Infants sailing on a cruise must be at least 6 months old

Infants sailing on a cruise must be at least 6 months old.

Are there any exceptions to this rule?  We booked (Booking Date: March 15, 2021) a birthday cruise for November 2022, and now my daughter-in-law is pregnant.  Fantastic, until I realized there may be age restrictions.

It's going to very, very close.  Of course they might want to cancel just because of the hassle of caring for a newborn on a 7 day cruise.

The age requirement is based on the first day of cruise departure.

Agree, RCI is very strict and will NOT accept guests who will enter their 24th

week of pregnancy by the end of the cruise.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

Did you even read what she was asking?

Of course I DID !! I was offering some additional information to post #3...that might apply to another poster reading this thread.

Thanks for taking the time to respond :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 6

On an unrelated twist on traveling with an infant (nothing to do with the OP''s question), there was a family who showed up for their cruise with the mom, dad, older child, baby less than a year old and the grandmother.  Everyone had passports, but the baby wasn't on the manifest.  For whatever reason, the family didn't register the baby (and would not have paid for the baby).  The parents referenced airlines allowing 'babes in arms' on flights (although those babies are still on the plane's manifest). 

Long story short, since the baby wasn't on the manifest, baby was denied boarding.  The grandmother ended up taking the baby home, and missing the cruise herself, and allowing the mom, dad and older child to take the cruise.

As I said, this true story has nothing to do with the OP, but it just shows what happens when folks don't check.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

On an unrelated twist on traveling with an infant (nothing to do with the OP''s question), there was a family who showed up for their cruise with the mom, dad, older child, baby less than a year old and the grandmother.  Everyone had passports, but the baby wasn't on the manifest.  For whatever reason, the family didn't register the baby (and would not have paid for the baby).  The parents referenced airlines allowing 'babes in arms' on flights (although those babies are still on the plane's manifest). 

Long story short, since the baby wasn't on the manifest, baby was denied boarding.  The grandmother ended up taking the baby home, and missing the cruise herself, and allowing the mom, dad and older child to take the cruise.

As I said, this true story has nothing to do with the OP, but it just shows what happens when folks don't check.

Seriously?  HA!  I would love to know when this  happened, where, and which ship?

The age restrictions are set in stone.  We took a cruise with son, daughter in law, new baby just over 6 months old, husband and I.  We were on Holland and would do it all over again regardless of cruise line.  We always had someone wanting to help, crew trying to make baby smile, laugh, etc.  Ours was a Mexican cruise and every excursion we went on the guides were giving little granddaughter gifts because it was her first cruise.  It was a fun time.  If age is good I hope they think about going.  

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yes, Was also our first Balcony

Balcony Club means the activity to create the child actually occurred on the balcony. The activity does not need to lead to the birth of a child, the balcony Club refers to the activity itself. Sort of like the Mile High Club

Edited by MommaBear55
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Plus, if there are more than 3 sea days in a row, the minimum age is 12 months. 

Three or more

INFANT POLICY
Infants sailing on a cruise must be at least 6 months old as of the first day of the cruise and/or CruiseTour. HOWEVER: For transatlantic, transpacific, Hawaii, select South American and other selected cruises and/or CruiseTours, the infant must be at least 12 months old as of the first day of the cruise/CruiseTour. For the purposes of this policy, any cruise that has 3 or more days consecutive at sea will require infants to be 12 months old on the first day of the cruise/CruiseTour.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

Balcony Club means the activity to create the child actually occurred on the balcony. The activity does not need to lead to the birth of a child, the balcony Club refers to the activity itself. Sort of like the Mile High Club

Was playing for Keeps, both happened there. Though I never said had to be to Join the Club, a Poster asked. Being in US ARMY for 26yrs with many Deployments 6-24Months. When a Doctor even after looking at my Wife's Ultrasound said Child is Due 2wk of Nov I'd have to correct him saying No, Mid-Jan. I was right, my Daughter was born Jan 17th...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Was playing for Keeps, both happened there. Though I never said had to be to Join the Club, a Poster asked. Being in US ARMY for 26yrs with many Deployments 6-24Months. When a Doctor even after looking at my Wife's Ultrasound said Child is Due 2wk of Nov I'd have to correct him saying No, Mid-Jan. I was right, my Daughter was born Jan 17th...

Good for you all! Thanks for your service, including your family who kept it going at home. Glad you have such an amazing memory of your cruise. I usually end up with a t shirt or jewelry

• Like 2
  • Haha 1