2023 Cruise Schedule

guidance lady

On 9/9/2021 at 4:49 PM, jelayne said:

I willingly pay more for Celebrity, prefer the food, service, vibe and few children.

Our last cruise on Royal was 5 years ago during school season.  There were just under 700 kids most running up & down the halls, the promenade, around the pool and hitting the golf balls at mini golf in every direction except toward the hole.  We said  never again at any price.

I’m with you the fewer kids the better 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 5:16 PM, 4774Papa said:

Our Royal cruises have been two weeks or more and had few kids.  Also, we weren't on any of the huge mega ships.   We found the two lines to be more similar than different.

Dining was a little better on Celebrity.

Entertainment was more than a little better on Royal.

Ship design favored Celebrity, but not by much.

Cost wise Royal was cheaper.

Diamond happy hour was better than Elite happy hour.

Now that Celebrity pretty much demands going with Always Included, prices have zoomed up to be significantly higher than Royal.  Royal has not made that plunge yet.

Give em time, they will 

This thread is about 2023 TA's and it doesn't matter whether you sail Royal or Celebrity.  I have sailed Royal when I was younger and enjoyed it, but I made the "move" and am happy with Celebrity for many reasons.  It is just nice to be able to cruise again!  Whatever line you choose, remember that life is short and the world is calling!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

This thread is about 2023 TA's and it doesn't matter whether you sail Royal or Celebrity.  I have sailed Royal when I was younger and enjoyed it, but I made the "move" and am happy with Celebrity for many reasons.  It is just nice to be able to cruise again!  Whatever line you choose, remember that life is short and the world is calling!

By TA do you mean trans Atlantic? I thought this thread was about the 2023 Celebrity Cruise Schedule???

9 hours ago, zitsky said:

Any guess why X would make an entire ship guarantee?  I don't like it.  When do they tell you your cabin, anyway?

I suspect the entire ship goes to guarantee when they push it over to Simply Sail, which would probably be when it is nearly sold out or when it gets close to sailing and they want to push lower prices. Choosing the Simply Sail option seems to always be guarantee, even on sailings where AI is available and you can select your cabin.

Some on here have posted, as I recall, that they may not tell you your cabin until you board.

15 hours ago, HskrCrsr said:

Nevertheless, you can find such cruises with the price difference shown. Even long cruises as you have stated you prefer. Not every cruise, but some.

image.png.ed86ca5b8cac88635aabc1510d33aaf0.png

Not sure what cruise that is, but the difference is only $400 pp.   If this is a one week cruise, that is still too high.

Also, I don't like picking a guarantee cabin.  That can result in a terrible cabin.

We were on the Equinox Aug 27th sailing and purchased a future cruise while onboard. We are interested in a 2023 European cruise and the onboard cruise booking person told us the 2023 European schedule will be released in November. We have 90 days to book our future cruise and November falls into that time frame. 

BTW, we sailed in our first Retreat class and IMHO, Royal and HAL have nothing that compares to the service and amenities you get on Celebrity Retreat Class.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/9/2021 at 5:16 PM, 4774Papa said:

Dining was a little better on Celebrity. - Agree

Entertainment was more than a little better on Royal.- Agree but still enjoyable on Celebrity

Ship design favored Celebrity, but not by much. - Agree

Cost wise Royal was cheaper.- Depends on cabin category.  I find Royal's current pricing outrageous

Diamond happy hour was better than Elite happy hour.- Agree

Now that Celebrity pretty much demands going with Always Included, prices have zoomed up to be significantly higher than Royal.  Royal has not made that plunge yet. - Suites better value  & product on Celebrity.  

To the original question - On a recent sailing on the Edge, I was told new sailings for the remaining 2023 season through 2024 will be released anytime between November and January 2022.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

To the original question - On a recent sailing on the Edge, I was told new sailings for the remaining 2023 season through 2024 will be released anytime between November and January 2022.  

Thanks that's the time period they always release their itineraries the past years. I expect in October the opening schedule information will be available.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, RedOaks said:

I have been having issues with Cruise Critic (check Cookies settings), however; just booked a 2023 Cruise on Celebrity.  They have 2023 Transatlantics posted.

I'm waiting for a Patagonia 2023 cruise but I see some cruiselines have a Norwegian fjord cruise that could be interesting.

18 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I'm waiting for a Patagonia 2023 cruise but I see some cruiselines have a Norwegian fjord cruise that could be interesting.

We booked the 12 Night India, Sri Lanka, & Thailand (Dubai to Singapore) on the edge 13 November 2023.  

On 9/11/2021 at 3:56 PM, zitsky said:

Any guess why X would make an entire ship guarantee?  I don't like it.  When do they tell you your cabin, anyway?

I have booked and booked a number of cruises since the introduction of AI and have never seen a cruise the all categories are  guarantee cabins only.  What ship & sailing are you looking at.

59 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I have booked and booked a number of cruises since the introduction of AI and have never seen a cruise the all categories are  guarantee cabins only.  What ship & sailing are you looking at.

The cruise i looked at a month ago out of Barcelona Oct 2022 is NO LONGER a guarantee only cabin.  It was when I looked at it.  I do know the difference between a guarantee only and a regular cabin.

We booked today a Sky Suite on the 11th deck of the Apex going from Amsterdam, Spain, Portugal, Malta to Athens on Sept 14th 2023. Used our onboard booking cruise credit from our onboard booking on the Equinox in August. We will get an extra $350 OBC, which makes us happy.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We booked today a Sky Suite on the 11th deck of the Apex going from Amsterdam, Spain, Portugal, Malta to Athens on Sept 14th 2023. Used our onboard booking cruise credit from our onboard booking on the Equinox in August. We will get an extra $350 OBC, which makes us happy.

Wonderful itinerary!

3 minutes ago, RedOaks said:

Wonderful itinerary!

That is what we thought, only Malta is a port we have been to before. We do stop in Athens for one day next year on the Oosterdam,  so we can now spend a couple of post cruise days in Athens and see more.

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

There have been several glitches lately in X's system.

I was looking at itineraries several days ago and saw a Transatlantic on Beyond listed on Celebrity's website under Caribbean Cruises. I called my TA and when she tried to book a cabin for me she said all of the inventory on the ship was listed as “sold out”.

Yesterday the Beyond TA was back on the X website again. This time I called X and an agent confirmed that it was open for booking. Ten minutes later X removed that sailing from their website.

6 hours ago, terrydtx said:

On your booking confirmation does the code RETREAT show up?  If so, is this confirming the grats, premium drink package, OBC and internet package that the suites include?  Thank you.

8 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

There have been several glitches lately in X's system.

I was looking at itineraries several days ago and saw a Transatlantic on Beyond listed on Celebrity's website under Caribbean Cruises. I called my TA and when she tried to book a cabin for me she said all of the inventory on the ship was listed as “sold out”.

Yesterday the Beyond TA was back on the X website again. This time I called X and an agent confirmed that it was open for booking. Ten minutes later X removed that sailing from their website.

I  can't even find any TA's for fall 2023 !

In order to book Beyond, I had to call them and speak with someone who could find the cruise and book it for me, but it was worth it.  This was my third call today!  this was for April 23, 2023 TA!

Edited by Lastdance

8 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

In order to book Beyond, I had to call them and speak with someone who could find the cruise and book it for me, but it was worth it.  This was my third call today!  this was for April 23, 2023 TA!

See you on board!

• Like 1