Options for Covid test pre=cruise

Nebr.cruiser

On 11/27/2021 at 2:29 PM, EMS8 said:

Phoenix_dream,

what terminal did you arrive in and if it wasn’t terminal 3, how did you get to terminal 3?

You can enter terminal 3 from the front outside upper or lower levels. If you are coming from another terminal, exit that terminal and use sidewalks to go to terminal 3.

On 11/9/2021 at 12:03 PM, DCPIV said:

I highly advise getting the eMed (proctored) tests to take at home either as your primary choice or backup.  They are very easy to do.

You can order packs of 2 or 3 at https://store.optum.com/celebrity-cruises/ or you can order a 6-pack from emed.com

Since the tests are sold in 2 packs can you plan to buy 1 kit for both people in the cabin to use? I just went through the questioning on Optum website and to me it implies it's 1 kit per person.  Thoughts? Experiences??  Thanks

6 minutes ago, Cruisegoer said:

Since the tests are sold in 2 packs can you plan to buy 1 kit for both people in the cabin to use? I just went through the questioning on Optum website and to me it implies it's 1 kit per person.  Thoughts? Experiences??  

Yes, you can only use one test once. If all goes off without a hitch the 2-pack (2 individual test kits sold together) will work. However, getting the 3- pack gives you a bit of cheap insurance should something go wrong with one of the tests (not likely, but it does happen).

1 minute ago, DCPIV said:

Yes, you can only use one test once. If all goes off without a hitch the 2-pack (2 individual test kits sold together) will work. However, getting the 3- pack gives you a bit of cheap insurance should something go wrong with one of the tests (not likely, but it does happen).

Yes I know a single test is one use, as I answered questions on their site, what I was reading seemed directed only to myself (for approval of purchase type) so I was unsure if its sold in 2 counts so they are then ultimately selling you a backup test meaning a second person would need to purchase their own so they also have a backup ready.

8 minutes ago, Cruisegoer said:

Yes I know a single test is one use, as I answered questions on their site, what I was reading seemed directed only to myself (for approval of purchase type) so I was unsure if its sold in 2 counts so they are then ultimately selling you a backup test meaning a second person would need to purchase their own so they also have a backup ready.

You get two (or three), individual tests, each with its own QR code. 

It seems that the CDC is reacting to the perceived threat of Omicron variant by seriously considering a time shift in pre-testing for International travel to the US from the current 3-days to 1 day.  Not much time.  This will definitely impact cruising if this happens.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2021/11/30/cdc-omicron-tighten-covid-testing-window-international-travel/8815050002/

Just letting folks know that we used Fast Test Now in Fort Lauderdale (it’s actually in Wilton Manors) and it was quite simple. Had an appt but they even took us early.  We received our rapid antigen test results by email in about 15 minutes as promised.  But you need a car to get there, and know that it’s behind the Cricket Wireless. 😊

• Thanks 1

On 11/30/2021 at 1:07 PM, EMS8 said:

Thanks royalcruz.  We normally fly Delta and usually arrive in Terminal 2 I believe.  How far is the walk from Terminal 1 or 2?  It looks as if the shuttles aren’t running? 

We just did it from Terminal 1. I would say 2-3 city blocks.  It's at the closest entrance to Terminal 3. As a fairly active 70 year old, I had no issues doing it.

Went to Rapid Med facility at a CVS near our home this morning for our scheduled appoointmment.  No one in line, took both of us at the same time.  Took the test while the lady watched us.  Left and had our results within 20 minutes of taking the test.  Both of us are Negative so we have everything documentation wise we need to board the ship Saturday. 

• Like 2

On 11/9/2021 at 1:03 PM, DCPIV said:

I highly advise getting the eMed (proctored) tests to take at home either as your primary choice or backup.  They are very easy to do.

You can order packs of 2 or 3 at https://store.optum.com/celebrity-cruises/ or you can order a 6-pack from emed.com

I have ordered tests from the Optum store, and I will be picking them up from our daughter in FL 10 days prior to our cruise (our mailing address is in the US Virgin Islands & they will not ship here).

I don't want my daughter to unnecessarily open any of the packaging upon receipt in case it voids the validity ("tampering") of the test package...and I would like to get our proctoring appointments set as soon as possible to ensure they are at a convenient time of day.

Could someone please share how I go about scheduling the proctoring appointment? And how far in advance can the proctoring appointment be scheduled? Are these instructions easily accessible inside the shipping package (without opening the test kit)?

I tried going to the "appointment" drop down menu on the Optum Store website, but the "virtual care" appointments were only available for today & tomorrow...and all included a fee. I understand the test kit fee to include the cost of the proctoring appointment, so I assume there are different instructions for setting the appointment included with the test kit. And I'm hopeful I can set an appointment more than one day in advance...

Thank you!

1 hour ago, PAGA said:

Could someone please share how I go about scheduling the proctoring appointment? And how far in advance can the proctoring appointment be scheduled? Are these instructions easily accessible inside the shipping package (without opening the test kit)?

You don't schedule an appointment. When you're ready to test, go to eMed.com and login. There are no instructions inside the kit; the proctors will tell you what you need to do when you need to know it.

Just now, Honolulu Blue said:

You don't schedule an appointment. When you're ready to test, go to eMed.com and login. There are no instructions inside the kit; the proctors will tell you what you need to do when you need to know it.

Looking at earlier posts, folks were saying you need to use the NAVICA app?? Is that inaccurate or maybe a recent change?

1 hour ago, PAGA said:

Looking at earlier posts, folks were saying you need to use the NAVICA app?? Is that inaccurate or maybe a recent change?

If you will be using a mobile device for the test, you download and install the Navica app onto that device. If you will be using a laptop, you go to the emed.com website.

Thanks Phoenix,

Did you pull luggage for those 2-3 blocks?

5 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

We just did it from Terminal 1. I would say 2-3 city blocks.  It's at the closest entrance to Terminal 3. As a fairly active 70 year old, I had no issues doing it.

We (nervously) successfully completed the Optum tests with the emed site, with a laptop. If you have a laptop with a camera, I recommend that.  I think phone would have been quite difficult.

Once you login with your Navica credentials it’s fairly smooth. First person guides you through the test, you’re then left alone for 15 minutes (while you wait, you can see the neg result develop, if you’re neg).

Second person then comes on, looks at the result and then tells you (hopefully) you’re neg.

Then log off and log back in for 2d person (there may be a way for both people to be on the same Navica account, but we didn’t try that).

We got our results emailed and in the app within 5 minutes. Easy to save (including as a pdf) and print if you want paper backup.

I found it helpful for the other person to manipulate the laptop to get all the right things in view of the “guides” (if you don’t have an external camera on your laptop which would make it easier).  Not necessary for those less spatially challenged :).

We bought the 3-pack; didn’t need the 3d; well worth it in my view.    

• Like 2

On 11/29/2021 at 12:57 PM, Jess_Leigh said:

I like to never found information. The banner link just takes you to the page to make an appointment. Finally, in all of the protocols and advisories, I found A LOT of information along with some FAQ. Hope this helps somebody out! Below is a link.

https://www.broward.org/airport/passengers/flights/advisories/pages/default.aspx

Thank you this helps!

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 9:12 PM, RichYak said:

Did you miss this part?

• The test must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth representative.

I wonder, as I am a RN and administer the test to others can I proctor my own test? If not can it be another RN or does it have to be their rep.?

16 hours ago, natanya13 said:

I wonder, as I am a RN and administer the test to others can I proctor my own test? If not can it be another RN or does it have to be their rep.?

If you are referring to the Optum test kit you get through X, it has to be through their system in order to get the official email results. they have to monitor you doing it, see the result and then the test results are emailed to you to show X. 

den

5 hours ago, Denny01 said:

If you are referring to the Optum test kit you get through X, it has to be through their system in order to get the official email results. they have to monitor you doing it, see the result and then the test results are emailed to you to show X. 

den

Exactly.  And even if not, it would not matter.  No way would they allow that. Even us non-medical folks can stick a swab from our noses into the solution and see what color it turns. The key is another person reviewing it, and not one related to you. They just state medical professionals so there is some certified control over the process.

Does anyone know how there handling cruises that are leaving from Barcelona. We sail in October and two days prior to departure we will already be there. Is there a place to go or do we have to order the kits from Celebrity and hope the hotel has good Wifi.

34 minutes ago, IZZYDAD said:

Does anyone know how there handling cruises that are leaving from Barcelona. We sail in October and two days prior to departure we will already be there. Is there a place to go or do we have to order the kits from Celebrity and hope the hotel has good Wifi.

I guarantee the procedure will be different in October.

I ordered a 3-pack of the Abbot home test kits from Optum Friday afternoon (4 December). I received the delivery this morning, 6 Dec. Very speedy!

The box includes an info card from Celebrity. Last line: "In the event of a positive test, please call Celebrity Cruises at such-and-such number so that we can make other arrangements for your vacation." Hopefully will not be needed, but nice to have that information close at hand.

Stan

Just got two Abbott Binax card tests from my county library for free - a wonderful perk if you live anywhere in Ohio, not just in Greene County?  Not sure but Ohio residents should check.  Was worried about November exp. date, but a call to My Abbott help reassured me that those lots do not expire til the first week in February.  Phew!