Hitchhiker’s guide to cruising - Serenade Live

9 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

I agree, with less people on board, I think windjammer has been able to do a better job of maintaining quality.  I enjoyed meals there this past cruise, when normally it was just like a pit stop with kids.

Have you ever had dinner in the Windjammer? It is not like lunch that you might be used to. Though as it has become more popular for dinner it is loosing some of its quiet and relaxing atmosphere.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Have you ever had dinner in the Windjammer? It is not like lunch that you might be used to. Though as it has become more popular for dinner it is loosing some of its quiet and relaxing atmosphere.

I have. 

I will admit, I'm a big fan on the dining room dinners.  I still get super dressed up on formal nights.

So windjammer for dinner is a waste for me.  I like the pomp and circumstance.

BUT.... yes I have had dinner there and you're right it's a notch above lunch for sure.

I just felt on my recent cruise on Adventure, even lunch and breakfast  was much better than usual. (besides the bacon being cooked WAY TOO CRISPY) lol

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

I have. 

I will admit, I'm a big fan on the dining room dinners.  I still get super dressed up on formal nights.

BUT.... yes I have had dinner there and you're right it's a notch above lunch for sure.

I just felt on my recent cruise on Adventure, even lunch and breakfast  was much better than usual. (besides the bacon being cooked WAY TOO CRISPY) lol

It is good that there are people like the two of us. It keeps each venue from becoming overly crowded. And.... I don't like bacon too crispy either.😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pizza has been discovered. It is available in the evenings in Park Cafe. Sorry no pics I didn’t have my phone. I’ll do better tomorrow. 

To my shame I got my butt whipped in 80’s music trivia.  To much pop not enough rock and roll. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sounds like no one will get to enjoy dinner in the WJ any time soon. Not happy its closed. Personally I dont like dressing up so I do eat there. 

• Like 2

Just now, firefly333 said:

Sounds like no one will get to enjoy dinner in the WJ any time soon. Not happy its closed. Personally I dont like dressing up so I do eat there. 

Tonight is formal night. This is the most formal, formal night I have been on since 2017. Vast majority stepped it up tonight.  I was pleased.  

off to embarrass myself at karaoke. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Tonight is formal night. This is the most formal, formal night I have been on since 2017. Vast majority stepped it up tonight.  I was pleased.  

off to embarrass myself at karaoke. 

I recall you were going to go shopping for a tux.  Did you wear a tux last night?

Hope you had fun with karaoke!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I am pleased to hear this also. What a great way to celebrate cruising coming back to life.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

I have. 

There's no such thing as bacon too crispy 😁

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I recall you were going to go shopping for a tux.  Did you wear a tux last night?

Hope you had fun with karaoke!

Haha I knew somebody would remember that.  No I didn’t.  I didn’t end up buying one I had shopped for one a couple of times but didn’t purchase.  I just didn’t find one, in my size, that I liked the fit on that was off the rack and I didn’t want to pay the higher price for the custom order ones.  I’ll keep shopping.  I should have something by Liberty of the Seas in December.

That being said, I wore a black suite, white shirt and a gold patterned tie.    DW was resplendent as always.

The majority of people were dressed up. We’ll see if that trend continues on the second formal night.  

• Like 6

Karaoke was fun.  Some were good, some were bad but everybody had fun.  Sorry no video.  I went alone so had no one to record my humble offerings

Dinner is the main dining room last night was excellent.. Both DW and I had the Wedge salad, I had the beef tenderloin, she had the roast chicken. She gave the roast chicken a B.  I don’t want to sound to hyperbolic but the tenderloin was an A+.  It was the best meal I have ever eaten in the MDR.  It was exceptional.  

454BC457-2409-48A3-A031-775546633BB4.thumb.jpeg.1396a4f43b8214b9c4a691b9433544f8.jpeg

The first night I felt like service was just a little rushed.  Last night it was perfect. We have MTD but will have the same servers each night.  Just different times booked based on the days activities.  

Sitka Is on deck.  We’re not quite there yet.  It looks overcast but decent visibility so far and its not raining. We will get off the ship around ten and see what is available off the ship.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I should have something by Liberty of the Seas in December.

That being said, I wore a black suite, white shirt and a gold patterned tie.    DW was resplendent as always.

Lol clearly we wouldnt be wanting to eat together in dec. I dont have anything really dressy that fits.

We can meet for pizza lol. A tux in december .. oh my. You will knock our socks off. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I took a couple more pics for of the Windjammer for a certain Apoidean poster fixated on condemning Royals food

7C088843-3622-4C0E-A07D-078B17C769A4.jpeg

F5100C7B-CA83-4F22-9BDE-4836EB3FCD25.jpeg

74E8A0D7-8012-45AC-901D-E92D29D6CD57.jpeg

B05F82AE-0D00-4285-9862-4CFC480A020E.jpeg

Since there is so few people on board is the Windjammer food just set up on one side or are both sides open so people can keep their distance from each other? Just how are they working that at the present time?

If the one side is closed are they at least allowing people to sit on that side of the room?

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Since there is so few people on board is the Windjammer food just set up on one side or are both sides open so people can keep their distance from each other? Just how are they working that at the present time?

If the one side is closed are they at least allowing people to sit on that side of the room?

Both sides are open and seating throughout the Windjammer is available. Just some tables are marked as reserved to allow for social distancing. Other than that, and the reduced hours, it is a normal Windjammer experience. The food is just better. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Agree. Done dozens Cruises on Serenade,. Over last 3-4yrs Food Quality and Choices in WindJammer been better then what I got in Main Dinning lot of nites. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Karaoke was fun.  Some were good, some were bad but everybody had fun.  Sorry no video.  I went alone so had no one to record my humble offerings

Dinner is the main dining room last night was excellent.. Both DW and I had the Wedge salad, I had the beef tenderloin, she had the roast chicken. She gave the roast chicken a B.  I don’t want to sound to hyperbolic but the tenderloin was an A+.  It was the best meal I have ever eaten in the MDR.  It was exceptional.  

454BC457-2409-48A3-A031-775546633BB4.thumb.jpeg.1396a4f43b8214b9c4a691b9433544f8.jpeg

The first night I felt like service was just a little rushed.  Last night it was perfect. We have MTD but will have the same servers each night.  Just different times booked based on the days activities.  

Sitka Is on deck.  We’re not quite there yet.  It looks overcast but decent visibility so far and its not raining. We will get off the ship around ten and see what is available off the ship.

May I ask, are there any shared tables that you can tell in MDR or are all parties separate because of COVID?

3 minutes ago, Orome said:

May I ask, are there any shared tables that you can tell in MDR or are all parties separate because of COVID?

I wouldn't think there would be any shared tables except for the 10 toppers, with one couple at one end and another couple at the other end.............With so few people onboard with 2 seatings, every party should be at least 6 feet from another party.