B2B2B On 3 different ships

pilot

In January 2022 I have booked 3 cruises…Celebrity to Princess to Holland America. 

If cruise lines are still requiring COVID test before board, I’m wondering how to get tests for cruise 2 and 3?

Presently are they testing when you get off the ship and if so, do they give you a hard copy of results?

Any ideas?

I think you will have a very hard time doing 3 cruises like this. People doing b2bs on one cruise line are struggling to find a way to test in between.

Are these cruises all out of the same place? If so, one idea might be to cancel the middle one and switch those days to a land trip.

Edited by sanger727

1 hour ago, pilot said:

In January 2022 I have booked 3 cruises…Celebrity to Princess to Holland America. 

If cruise lines are still requiring COVID test before board, I’m wondering how to get tests for cruise 2 and 3?

Presently are they testing when you get off the ship and if so, do they give you a hard copy of results?

Any ideas?

Here’s an idea, but you might want to wait until you get much closer to your first sail date to make sure antigen tests will still be required. 

Research the following Celebrity thread to get the link to the company that is giving antigen tests by reservation for a fee. Then reserve a time on each of your transition days to go get your 15 minute antigen test. It may be a little costly, but it might be a workable option for you. 

Celebrity thread: PCR test results are not in/Denied boarding - Aug 8 Equinox

• Like 1

I have a B2B April and May,3032 on Celebrity and Crystal and hopefully the pandemic and rules will be ended, If not I plan to ask the HD if they can do a test onboard. If they can’t, or won’t , I will have a test in port.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pilot said:

Any ideas?

check this laboratory it's verified by other CC members that boarded yesterday the Edge and today the Equinox

https://fasttestnow.com/

50 minutes ago, Orator said:

I have a B2B April and May,3032 on Celebrity and Crystal and hopefully the pandemic and rules will be ended, If not I plan to ask the HD if they can do a test onboard. If they can’t, or won’t , I will have a test in port.

I know….I know….I know I’m Not suppose to do this, But……. Orator, don’t worry I think the pandemic will have ended in 1,011 years from now. If it hasn’t, then the human race won’t be taking cruises, it’ll be some other species!!

But I agree, my April/May, things may very well change and no testing will be required. Heck, I’m hoping things calm a bit down by the November, but not planning on it for our cruise. 

den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sanger727 said:

People doing b2bs on one cruise line are struggling to find a way to test in between.

Thankfully, not on Celebrity.  They're handling all of this for their B2B guests.

To the OP:  What port(s) and are arrival/departure same day for each? 

A worried traveler here managed to get a fast antigen appointment in FLL.  no telling how it will be by January.  Better, I would guess, based upon UK Delta curve.

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

I know….I know….I know I’m Not suppose to do this, But……. Orator, don’t worry I think the pandemic will have ended in 1,011 years from now. If it hasn’t, then the human race won’t be taking cruises, it’ll be some other species!!

But I agree, my April/May, things may very well change and no testing will be required. Heck, I’m hoping things calm a bit down by the November, but not planning on it for our cruise. 

den

I predict that in1011 years the sample of Covid 19 will escape from a lab where they stored a sample and will infect people.

Edited by Orator
  • Like 1

I have what Celebrity called a "continuous cruise" next spring - leaving one Celebrity ship and boarding another.  Can't even (yet) get confirmation if Celebrity will help me with this since it is essentially a B2B for all practical purposes.  I know, hopefully testing will not be required by then, but honestly I would expect that since we know the virus will not be going away any time soon there is a lot to gain and little to lose for them by keeping this requirement.  It will be a real challenge for B2B's changing companies.  You have the stress of trying to find a test in port, and then hoping the ships schedules are all on time to allow you to get the test.

Another reason I think these darn CEO's should get together and hire some type of testing org to do testing at the pier before boarding for those that need it.  They could charge a small fee, and have a site near to the piers with a tent and chairs for awaiting results.  Hopefully if testing continues they will think ahead and make something like this happen!

34 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I have what Celebrity called a "continuous cruise" next spring - leaving one Celebrity ship and boarding another.  Can't even (yet) get confirmation if Celebrity will help me with this since it is essentially a B2B for all practical purposes.  I know, hopefully testing will not be required by then, but honestly I would expect that since we know the virus will not be going away any time soon there is a lot to gain and little to lose for them by keeping this requirement.  It will be a real challenge for B2B's changing companies.  You have the stress of trying to find a test in port, and then hoping the ships schedules are all on time to allow you to get the test.

Another reason I think these darn CEO's should get together and hire some type of testing org to do testing at the pier before boarding for those that need it.  They could charge a small fee, and have a site near to the piers with a tent and chairs for awaiting results.  Hopefully if testing continues they will think ahead and make something like this happen!

I think the ports and testing companies will figure this out. Many testing companies have opened sites in or near airports for this purpose. Given how recent this requirement is it will probably take a little bit. But no doubt some enterprising company will see profit in opening up in/near cruise ports.

• Like 1

FYI Princess is giving onboard tests for folks doing a B2B  on the same ship. Maybe Celebrity will give you one as a courtesy as they would if you were flying out to Canada at the end of your week. . Hopefully Princess would give you one at the end of your second week. Good luck,

We have a sort of back-to-back cruise scheduled. We are on Celebrity Edge on Oct 23 out of Port Everglades and then going on Symphony of the Seas out of Port Miami on Oct 30. I called Celebrity and they assured me since I am going on a back-to-back (even though they know my other cruise is a RCCL cruise) they would provide testing for me on board with the other back-to-back cruisers. Just an FYI 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lake show cruiser said:

We have a sort of back-to-back cruise scheduled. We are on Celebrity Edge on Oct 23 out of Port Everglades and then going on Symphony of the Seas out of Port Miami on Oct 30. I called Celebrity and they assured me since I am going on a back-to-back (even though they know my other cruise is a RCCL cruise) they would provide testing for me on board with the other back-to-back cruisers. Just an FYI 

I certainly hope that is true since we have the same situation in November/December, Symphony to Reflection.  I am not extremely trusting of what the Celebrity reps say so if you could report back after your cruise, I would greatly appreciate it.

5 hours ago, lake show cruiser said:

I hope you are correct - for your sake and my own.  Sadly, everyone knows that all you need to do is call Celebrity twice and you stand a good chance of getting two different answers.  It certainly makes sense for them to do this, so hopefully that will prevail!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

They might provide testing if you were staying in the same ship, but with three different ships and obviously three different booking numbers, that is. Rey challenging.  Doing this during a pandemic will be so difficult, didn’t you have another choice fora vacation?

I’m sure the OP ( I’m assuming vaccinated) wasn’t expecting to have to take a covid test every cruise. I know when I booked my side by side in 2020 I certainly wasn’t expecting that. I have already started researching where the rapid test sites are in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale because I believe testing is not going away anytime soon.

40 minutes ago, djh said:

I’m sure the OP ( I’m assuming vaccinated) wasn’t expecting to have to take a covid test every cruise. I know when I booked my side by side in 2020 I certainly wasn’t expecting that. I have already started researching where the rapid test sites are in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale because I believe testing is not going away anytime soon.

covid has been a known issue for 18 months now. So most likely the OP booked this mid/post pandemic. For a long time the CDC and cruise lines were saying that no cruises over 7 days would be allowed at, including b2b. This itinerary being a challenge for a variety for potential reasons was entirely foreseeable.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2021 at 2:24 PM, pilot said:

Any ideas?

Just three -- try eight.🤪  My wife and I set up (about ten months ago) a plan to spend most of the winter in warmer climates.  Starting Nov. 20the, NCL -- Celebrity -- MSC -- HAL -- HAL -- Celebrity -- NCL -- and HAL.

Some have one day in between, one has two days, but many are going from one ship to the other on the same day.  If testing is still a thing, I'm not sure how we will pull it off.  In addition, I'm not sure testing cruise passengers is the best use of this technology, unless there are loads of surplus kits in south Florida?  

After 18 months of booking/cancelling and moving things around, this is just another frequent cruiser problem, which will be solved one way, or another.

Enjoy!

Kel