Another alcohol question

I have a 8 day planned for April second  . I am diamond status so I get 4 drinks a day plus if I understand the benefit correctly would also has free drinks from the diamond lounge 430 to 8 pm ish at the entertainment place on deck 4 on the allure I dine at 8pm so I would be in that area anyways . Plus we have 4 ports scheduled. At best I see a cost of at least 1000 dollars for me and my wife for the alcohol package .what is provided will do for my wife and will do for me on port days.the other four days I see myself drinking a total of 10 to 12 a day so if I pay for four to six drinks a I figure 350 ish plus 200 ish for replenishment for the wife. I am looking to see if my logic is correct or if I missed anything. Anyone’s thought would help thanks in advance

48 minutes ago, help04me said:

I have a 8 day planned for April second  . I am diamond status so I get 4 drinks a day plus if I understand the benefit correctly would also has free drinks from the diamond lounge 430 to 8 pm ish at the entertainment place on deck 4 on the allure I dine at 8pm so I would be in that area anyways . Plus we have 4 ports scheduled. At best I see a cost of at least 1000 dollars for me and my wife for the alcohol package .what is provided will do for my wife and will do for me on port days.the other four days I see myself drinking a total of 10 to 12 a day so if I pay for four to six drinks a I figure 350 ish plus 200 ish for replenishment for the wife. I am looking to see if my logic is correct or if I missed anything. Anyone’s thought would help thanks in advance

If you plan on drinking 10 to 12 drinks a day, 4 of those would be free, as long as they didn't cost more than $13.  If we say that $13 is the "normal" price of a drink, you would be paying $78 to $104 per day, plus 18%.  (so $92-$123) This means that a drink package would be "worth it" for you.

Royal Caribbean will allow you to buy one drink package and one refreshment package IF you call.  You can't do it online, because the rule is that both in the cabin must buy the deluxe beverage package.

As was said above you only get 4 drinks a day period as the perk. So you'll have to do the math. On port days would you only drink the 4 or need more? On sea days you'd be paying for 6-8 drinks a day so 78-104 as mentioned. So with 4 non port days you're 312-416 unless you're one to drink cheap drinks. If I'm doing my math right that's equivalent to a drink package at 44-49 a day. If you'd drink more than 4 drinks on port days that'd bump that up. Paying for one drink on port days would add 7/day to the prices above. 

Yes - pretty much covered it here.

You each get the “first 4” a day free - loads to your Seapass and no cost if under $13 or whatever the limit is.

IF you buy the drink pass - all in cabin must buy it (runs 50/60 a day per) but if you call and ask giving a reason why 1 cannot benefit (or taking meds that don’t permit alcohol) then they will allow one with booze and one refreshment package (cost between 25/35 per from memory). 

In that scenario Mrs should still get the 4 free - and you would get “unlimited” (subject to their limits). 

Is it worth pursuing - just depends - if your drinking 8 a day and Mrs 2 - and neither of you drink any coffee/juices - not likely. If your a beer drinker with the occasional mixed - again likely not. But if you will be drinking at least 8 mixed drinks and Mrs her 4 free and both of you also drink specialty coffee/fresh juice - it likely is.

$13 and 18% gratuity doesn’t take long to equal up - say 6 per day would equal cost of a alcohol and refreshment package if doing mixed drinks. With 4 free each - that’s still reachable by your estimated consumption - but of course the goal is to not just break even and some things can cause you to have to slow down a day or 2 easily - changing the math quickly.  

3 minutes ago, AustinCruise said:

One would think of someone called and said their cabin mate cannot buy the drink package because they don’t drink…. Their vouchers would get tagged as non-alcohol only. 

They haven't done that in the past -- don't see why they would now.  

2 hours ago, George C said:

Interesting from what I read if you drink at suite lounge drinks do not go against your vouchers but diamond does? I was thinking about dropping package, diamond plus get 5 vouchers.

Suites pay a significantly higher price to be on the ship. 

2 hours ago, George C said:

Interesting from what I read if you drink at suite lounge drinks do not go against your vouchers but diamond does? I was thinking about dropping package, diamond plus get 5 vouchers.

Suites don't get vouchers to use, unlike the DL inhabitants 

My general thought on this issue is if you ask the question more likely than not the answer is the deluxe beverage package is not for you. Of course a general response doesn’t cover every situation, but most people who drink know right away if the deluxe package is worth it or not. 

9 hours ago, George C said:

We are also diamond plus 😁😁, staying in suites gets you to diamond plus quick ly.

Yeap.

And suite with the double points gets you there really quickly.  If the two cruises we have booked for next year happen, I will make D+ in 7 cruises.  6 suites and one solo.

• Like 1

May I jump in with a Diamond drink/voucher question please? First time using this system.  Are the four drinks loaded onto your seapass account each day or all at once? Do unused credits rollover? For instance, day 1 I only have 3 beverages. Would I be able to have 5 the next day? Thanks for any insight. 

13 minutes ago, Sashathailand said:

May I jump in with a Diamond drink/voucher question please? First time using this system.  Are the four drinks loaded onto your seapass account each day or all at once? Do unused credits rollover? For instance, day 1 I only have 3 beverages. Would I be able to have 5 the next day? Thanks for any insight. 

No rollover vouchers. You have that single day to use them. And they do all load at once, at some point overnight.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, SRF said:

Yeap.

And suite with the double points gets you there really quickly.  If the two cruises we have booked for next year happen, I will make D+ in 7 cruises.  6 suites and one solo.

And suites solo get you there even faster😇