I suspect being provisioned out of Freeport instead of Miami..could result in shortages. As I recall chefs often inspect produce before accepting... kinda hard to do when there is not back up supply that can be had..  I wonder with all the truck diver shortages if Florida ports will have issues too.

15 hours ago, Jtd724 said:

They do not have fresh squeezed orange juice available?

a few years ago i was on another cruise line and being in a suite one of the perks was eating in the special restaurant for bfast. of course on the menu was fresh squeezed OJ.   i guess i never had it before because it was so gross i had to not drink it. it was like total pulp with a medicine dropper of liquid infused lol. so id welcome no fresh squeezed 🙂

33 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

a few years ago i was on another cruise line and being in a suite one of the perks was eating in the special restaurant for bfast. of course on the menu was fresh squeezed OJ.   i guess i never had it before because it was so gross i had to not drink it. it was like total pulp with a medicine dropper of liquid infused lol. so id welcome no fresh squeezed 🙂

No idea what was wrong in that cruise but the fresh squeezed available in the Windjammer is to die for. If you order a mimosa at the windjammer bar. they use the fresh squeezed stuff. I love it!  It is my favorite of a windjammer breakfast, that and giant piles of bacon 🥓 🙂 

10 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

No idea what was wrong in that cruise but the fresh squeezed available in the Windjammer is to die for. If you order a mimosa at the windjammer bar. they use the fresh squeezed stuff. I love it!  It is my favorite of a windjammer breakfast, that and giant piles of bacon 🥓 🙂 

I just learned something new and helpful! Mimosas at the windjammer bar??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

hink of this.  It leaves from Bahamas, not Florida. Imagine getting all the supplies in the Bahamas.  It's not like trucks just rolling into Florida docks.  Maybe the Oranges did not make it on time....but if they ever don't get their beer shipment.....

If they don't get their beer shipment that helicopter deck is gonna be busy.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kearney said:

Someone noted on one of the earlier sailings that a dish called for broccollini and they got broccoli instead. I suspect being provisioned out of Freeport instead of Miami..could result in shortages. As I recall chefs often inspect produce before accepting... kinda hard to do when there is not back up supply that can be had..  I wonder with all the truck diver shortages if Florida ports will have issues too.

this is a very logical explanation. Along with the broccolini there was a drink they couldn’t make at the bars because they didn’t get the juice on board. It’s probably going to be an issue for a while, and it’s not unique to the cruise lines. Our local Sonic’s and CFA’s ha e signs up that apologize for some things not being available due to national shortages, I can only imagine the food shortages in other countries 😕

Supply Chain issues are everywhere. It may have nothing to do with the fact the cruise is home ported in the Bahamas.

Some smaller airports are having fuel supply issues. Not because there's no gas, just there are troubles getting the gas there.

43 minutes ago, WxNerd said:

this is a very logical explanation. Along with the broccolini there was a drink they couldn’t make at the bars because they didn’t get the juice on board. It’s probably going to be an issue for a while, and it’s not unique to the cruise lines. Our local Sonic’s and CFA’s ha e signs up that apologize for some things not being available due to national shortages, I can only imagine the food shortages in other countries 😕

Ironically, the local supermarket has not had the spray Oxiclean or spry and wash for over a month..they have the dry powder..but not the liquid spray. I just assumed they came from the same place..but perhaps not. My sister inlaw has been waiting months for a fridge..etc.  Looks like you had a good time despite missing ingredients. We are heading out in August.... I had to search out rental scooters for my husband... and it took a while...but Special Needs group have come through... so I realize things are going to be different coming out of a last minute home port.

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I will have to remember that....:) 

I had fresh squeezed orange juice on Adventure out of Nassau the one time I managed to make it to the Windjammer for breakfast during my 3 weeks onboard.

But really the fresh squeezed orange juice is just not always that great. It's all from whatever oranges they have at the time rather than a mixture of varying varieties. So it can taste very different from one sailing to the next. If I had a choice I think I'd prefer being able to get packaged orange juice from some national brand. Considering the relationship with Coca-Cola, I'd have thought we could at least count on having Minute Maid orange juice instead of reconstituted orange sugar water. 🙂

Edited by dswallow
  • Like 1