Roatan Tours Suggestions

mavo68

We would like to do a tour of the sloth/monkey habitat and the chocolate and rum experience. I know it’s not a RC tour but does anyone suggest a good tour group to book? I have seen quite a few but I am not sure who to book.

11 minutes ago, mavo68 said:

We would like to do a tour of the sloth/monkey habitat and the chocolate and rum experience. I know it’s not a RC tour but does anyone suggest a good tour group to book? I have seen quite a few but I am not sure who to book.

Not sure when your sailing is but I don’t think independent tours are allowed presently on Roatan.

pre-pandemic there were several tour operators regularly recommended but not sure who will still be in business when cruising resumes. They all use a similar pricing scale.

I would suggest reading the last page or so of local Roatan board for suggestions of where to start your research.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/15-roatan/

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Not sure when your sailing is but I don’t think independent tours are allowed presently on Roatan.

pre-pandemic there were several tour operators regularly recommended but not sure who will still be in business when cruising resumes. They all use a similar pricing scale.

I would suggest reading the last page or so of local Roatan board for suggestions of where to start your research.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/15-roatan/

I hope so! I didn’t hear that. I know the cruise’s haven’t let unvaccinated passengers book tours outside of RC but who knows if it will change again. We have another one booked at an all inclusive day at Cozumel. I had no idea about the other boards for the ports. I will look there.

29 minutes ago, mavo68 said:

I hope so! I didn’t hear that. I know the cruise’s haven’t let unvaccinated passengers book tours outside of RC but who knows if it will change again. We have another one booked at an all inclusive day at Cozumel. I had no idea about the other boards for the ports. I will look there.

you may well be correct! It varies from ship to ship.

Cozumel and Roatan generally are very active boards but of course at present some of the information is dated. Where have you booked in Cozumel? 

46 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Cozumel and Roatan generally are very active boards but of course at present some of the information is dated. Where have you booked in Cozumel? 

We are going to Paradise Beach

2 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Sorry I made a mistake we are doing Playa Mia. They had a 50% off deal. We were looking at both and obviously this was a much better deal

Edited by mavo68

I've used Victor Boddens tours since it was a one man show and he even showed us his home on our first tour with him. A great tour company at a very reasonable price. Take a private tour for under $100 for two people and you can go wherever you want on Roatan.

We did a private tour with Rony's.  Brian was our driver, and he was fantastic!  We brought coloring books and school supplies for underprivileged children, which he set up at a church, went to the chocolate factory, sloth and monkey spot, toured the island and he took us for an amazing lunch across the street from the pier and we had IGUANA and beer and enjoyed every minute of it! 😉

do not use Discover Roatan tours.  Although I have a copy of their refund policy of 100%, they refuse to refund me and because I did through PayPal, and it was more than 6 months, PayPal won't help either.  I don't run a charity and if I wished to contribute to businesses, I would do so on my terms.  Lesson learned though.  Don't trust the fine print and don't use PayPal.

• Thanks 1

On 7/19/2021 at 9:29 PM, mavo68 said:

Sorry I made a mistake we are doing Playa Mia. They had a 50% off deal. We were looking at both and obviously this was a much better deal

I have been to Paradise Beach but not Playa Mia. 

• 1 month later...