Onboard Allure!!

18 hours ago, ToroAzul said:

Are masks required on the pool deck and have they limited the amount of chairs?

Having two kids booked I hate the idea of them having capped the amount of guests in a pool at a time.

image.jpeg.e3ac17f49da6e02b63020066ce433e85.jpeg

Edited by F27TW
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

About $450,000 for a Flow Rider( that's about 45 cruises for you)....think about it though much cheaper then a wave pool......which is between 1.5 million and 2 million.

You have me confused with M8.  I rarely even sail in a Jr. Suite and never in a full suite.  I would imagine most of my cruises with airfare are less than $3000.  The only times I have spent anywhere near that amount was on a significant land vacation in Costa Rica, or South American cruise with a significant land trip before and after and visiting Machu Picchu on our own, a couple of river cruises with a significant land trip in Europe, or the cruises to Australia that included several nights on Heron Island with Helicopter arrival and departure.  As far as RCI cruises, for a full flowrider and not a single it would be about $700,000, which would be over 300 cruises or 2400 days on a cruise ship.  I know Mrs.  xpcdoojk would kill me if I booked that many cruises.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Have you priced one?  I am pretty certain, that Mrs xpcdoojk would not approve.  

I am waiting for our friend Andrew to build one in Ontario, and when I retire, I am going to park my future Airstream in his yard for at least a few weeks every summer.  

In the meantime, you can just hang out at Margaritaville on Hollywood beach. Our favorite hotel to stay at for a few days before cruises from FLL or Miami.

https://www.margaritavillehollywoodbeachresort.com/activities/flowrider/

Quick question for anyone who's currently on board: Is there anywhere that you can get self-serve coffee in the morning (i.e. Cafe Promenade or Park Cafe), or is everything staff-served?

Edited by orville99

I can't wait to get on in Oct. The reduce capacity is going to be great. I am glad they only have a few shows and we will have all the opportunities to see them. Shows are usually what we miss on a cruise because they have so many other activities. Other than CocoCay, we aren't planning to get off at any other ports. 

It sounds like a great time for you! We are on the August 29 sailing and can’t wait!  Did you happen to see a special on the Ultimate Dining Package on boarding day? We remember purchasing one on boarding day that was discounted from the price online. Thanks for posting all the information!

Is  using  the Royal App the only way to book the entertainment yourself or are there any kiosk set up for you to use? I have had trouble connecting to the ship WIFI on past cruises and was never able to use the Royal app.  Second question was the Diamond Lounge Concierge in the Diamond Lounge the afternoon of boarding?  We have a 1:00 pm boarding time and my plan was to forego a Park Cafe roast beef sandwich and head straight to the Diamond lounge to get our entertainment booked if there are no Kiosk available.  .

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

Is  using  the Royal App the only way to book the entertainment yourself or are there any kiosk set up for you to use? I have had trouble connecting to the ship WIFI on past cruises and was never able to use the Royal app.  Second question was the Diamond Lounge Concierge in the Diamond Lounge the afternoon of boarding?  We have a 1:00 pm boarding time and my plan was to forego a Park Cafe roast beef sandwich and head straight to the Diamond lounge to get our entertainment booked if there are no Kiosk available.  .

Typically on boarding day the lounges are unstaffed, but the passenger accessible PC’s are functioning.

3 minutes ago, George C said:

Surprised no aqua shows during the day .

Pretty much night only for main show. They do use day hours if they are pressed to reschedule cancelations 

Allure used to do a dive competition during the day. It will show up in Compass

2 hours ago, lazydayz said:

I don't think so.  This was from an e-mail I received from Dexter yesterday.  

From what I've picked up, the SLs will be operating with one concierge due to the reduced passenger capacity and because of the temporary change of Pinnacles not being admitted into the SL.  RCI will add second SL concierges after capacity is ramped up.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

From what I've picked up, the SLs will be operating with one concierge due to the reduced passenger capacity and because of the temporary change of Pinnacles not being admitted into the SL.  RCI will add second SL concierges after capacity is ramped up.  

I was under the impression that suites were at full capacity.

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

my thoughts too.  I mean show me the bacon on the plate not mixed with milk.  YUCK

Agree!   This is the newest food fad thing .. bacon in everything .. in desserts, in cocktails, on donuts, in shakes, etc ..  its about as annoying as the salted-caramel phase was !   And the cauliflower one too!  lol

Edited by F27TW
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, F27TW said:

Agree!   This is the newest food fad thing .. bacon in everything .. in desserts, in cocktails, on donuts, in shakes, etc ..  its about as annoying as the salted-caramel phase was !   lol

and let us not forget about HOT sauce.  I mean for those of us who do not like it.  

so many cross flavoring in chips, tea, ice cream.  

My mother if she was alive would be amazed at all the choices.   OMG  

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sandie said:

A quick question about St. Maarten.  Were passengers able to disembark on their own or did you have to be on a ship sponsored excursion?

Marc Walker, the BingBong cruise director, has a facebook page and is on Allure. His post today was about being in Sint Maarten and many passengers enjoying shopping in town.  From that it seemed that they were free to go on their own.

• Like 1