My.silversea.com and UK office phones not working

PG101

I've been trying to get through the office since yesterday, and the phones go unanswered or say they are out on a fire drill.  Likewise I've not been able to get my.silversea.com to work at all.   It just says the server is down.

Does anyone know if there is a problem with their office?  Is this something which has happened before?

19 minutes ago, eastwoodboy said:

Yes there are problems with MySilversea and phones. Expected to be resolved by tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, PG101 said:

Thanks - that's really good to know.  I'll try again tomorrow.

Barbara Muckermann just posted this on FB.....

Barbara.JPG.47e41285a35ecc6a197cac3dc1b3ec7e.JPG

• Thanks 2

1605 hrs.  Still trying to get through on the phone.  All day it has been a recorded message saying that that Corporate Offices are closes due to a fire drill.  Unable to get through on the direct line to a names Cruise Consultant and emails are not being answered.  Seems a bit of a problem - and I wanted to make a new booking! My Silversea not responding either.  Any further update on when things will be restored would be helpful,

1 hour ago, Tony & Trevor said:

1605 hrs.  Still trying to get through on the phone.  All day it has been a recorded message saying that that Corporate Offices are closes due to a fire drill.  Unable to get through on the direct line to a names Cruise Consultant and emails are not being answered.  Seems a bit of a problem - and I wanted to make a new booking! My Silversea not responding either.  Any further update on when things will be restored would be helpful,

They are still having problems, BM has posted on FB today to that effect. I wonder if it’s a ransomeware attack as IT issues can usually be fixed in 24 hours or less.

• Like 1

what is going on?  we have a first cruise with Silversea booked for mid September and i have been trying to reach someone..anyone for the last 4 days....i am seriously nervous we have made a big mistake....are there any updates?  thank you for any information....

50 minutes ago, bethyarb said:

what is going on?  we have a first cruise with Silversea booked for mid September and i have been trying to reach someone..anyone for the last 4 days....i am seriously nervous we have made a big mistake....are there any updates?  thank you for any information....

Mark Conroy posted earlier on FB that they hope to be up and running again by Monday.

Posts by Silversea officials on Facebook basically say their IT people are still in the process of checking each of their systems, and they don't intend to make a statement about this incident until they are done their review. That seems to indicate it was some sort of hack/attack/intrusion. It's possible they detected the intrusion early and quickly pulled the plug to prevent any damage or theft; it's possible they detected the intrusion and shut down, but are still trying to determine what data was compromised. Some systems started coming back online Saturday, but they have prioritized systems which affect the ships at sea first, then internal operations, and consumer-facing systems will be last.

• Like 1

We are going on Silversea Spirit 9/03 leaving on 9/02 for LHR.  Their systems have been down for days now.  They are supposed to meet us in Heathrow to take us to the ship.  Hopefully they still plan on it.  They are not very informative about what is going on other than it will soon be fixed but so far it hasn’t been.

We just tried the Uk office, and the good news is the message has changed - which is progress.

However, they are closed for the Bank Holiday so I will try again tomorrow.  (Posting this to save people the stress of trying!)

I’ve just tried contacting them through the social media channels, as they have requested.  They replied very quickly, but basically said they would get our consultant to call us when the systems were up and running.  I asked for a clarification on when that would be, and they said “the system should be back up and running with the next day or two”.

• Like 1

This was posted on the Ss FaceBook page a bit ago...

"Update on systems: we started relaunching systems during the week end. Ship services have been the priority and restoration practically complete since yesterday. Phones are ringing again and emails are restarting today, by tomorrow am all silversea emails should be up and running. Reservation system ramp up (including mysilversea) still in progress, will post another update as soon as completed! Thanks to all for your incredible support and patience and we profoundly apologise for the disservice caused this week
Barbara and the team"
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Lvshack said:

My travel agent has tried ringing silversea London office again this morning and there still having a fire drill🤔 also I can't get into mysilversea!!!!!not sure of any update as I don't use social media....

Nothing on FB either. According to BM phones were working yesterday as were emails, but that’s probably only in the US. So 8 days and counting and still no explanation.

1 hour ago, WesW said:

First page of Silversea's website now has Early Booking Bonus deadline extended until September 10th.

That in itself is good, but implies that they will not be fully back up before this Friday. Mark Conroy has confirmed on FB that they suffered a ‘malware’ attack but there is still nothing specific about what it was, how it was identified or how far it penetrated.

Edited by Silver Spectre

I, too, have just called the London office and there is the perpetual fire drill recording. I have no knowledge of the wifi system but wonder how it can be out for so  long. Hope Silversea are not cancelling October European cruises in light of the recent E.U. ban on U.S. travellers but that is being left to the individual countries to decide.  Imagine Spain, Portugal, Greece and Italy will stay open. Am keeping my fingers crossed for my October cruise.

• Like 1

What the Cruise Consultant here on the Muse has told me is that SS noticed the malware attack in it's very early stages and shut down all their systems. The implication is that not much, if any, data was compromised. They are now rebuilding them on a new server.

Don't ask me for more details, that's all I know.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

That in itself is good, but implies that they will not be fully back up before this Friday. Mark Conroy has confirmed on FB that they suffered a ‘malware’ attack but there is still nothing specific about what it was, how it was identified or how far it penetrated.

That's the only viable explanation as to why it's taken this long. It must take a very long time for SS to reinstall of its data and possibly its software programs from its backup systems. Let's now look for an statement regarding whether anything else needs to be done.

• Like 1

It is interesting that there is not a lot of discussion about this topic on the boards here.  The main discussion is going on over at Facebook.

I borrowed an account just to look at it (I don't do the socials).  At least Mark Conroy has now admitted that it is a malware attack.

I'm pretty concerned as to what of my personal information has been compromised.  No comments yet from SS on that topic.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wcc19 said:

It is interesting that there is not a lot of discussion about this topic on the boards here.

For curiosities sake, in what way do you find it interesting?

As someone who does the “socials”, I find the Silversea CruiseCritic forum a breath of fresh air from the histrionics and conspiracy theories that fail to provide any evidence which supports their conclusions.  

I imagine once actual information is provided about the malware attack the good people here will discuss it further at that time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What I don’t understand is why the phone in the London office cannot be fixed to remove the ‘fire drill’ message after 9 days, why there weren’t contingency plans to use RCI emails, phones etc that could have been up and running on Tuesday last week, why the external Web system provider couldn’t have had the SS front page changed in less than 24 hours instead of waiting 3 or 4 days and why their Disaster Recovery plan didn’t allow for basic systems to be restored within 12-24 hours.

We we’re doing most of this in the mid 80’s (ok not the Internet bits) but it’s not rocket science.

If I was COO I would be deeply embarrassed and concerned about my job.

• Like 1