Did we make a mistake?

PC Cruisin

3 hours ago, crzndeb said:

As others have said, food is subjective, and I am no foodie. I will say that RCI has mashed potatoes in their buffet and Carnival does not. Enough said 😂

Oh no, now I have to prefer carnival? I dont eat mushy food and certainly not mashed potatoes. I'll never get that hungry on a cruise. Also dont touch the hot cereal I've seen on rcl. Ugggh. 

Now you've done it .. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Carnival food is like Kraft Mac 'n Cheese, basic but filling.

RCI's food is like Kraft Mac 'n Cheese with sliced hot dog bits, served with Dijon ketchup.  mmm mmm 😋

Yum, yum. I do order the Mac 'n Cheese from the MDR kids menu a couple of times during a cruise. My wife calls it yellow death. 

I know food is subjective, but both my wife and I think the food on RCI is significantly better than the food on Carnival. When we cruised on Carnival frequently, we rarely ate at the Lido buffet  due to the poor quality of the food. On the other hand we frequently eat at the Windjammer when sailing on an RCI ship. 

5 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Personal opinion:

Ovation has no business cruising in Alaska. It's too large.

In addition, RCI doesn't go to Glacier Bay.

So, this would not be my first pick for a Alaskan cruise.

Our first Royal Caribbean cruise in 2007 was to Alaska and we visited Glacier Bay.  This must have changed in the last 14 years.  Sorry to hear that is the case?  

We have a B2B scheduled on Quantum next August/September. 

The food on Carnival is really what turns me off about sailing on them. They have Guys burgers, the rest is pretty bad (yep..pure opinion) compared to royal. Also prefer Royal's cabs by the glass, can usually get a better wine via the beverage package. This is just comparing the included venu's, not the specialty. Royal usually has escargot every night, on carnival I have only seen it on formal night (only done a few short sailings on Carnival though, thought I saw the Mardi Gras menu have it all nights).

15 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Personal opinion:

Ovation has no business cruising in Alaska. It's too large.

In addition, RCI doesn't go to Glacier Bay.

So, this would not be my first pick for a Alaskan cruise.

Princess would be my first pick for Alaska. Although I wouldn't mind soaking in the Adult Solarium or having a cocktail in Two70 with those views.