Updated dry dock schedule please.

Can someone point me in the direction of a current dry dock schedule? I'm especially interested in the Grand. Someone posted she's being released from dry dock 5-11-22. That's the day she's scheduled to set sail for our Alaskan cruise. That seems a little too close for comfort. 

SHIP

DRYDOCK/WETDOCK SCHEDULE

MOST RECENT

Caribbean Princess April 7 - 25, 2022  Portland

April 13 - May 11, 2019

Coral Princess December 1 - December 15, 2021  Cadiz January 21 - January 30, 2019
Crown Princess

October 2 - 19, 2022

Portland January 6 - 20, 2021
Diamond Princess January 22 - 30, 2022  Singapore January 19 - February 1, 2019 
Emerald Princess October 10 - 26, 2022  Brest March 29 - April 14, 2019
Enchanted Princess March 25 - April 15, 2023 Marseille N/A
Grand Princess April 25 - May 11, 2022  Portland March 5 - March 18, 2019
Island Princess August 17 - 31, 2021 Marseille November 26 - December 6, 2017
Majestic Princess September 26 - October 3, 2023  Ogden Point February 24 - March 11, 2020
Regal Princess April 16 - 30, 2022 Marseille April 17 - April 30, 2017
Royal Princess October 3 - 15, 2021  Singapore December 1 - December 7, 2018
Ruby Princess October 3 - 15, 2021  Portland September 30 - October 14, 2018
Sapphire Princess April 10 - May 1, 2023 Portland December 31 - January 17, 2021
Sky Princess April 15 - May 6, 2023 Brest N/A

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, 1965 said:

Jadn 13 thank you for responding so quickly. 😊

I shared it before on my roll call since we also thought  it was going to effect our Emerald cruise

Edited by Jadn13

2 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

Our Caribbean Princess cruise on 20th March, East/West Caribbean has been cancelled as ship is going into dry dock….so this schedule is not the most up to date !!!!!!

If you are  aware of a more up to date schedule, please share.

Thank You

2 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

Our Caribbean Princess cruise on 20th March, East/West Caribbean has been cancelled as ship is going into dry dock….so this schedule is not the most up to date !!!!!!

The ship has to get from the East Coast to the West Coast by early April - that is why your late March sailing was cancelled.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

Looks to me that it is in dry dock in Portland, and therefore on the west coast, so caribbean cruises are out of the question

Just now, Jadn13 said:

If you are  aware of a more up to date schedule, please share.

Thank You

I posted the same schedule as above a week or so ago - it came directly from a Princess employee and was updated end of July, so pretty up to date!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

Looks to me that it is in dry dock in Portland, and therefore on the west coast, so caribbean cruises are out of the question

It's scheduled to leave Portland on the 11th & set sail in Vancouver, BC, on the 11th. Can this really be accomplished? Maybe this kind of timing is commonplace. 

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

The ship has to get from the East Coast to the West Coast by early April - that is why your late March sailing was cancelled.

My ignorance-apologies !

I had no idea the ship would take from 20th March when it returns to Fort Lauderdale after 13th. March cruise, to arrive in Portland by 7th. April..that’s 18 days !!! 

14 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

My ignorance-apologies !

I had no idea the ship would take from 20th March when it returns to Fort Lauderdale after 13th. March cruise, to arrive in Portland by 7th. April..that’s 18 days !!! 

Three of those days will be a San Fran-Vancouver coastal (not confirmed yet or available for booking, but already on our port schedule as being the first ship back). I wouldn't be surprised if they slot in a Panama Canal from East to West rather than sail it empty....but no idea if this is going to happen....

Our Caribbean Princess April 30, 2022 cruise was cancelled due to the drydock. I believe the correct dates for the drydock for her is March 20 - May 13th 2022.

I wish the schedule showed what the drydock entails as that seems like a long time.

Edited by pcsunlover

I was just in contact with my TA about the Diamond. I am booked on the Jan 20, '22 SA & Antarctica. She has not heard a thing from Princess despite the fact basically we are shut out of Chile, Argentina, Uruguay & the Falklands! Humm a cruise to nowhere????

6 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

I shared it before on my roll call since we also thought  it was going to effect our Emerald cruise

It did effect my Emerald cruise. We were supposed to leave Southampton 10/10/22 for our first TA. It was bumped back a month to November. Ugh--had to change *again*.

5 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

My ignorance-apologies !

One way Panama Canal  LA to FLL (and the reverse) is 15 days, so adding in LA to Portland would be about 18 days.

I also have the Jan 4th 2022 cruise on the Diamond booked.  I think we can probably forget about this cruise being a GO for several reasons as stated above. And I do not think there she could get to Singapore in 2 days from Santiago if this information is true.  I really have tried but have been unable to find anything official from Princess about future drydocks,  Luckily I do not have a big sum of money invested in this cruise.  I have just been patiently waiting for Princess to cancel this one toooooooooooo.

Diamond Princess January 22 - 30, 2022  Singapore
Edited by hpeabody

I am booked on the World Cruise Jan, 2023 on the Island Princess, unfortunately (UGH! Princess' most awful ship since they hacked her)  I can only hope that they create an IC (International Cafe) like they did on her former twin, the Coral during this next maybe drydock, if this information is true.  I really have tried but have been unable to find anything official from Princess about future drydocks,

Edited by hpeabody

6 hours ago, Ofmyheart said:

I was just in contact with my TA about the Diamond. I am booked on the Jan 20, '22 SA & Antarctica. She has not heard a thing from Princess despite the fact basically we are shut out of Chile, Argentina, Uruguay & the Falklands! Humm a cruise to nowhere????

I too am wondering why it is taking Princess so long to cancel these cruises.  Celebrity announced that their South America season was cancelled almost two weeks ago due to conditions there.  And the Falklands banned large cruise ships from coming there during the upcoming season more than two months ago.  Thinking that they are going to be announcing new cruises for the Diamond when they cancel the current ones but geesh, it would be nice for them to at least give those of us who are booked on these cruises a heads-up that they aren't going.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rabin1 said:

Sorry would someone please explain what happens during a wetdock? I have no clue

Thank you

A dry dock requires the ship to be completely out of the water so that maintenance can be done to the part of the ship that is normally under water. This could include repainting the hull, propeller maintenance, etc. Of course at the same time maintenance can be done on outside areas that are always above the water line as well as inside work.

A wet dock keeps the ship in the water and will do the maintenance listed above except for what would happen outside below the water line.

7 hours ago, rabin1 said:

Sorry would someone please explain what happens during a wetdock? I have no clue

Thank you

Hi robin1  --  good question.  Below is the last dry dock for 2 ships -- Grand Princess and the Sapphire Princess.   This should give some idea on what happens during a dry dock.  Typically,  the longer the dry dock (7/10 days versus 20 days) more maintenance and/or upgrades will be performed.

Grand Princess (Grand Class) - Dry dock 2019 (Portland, Oregon)

Reupholster lounge chairs in Explorer's, Crooner's, Wheelhouse, Crown Grill, Library, and Snookers. 

New information screens throughout elevator lobbies

New bathtubs in staterooms

New sofas for Explorer's and Crooner's 

Replace Mini-suite sleeper sofas 

Replace astro turf deck covering on upper decks 

Replace Horizon Court carpeting and tiles 

Replace Wheelhouse Dance floor 

Refurbish elevator interiors

Repair/Refinish beverage station cabinets in Horizon Court 

New carpeting in the dining rooms and Crooner's. 

New carpeting in hallways

Refurbish swimming pools

General maintenance and upkeep

Painted hull of ship

New propellers

New hot tub tiling around both Calypso and Neptune pools

Ocean Medallion wiring install (not active until subsequent dry-dock in 2022)

SHIP SYSTEMS: Inspection and repair of propellers, exchangers, propulsion as well as hot and cold water lines.   

Sapphire Princess - 2018 dry dock (2-week project, completed in Singapore):

New bow livery

All cabins were upgraded with the custom-made Princess Luxury beds.

Renovated the wellness center (Fitness Center and Lotus Spa )

Renovated all retail shops

Renovated corridors and hallways.

Princess Theatre (indoor movie lounge) received new LED screen (15x5 m / 49x16 ft).

Theater's show programs have been upgraded with the new production show like "Bravo". The musical is offered on formal nights.

A new category cabin (Club-Class Mini-Suite) was introduced with VIP amenities and reserved -dining area. Price-in exclusive amenities also include expedited dinner seating, priority services (embarkation/disembarkation), complimentary wine, expanded menu, premium bathrobes.

SHIP SYSTEMS: Inspection and repair of propellers, exchangers, propulsion as well as hot and cold water lines.

Hope this helps.   John 

• Like 2

On 8/7/2021 at 4:04 PM, pcsunlover said:

Our Caribbean Princess April 30, 2022 cruise was cancelled due to the drydock. I believe the correct dates for the drydock for her is March 20 - May 13th 2022.

Time out of service will be from March 19 to May 13, as our March 13 cruise was shortened by a day.  So, we will be on the last cruise before drydock, and first cruise after, as we are on the May 14 sailing. Not overly excited about that.