Anyone booking any of the new sailings today ?

Host Hattie

• Host Hattie changed the title to Anyone booking any of the new sailings today ?

Hello Hattie, all

I was hoping to do so, but phone lines aren’t accepting calls (automatically getting cut off) and website doesn’t seems to be functioning taking me through to a maintenance page when I try to book…..I assume demand must be (very) high……! 

I will try again this afternoon! 

• Like 1

TA was successful in getting QG for the January trip.  Pals are next door and it feels good to have something to look forward to.  Fingers crossed that it remains doable.

• Like 1

We booked the 18th October cruise with TA.  However it’s all a gamble right now as the FCDO have not changed the travel advice with regard to international cruise travel.  Until that happens no one would be insured aboard the ship.  I checked this morning and we do have insurance for cancellation due to unforeseen reasons prior to the travel date but if the advice isn’t altered by October we assume the cruise will have to be cancelled.  😕.   
it is amazing that companies can do a major advertising campaign whilst  the foreign office advice remains unchanged.  

2 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

TA managed to get our first choice balcony cabin on QM2 Canaries and Caribbean cruise in January.

Great! 

I managed to get through on the phone after an hour or so. Managed to book a Q6 for a short trip next year at a price I’m happy with. Let’s hope it happens - my last two booked trips have been sadly cancelled!  Also my first time in the Grills so very much looking forward to it. 

2 hours ago, 57eric said:

Website not allowing me to complete booking and US phones not open yet.

The website seems to be working again now. 

I suspect there was a bit flurry of activity in the first couple of hours and things will start to return too normal now. 

I am so excited with the new releases. We can now sail from NY to GB in April , so much better than a 10 hr transatlantic flight! Our return voyage is two weeks later in May. I called our Cunard rep yesterday to discuss booking. Waiting for a call back today with our booking information. I am so looking forward to walking the promenade and gazing at the beauty and majesty of the sea.......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 57eric said:

Website not allowing me to complete booking ...

Same here when I take a look at the Cunard US website. It appears to be possible to book the previously announced voyages, but there's an issue with the new voyages that went on sale today. I can get as far as selecting a cabin, but then I don't see the "Continue" button to proceed any further with booking those new voyages on the US website.

Looks like anyone wishing to book those new voyages today in the US will need to do so via the phone, especially when I can't find the new voyages listed yet on any of the US cruise booking websites that I routinely check.

Fortunately I'm not looking to book today. I'm just window shopping for now. Just thought I'd pass along what I'm seeing in case it helps anyone else in the US who's running into similar issues.

I really want to book the Fort Lauderdale-Fort Lauderdale voyage but Mister thinks we should just use the money to enhance our Northern Lights/TA trip. I’ll keep checking the website and if it gets closer and if it isn’t sold out I might be able to convince him to book it. Right? 

2 hours ago, seapals2 said:

We booked the 18th October cruise with TA.  However it’s all a gamble right now as the FCDO have not changed the travel advice with regard to international cruise travel.  Until that happens no one would be insured aboard the ship.  I checked this morning and we do have insurance for cancellation due to unforeseen reasons prior to the travel date but if the advice isn’t altered by October we assume the cruise will have to be cancelled.  😕.   
it is amazing that companies can do a major advertising campaign whilst  the foreign office advice remains unchanged.  

Try Cover For You or Cedartree 

22 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

Try Cover For You or Cedartree 

Could also try batleaxe.However I'm positive unless FCDO advice changes cruise won't go ahead.

However I  thought  FCDO was going to change advice for all European Amber countries,  so makes sense for it to allow foreign cruise to these countries. 

I’ve spoken to Holiday Extras (recommended insurers) who confirm that you are not insured if you travel with the foreign office advice unchanged.   I do not know of any insurers that would insure you under those circumstances.  Just happy that we are covered for the coming weeks should anything unforeseen happen. (Holiday extras offers the same but not Covid cancellation cover).  We have had to cancel in the past due to family bereavement.   Let’s hope the guide lines are adjusted soon.  Changes were made very quickly when seacations came on sale allowing domestic cruises.  

Not today but did book the QM2 14 day New England & Canada sailing  (NYC-NYC) to Quebec.

It will sail in Saturday September - 2022.

Looking forward to this since we did something like this with the QE2 in 1983 and very much loved it.

The locations in Canada are wonderful and very scenic to visit. With this trip we will be in Quebec for three days with 2 nights overnights.

Also seeing New England and Canada in Pre Fall will have a special look.

We will share this sailing with those from the UK and Germany.

1 hour ago, seapals2 said:

I’ve spoken to Holiday Extras (recommended insurers) who confirm that you are not insured if you travel with the foreign office advice unchanged.   I do not know of any insurers that would insure you under those circumstances.  Just happy that we are covered for the coming weeks should anything unforeseen happen. (Holiday extras offers the same but not Covid cancellation cover).  We have had to cancel in the past due to family bereavement.   Let’s hope the guide lines are adjusted soon.  Changes were made very quickly when seacations came on sale allowing domestic cruises.  

Both Cover For You and Cedar Tree appear to offer the appropriate cover.  Spoke too them and they confirmed via email. Clearly everyone needs to check for their individual circumstances.

6 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Same here when I take a look at the Cunard US website. It appears to be possible to book the previously announced voyages, but there's an issue with the new voyages that went on sale today. I can get as far as selecting a cabin, but then I don't see the "Continue" button to proceed any further with booking those new voyages on the US website.

Looks like anyone wishing to book those new voyages today in the US will need to do so via the phone, especially when I can't find the new voyages listed yet on any of the US cruise booking websites that I routinely check.

Fortunately I'm not looking to book today. I'm just window shopping for now. Just thought I'd pass along what I'm seeing in case it helps anyone else in the US who's running into similar issues.

It is not just on the US site, after choosing cabin on UK site there is no continue button either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I booked yesterday on to the 14th January 2022 sailing on Queen Mary 2.  Following my booking on looking into insurance for this cruise I have been informed by several insurance companies including Holiday Extras that it is currently uninsurable due to FCDO advice on cruises.  It was also suggested that I look at each individual destination's Government advice page for specific details as even if the FCDO advice is lifted these rules are really the ones which will impact the cruise.  Having done this I find that currently each destination country has the UK on their high risk list requiring PCR tests at least 72 hours before entry and in a few instances quarantine of between 5 and 7 days.  One country (St Kitts) is currently closed to all visitors and anticipates opening at the earliest on 1 November. This information is clearly the basis for non availability of insurance at this point.  With the balance due in October for this cruise there would appear to be quite a small window for the world to decide on the UK's "Guinea pig" approach to relying on mass vaccination amid virtually no restrictions.  There was an interesting article in the New York Times on this very issue which clearly reflects how the majority of the world are currently viewing the UK policy.

So I'm not getting too excited yet as I cannot currently see how the cruise can sail with these heavy individual requirements by countries to allow UK visitors. I have emailed Cunard for their take on the situation and await with interest their answer.

• Like 1

Success! TA got us exactly what we wanted, PG for the Feb. rt NY Caribbean run. She did say she was on hold for an hour or so, but did manage to get us the exact cabin we requested. Very excited as this is a no fly trip for us!

13 hours ago, dthompsond1 said:

It is not just on the US site, after choosing cabin on UK site there is no continue button either.

Finally got continue button about mid day today😊 Booked a 5 night trip to Hamburg and Cherbourg in March in the same sheltered balcony stateroom( same price as an inside cabin!) as we have booked transatlantic from New York Oct. 2022.

• Like 1