Covid Test Information

31 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes rapid antigen test from CVS Minute clinic is just fine as of today.    You can get these at urgi care facilities too.    

How soon were you able to make the appt before your cruise? I have been looking and it seems like the appts here in South Florida only open up a couple days in advance of the cruise. This is only for the antigen tests. There are PCR appts several weeks out.

For those taking CVS COVID tests, have you taken the PCR test and gotten timely results (3 day window), or is the rapid test a necessity?  
Ive just scheduled the PCR test but having thoughts about needing a rapid test instead. 

15 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

How soon were you able to make the appt before your cruise? I have been looking and it seems like the appts here in South Florida only open up a couple days in advance of the cruise. This is only for the antigen tests. There are PCR appts several weeks out.

It seems to vary on location.    I have heard most people are able to get the PCR test scheduled 10 to 14 days in advance but the antigen test you go thru the Minute Clinic at CVS to have done and they seem to open up their appointments a week or less.

Do you have an urgi care near you?    See if they are doing antigen tests.   Most of them are walk ins, no appointment needed.

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Do you have an urgi care near you?    See if they are doing antigen tests.   Most of them are walk ins, no appointment needed.

I haven’t checked with urgent care places yet, but I will. Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HicksRA said:

For those taking CVS COVID tests, have you taken the PCR test and gotten timely results (3 day window), or is the rapid test a necessity?  
Ive just scheduled the PCR test but having thoughts about needing a rapid test instead. 

We did this back in June. Took it late on a Wednesday afternoon (to fly to St. Maarten on Saturday). My DH and I went to two different CVS’s. He had his results by 6:30 a.m. on Thursday morning. I got mine at 10:00 a.m. on Friday morning. I was a little worried that I wouldn’t receive it in time so I had an appointment for a rapid antigen test on Friday as well. I ended up canceling that when the PCR results came in. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HicksRA said:

It really depends on your location and how many tests are being done per day. 

In my area in test results for PCR are being done in 24 to 36 hours at most locations.    The stress of waiting for the results is the worse part so the less stressful way to go is the antigen test where you get results in 1 to 2 hours in most cases.   

• Thanks 1

I looked it up on CVS website for my location.  I would have to go out of state (Pennsylvania) to get this test.  I live in Delaware.  I know it's not far, but why doesn't CVS do it in my home state.

Edited by PTAngel

8 hours ago, HicksRA said:

I have done pcr at cvs and typically gets results within 48 hours. But none of those time I have time limit.

for my cruise, I am doing rapid pcr with alliance health 

8 hours ago, PTAngel said:

I looked it up on CVS website for my location.  I would have to go out of state (Pennsylvania) to get this test.  I live in Delaware.  I know it's not far, but why doesn't CVS do it in my home state.

Yes my daughters family in elkton maryland. Nothing there or Delaware so they had to go to Kennet Square,Pa for a test on Thursday. 
all done negative and ready to go Tommorrow on Odyssey 

16 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

The CVS site opens up test reservations on a10 day rolling schedule, and when we had our tests done on Thursday 8/19 (we booked ours on the 9th as soon as they were released), the nurse told us that people start booking them as soon as they open at midnight. I'd recommend checking their site frequently as you approach the 10-day window, and book as soon as your testing day opens up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EllieinNJ said:

Thanks.  I will need 2 covid tests, one in September and one in October for two different cruises.  Will insurance pay for the second test?

Yes it will. I've had 3 tests so far (with more on the way) and fully covered.