Elite Benefit

MLP12

We will be sailing on the Equinox as Elite members.  Where is the Captain's Club Lounge located on the ship?   We have been Diamond on Royal, but aren't familiar with Celebrity benefits.  Is the lounge open for early breakfast?  Can you go in anytime for coffee, tea, etc.?  Is there a dress code for evening?  Any information would be appreciated.

Celebrity does not have an exclusive lounge for CC members.    I believe they load drinks onto your card that can be used at any bar during certain hours.  

They do use Tuscan Grille for the CC Breakfast.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You won’t find a dedicated lounge, the equivalent of the royal Caribbean diamond lounge, on Celebrity.

The elite breakfast will be served from 8 to 10 AM in the Tuscan Grill. Cold food only, no cooked breakfast, pastries, fruit, yogurt, cold meats and cheeses

• Like 1

Between 5pm - 7pm you can get a unlimited # of drinks from the Captains Club drink menu.  These drinks are available at bars, except the World Class Bar.  

You will also be eligible for 1 bag of wash and fold laundry at no charge.   You will find a letter and list of all the Captains Club benefits and events ( time and location) in your stateroom when you board the ship.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

The elite breakfast will be served from 8 to 10 AM in the Tuscan Grill. Cold food only, no cooked breakfast, pastries, fruit, yogurt, cold meats and cheeses

Our favourite is the Ultimate platter, which we shared, although you can order a fruit platter or cheese platter.

510EA0E0-7560-4EBC-8294-BCF8CB5781F4.thumb.jpeg.e45999284414aa2cf595791288eb42f1.jpeg

• Like 2

On 10/5/2021 at 11:18 AM, jelayne said:

Between 5pm - 7pm you can get a unlimited # of drinks from the Captains Club drink menu.  These drinks are available at bars, except the World Class Bar.  

You will also be eligible for 1 bag of wash and fold laundry at no charge.   You will find a letter and list of all the Captains Club benefits and events ( time and location) in your stateroom when you board the ship.

What does that drink menu look like? My husband likes mudslides or banana daiquiris. I am trying to figure out if we need to upgrade to the premium drink package. (also like the speciality coffees - lattes, etc)

Thanks

Classic Drinks includes lattes etc. Before upgrading to the premium consider how many drinks you will have that are not on the classic. You only pay the difference on a drink not the full amount. If it's just the odd drink far cheaper the extra dollar or so as you go.

I was also Diamond on Royal when I came to cruise on Celebrity.  I enjoy the Elite perks when on X and The D+ when on Royal.  A little different but both good.  I felt like I was getting something for nothing because of the shared loyalty program but now I am on the verge of earning Elite + (with earned points) on Celebrity so it was a good business decision.  It is nice to experience the differences between the two cruise lines.  I like the free photo and hot appetizers during happy hour on Royal and I like the Elite Breakfast and the Rose bud on Celebrity.  You will have a discovery adventure.

9 hours ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

I was also Diamond on Royal when I came to cruise on Celebrity.  I enjoy the Elite perks when on X and The D+ when on Royal.  A little different but both good.  I felt like I was getting something for nothing because of the shared loyalty program but now I am on the verge of earning Elite + (with earned points) on Celebrity so it was a good business decision.  It is nice to experience the differences between the two cruise lines.  I like the free photo and hot appetizers during happy hour on Royal and I like the Elite Breakfast and the Rose bud on Celebrity.  You will have a discovery adventure.

I'm sure there are pros and cons to both Celebrity and Royal.  Looking forward to  having a new adventure!

7 hours ago, MLP12 said:

I'm sure there are pros and cons to both Celebrity and Royal.  Looking forward to  having a new adventure!

We see Royal as a great venue for action, adventure and entertainment and Celebrity as a wonderful venue for rest, relaxation and great food…

• Like 5

21 hours ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

Ship traveler:  what is the Rose bud?  We might have missed this.

On 10/8/2021 at 8:33 PM, CWHF said:

What does that drink menu look like? My husband likes mudslides or banana daiquiris. I am trying to figure out if we need to upgrade to the premium drink package. (also like the speciality coffees - lattes, etc)

Thanks

Mudslides & banana daiquiris are on the classic menu, as are all drinks at Cafe AlBacio (without alcohol). The Captains club drinks (none blended or frozen) are very standard, (no top shelf)Kir Royale, apple martini, cosmo, mimosa, bourbon, rum, vodka with mixers. If you have the classic menu you can order from that in the Captains Club event. The Captsins Club breakfast also includes mimosas, bloody Mary’s, Bellinis, lattes & cappuccino. The continental breakfast is nice & views from Tuscan Grille cannot be beaten

Edited by awhfy

1 hour ago, bloomcruisers said:

We are looking at booking a simply sail rate which would not include the drink package. As I understand it, elites get unlimited CC menu drinks at any bar between 5-7. Does that include wine in the MDR if we eat early seating? Or if not, can we carry a glass in from a bar? 

Good choice provided you are happy with a "guarantee" cabin.

The rosebud sounds like a nice touch. I do not remember it, but now I will be waiting for it to arrive.   We have been on 7 cruises in Aquaclass, and have never met the Spa Concierge.  I don’t think of it to inquire while on the cruise, but always wonder what I missed when see the term here on CC.   🤷🏼‍♀️
Thank you for the explanation.

17 hours ago, MLP12 said:

We used to sail exclusively with Celebrity. However yesterday we stepped off Anthem Of The Seas. Normally busy mega ships wouldn't be for us but she only had 1800 passengers onboard due to covid restrictions, so due to her large size she seemed really quiet! 

There are pros and cons but these days there are many similarities. The Anthem MDR service matched anything we'd ever had in Blu and Luminae (Excluding the Celebrity sommelier aspect obviously) before which was an unexpected but pleasant surprise! And the food and service in the Windjammer easily beat that in the Ocean Cafe.

I'd love to know how the service stacks up when she's at full passenger capacity though! We all enjoyed the change of scenery.  I'm sure you'll feel the same on Celebrity. Have a great cruise. :) 

Edited by Moby Jones