Can you bring "Sparkling Cider" onboard in place of wine?

bpphoto

Ahoy Mates,

Checking to see if it's possible to bring Sparkling Cider onboard in place of the two bottles of wine?

I have Adventure of the Seas out of Galveston Tx booked and want to bring my own cider.

How about Navigator of the Seas out of Port of San Pedro, Ca.?

Thanks,

BPPhoto

On 9/23/2021 at 5:18 AM, Iamcruzin said:

Does the sparkling cider have an alcohol content or is it the non alcoholic sparkling apple juice that my mother drinks on Thanksgiving?

Non Alcoholic "Sparkling Cider" we don't drink very often...

On 9/23/2021 at 1:01 AM, bpphoto said:

Ahoy Mates,

Checking to see if it's possible to bring Sparkling Cider onboard in place of the two bottles of wine?

I have Adventure of the Seas out of Galveston Tx booked and want to bring my own cider.

How about Navigator of the Seas out of Port of San Pedro, Ca.?

Thanks,

BPPhoto

If its homemade cider just make sure it is labeled and bottles are sealed. 

I have a friend who makes some delicious homemade wines and brought them onboard.   The security guy focused on the cork since it didnt have the foil seal that wines usually have but then he said ok.

On 9/23/2021 at 1:24 AM, JamesEM said:

The security people are usually to busy to inspect the labels.

That varies.  We had them check our bottles in Baltimore one time.  They pulled them out and read the labels.  Other times, they've just looked inside the bag.  We don't bother carrying on anymore.  As D+ with 343 pts now we can get two free bottles during the cruise.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BND said:

That varies.  We had them check our bottles in Baltimore one time.  They pulled them out and read the labels.  Other times, they've just looked inside the bag.  We don't bother carrying on anymore.  As D+ with 343 pts now we can get two free bottles during the cruise.  

IME, they are weird in Baltimore.

Every Port Security varies.  Port Canaveral last week never looked  inside at my wine and coke.  Tampa seems to look at everything.  Port Everglades sometimes does sometimes doesn't.  As long as the cider looks like a 750ml bottle, I don't think they really care. 

Tell them before it goes through the scanner - 'I've got two bottles of wine in there'.  That might help.  Now if you have a power strip or iron or ulu knife in there - go straight to the naughty room.