Live from Steerage. Onboard Mardi Gras now. Ask us anything.

KmomChicago

3 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

Going to Daniel Johnson’s Sloth and Monkey hangout today in Roatan (on Roatan? Which is the right way to say it?) 

Just bought the ride over, entrance to the hangout and ride back. Husband says our plan doesn’t cover roaming in Honduras and so no taking the devices off airplane mode lest we incur hundreds of dollars of extra charges. 

Last port day. I doubt we’ll venture over to our private sandy beach later but I guess we’ll see.

Hi from a neighbor to the north,  MN.  Happy birthday to you and hope you have a wonderful day.

I just wanted to say what a great job you are doing on your Mardi reporting and the photos are great.

I hope you still have time to enjoy yourself and your family while reporting on the cruise. Lovely kitties and thanks for rescuing.

We will be on the ship for Halloween and for the 50th anniv cruise 3/2022.

After seeing all the eating venues and food choices we will be getting off the ship at the end as CARGO.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SmoothFlying said:

Goodness !!!🙄 You'd think on a NEW ship, some how the pool attendants would finally figure out HOW to send those 'pesky' chair hogs back to their 'slop pens' (maybeeee with 'post-it-notes' too the effect, 'After ONE hour towel will be removed'). Guess it's gonna always be a problem when you have people who think THEY are important enough too dictate everything belongs to them as long as they want it. Reminds me of a six year old child who sees toys on the floor, runs up and grabs more than they could possibly use and SCREAMS, ' Mine ! Mine ! All Mine !, while glaring at everybody !.

Mac

There’s actually been plenty of chairs so far in spite of the hogs but perhaps because we are not full. 

Kmom, some might say that you are working too hard to be having any fun on your cruise vacation. Others would surmise that how much fun you have is heightened by how much “work” you do. I know where my vote goes and I could probably stuff the ballot box.

Good on ya for taking all requests and leaving no one hanging. From temperatures to consistencies, flavors to aromas, menus to mask hangings and all things other, it’s all covered. No matter the time of day. Darn good, young lady. Kind of like a Brand Ambassador with pharmaceuticals. Wow, could that get interesting.

I gotta say, in following the John Heald “walkies” and your “stills” there is an awful lot of ground to cover. I wonder if it’s too much, for us anyway. For example, food looks great but are there too many choices? There are some gorgeous public spaces, but will Center Stage ever be utilized to its fullest potential? Choices are nice to have, but with them comes the possibility of establishing favorites. Eventually, some will prosper and perhaps some not so much. May all things good come to Mardi Gras. And, whatever day of the week it is, it will always be Fat Tuesday.

Looking forward to my December cruise and thanks to folks like Kmom, I’ll be smarter and ready. At least I think I will. Also, only one request from me. Sometime, in the wee hours of the morning – between 3:00 & 3:30 am – I would like to see pictures of the ships bridge, from where comes the “Night Moves” when no one is looking.

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Kmom, some might say that you are working too hard to be having any fun on your cruise vacation. Others would surmise that how much fun you have is heightened by how much “work” you do. I know where my vote goes and I could probably stuff the ballot box.

Good on ya for taking all requests and leaving no one hanging. From temperatures to consistencies, flavors to aromas, menus to mask hangings and all things other, it’s all covered. No matter the time of day. Darn good, young lady. Kind of like a Brand Ambassador with pharmaceuticals. Wow, could that get interesting.

I gotta say, in following the John Heald “walkies” and your “stills” there is an awful lot of ground to cover. I wonder if it’s too much, for us anyway. For example, food looks great but are there too many choices? There are some gorgeous public spaces, but will Center Stage ever be utilized to its fullest potential? Choices are nice to have, but with them comes the possibility of establishing favorites. Eventually, some will prosper and perhaps some not so much. May all things good come to Mardi Gras. And, whatever day of the week it is, it will always be Fat Tuesday.

Looking forward to my December cruise and thanks to folks like Kmom, I’ll be smarter and ready. At least I think I will. Also, only one request from me. Sometime, in the wee hours of the morning – between 3:00 & 3:30 am – I would like to see pictures of the ships bridge, from where comes the “Night Moves” when no one is looking.

I’ll give it a shot, Spif and yes still having plenty of fun.

44 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

This cruise is officially a success effective RIGHT NOW! 

440287D1-A528-42A8-A430-ADEF10630B18.jpeg

Having a lot of fun with the funny, fun and gorgeous trivia host, Connor!

Is it just me or does the gold color actually look like real gold vs the traditional plastic gold look on past ship on a stick?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

There’s actually been plenty of chairs so far in spite of the hogs but perhaps because we are not full. 

My thoughts exactly.. What's going to happen IF MG is finally allowed (if ever) too sail 100% (some 5200 or more) in the future ? You thought the check in lines were long ? It'll be even worse and people will be lined up waiting for each chair. Sooner or later one well alcohol oiled sun god is gonna stagger over to a chair that another 'Dinks on us' alcoholic is about to sit down at the same time and.. ..😉 BOTH  will start with name calling, then blows. Bet if there's any little ones watching  from the pool, they'll say, 'And they say WE act like a child ?"

Mac

Edited by SmoothFlying

5 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

Do you have anytime or traditional dining? I’m curious how the wait time for anytime has been. 

YTD, only one dinner so far at Chibang and seated right away at 5:30. Planning on Flamingo DR tonight at 5:30.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

YTD, only one dinner so far at Chibang and seated right away at 5:30. Planning on Flamingo DR tonight at 5:30.

Can you tell me who the Maitre’d is for the YTD dining room when you go?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KmomChicago said:

This cruise is officially a success effective RIGHT NOW! 

440287D1-A528-42A8-A430-ADEF10630B18.jpeg

Having a lot of fun with the funny, fun and gorgeous trivia host, Connor!

Congratulations.

My goal on every ship is to win one at trivia.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, SmoothFlying said:

My thoughts exactly.. What's going to happen IF MG is finally allowed (if ever) too sail 100% (some 5200 or more) in the future ? You thought the check in lines were long ? It'll be even worse and people will be lined up waiting for each chair. Sooner or later one well alcohol oiled sun god is gonna stagger over to a chair that another 'Dinks on us' alcoholic is about to sit down at the same time and.. ..😉 BOTH  will start with name calling, then blows. Bet if there's any little ones watching  from the pool, they'll say, 'And they say WE act like a child ?"

Mac

See post #158. You responded about chair hogs, yet she was joking and posted pictures of towel animals strategically placed by crew on the Lido deck chairs in the late night hours.

While I certainly do not want to detract from your enjoyment of your cruise, if you should happen to find yourself in the duty free liquor shop, would it be possible to snap a pic of the price list.  Particularly of the scotches?  We have scads of OBC and thought we would get our son some single malt that he loves.  Wanted to show him what Carnival has and let him choose.  If you can't that's ok too.  Main thing is to have a blast!  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

While I certainly do not want to detract from your enjoyment of your cruise, if you should happen to find yourself in the duty free liquor shop, would it be possible to snap a pic of the price list.  Particularly of the scotches?  We have scads of OBC and thought we would get our son some single malt that he loves.  Wanted to show him what Carnival has and let him choose.  If you can't that's ok too.  Main thing is to have a blast!  

Not a list exactly but is this what you want?

4736556D-418A-4EA9-8DF9-8470E7D39FB5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much for all the information you have posted.  This has been really helpful.  We are on the ship for the August 21st sailing.  My son tried escargot for the first time on a Carnival cruise and he loves to get it every time we cruise.  Have you seen escargot on the MDR menu yet?

• Like 1