Options for Covid test pre=cruise

Nebr.cruiser

2 hours ago, Stockjock said:

We have a cruise scheduled on a Thursday.  We have the rapid antigen tests scheduled on a Tuesday.  Pretty sure this will work out okay, but let me know if you have reason to believe that this could present any issues.

For a cruise leaving on a Thursday, you may get tested as early as Tuesday, so you should be fine. I assume you have been promised the results within a certain period of time. 

Was there another issue you were concerned about? 

2 hours ago, Stockjock said:

We have a cruise scheduled on a Thursday.  We have the rapid antigen tests scheduled on a Tuesday.  Pretty sure this will work out okay, but let me know if you have reason to believe that this could present any issues.

And what is your backup plan?

1 hour ago, daddcap said:

Is there any difference buying the 3 pack from Optum for $99 or the EMED 6 pack (Abbott's BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag) for $150?

The $99 price for 3 includes next-day air shipping, does the $150 for 3 include shipping?

Edited by Ipeeinthepools

5 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

The $99 price for 3 includes next-day air shipping, does the $150 for 3 include shipping?

Shipping for an eMed order is separate and quoted me about $35.  I didn't write it down.  Sorry!  The price through Celebrity/Optum includes overnight shipping so there isn't much difference in price.  I ordered through Celebrity's link.  If anything goes wrong, I want to be able to say to Celebrity "I ordered these through your link."  I don't expect any issues but always like to be "prepared."

On 12/17/2021 at 5:12 PM, econprofessor said:

Sorry, that should have read BinaxNOW.

Did you get an answer to this question?  Either one is acceptable but not many Walgreens offer the BinaxNOW.  All of them offer the IDNow and those are the tests we've taken for our past two Celebrity cruises.

On 12/17/2021 at 9:58 PM, RichYak said:

Actually, what you said was...

...which is incorrect. You can buy them from Emed, Optum or get them from a library in Ohio or other states that offer them.

RichYak is correct.  The tests you buy through Celebrity's website are purchased through and shipped by Optum and proctored by eMed. 

4 hours ago, Host Anne said:

Shipping for an eMed order is separate and quoted me about $35.  I didn't write it down.  Sorry!  The price through Celebrity/Optum includes overnight shipping so there isn't much difference in price.  I ordered through Celebrity's link.  If anything goes wrong, I want to be able to say to Celebrity "I ordered these through your link."  I don't expect any issues but always like to be "prepared."

The eMed 6 pack I ordered for my Son in Oklahoma cost ~ $14 for overnight shipping. My 6 pack to CT was about $17 shipping plus CT’s ridiculous sales tax

The Optum 2 packs that I ordered a few weeks ago were just the $69.99 plus CT sales tax, but they did take an extra couple of days to arrive.

Edited by JaneStarr
To add Optum info

My apologies for asking something that has been answered elsewhere.  I will be taking the Abbott Binax test that is proctored by a person online.  The results go into a Navica app on both my iPhone and iPad.  Is that what I show when I check in at the pier?  Or do you send something to Celebrity ahead of time, like you do with your vaccination card?

3 hours ago, msteries said:

My apologies for asking something that has been answered elsewhere.  I will be taking the Abbott Binax test that is proctored by a person online.  The results go into a Navica app on both my iPhone and iPad.  Is that what I show when I check in at the pier?  Or do you send something to Celebrity ahead of time, like you do with your vaccination card?

You can print out the results or show the results on the app. You don't send anything.

• Like 2

A member on my roll call just posted this information that she received from Lab Doc+tor in Ft. Lauderdale.  It has their holiday hours below.  Sorry if this has previously been posted.

🎄 ☃️🎄 ☃️🎄 ☃️🎄 ☃️🎄 ☃️🎄 ☃️🎄 ☃️
Please note our updated holiday schedule:
FRIDAY DEC 24TH We will be open 8AM-4PM
SATURDAY DEC 25 We expect to be closed, but we may be available on emergency needs only - PLEASE CALL A DAY BEFORE.
SUNDAY DEC 26 We will be open 8AM-4PM
FRIDAY DEC 31ST We will be open 8AM-4PM
SATURDAY JAN 1ST We expect to be closed, but we may be available on emergency needs only - PLEASE CALL A DAY BEFORE.
SUNDAY JAN 2ND We will be open 8AM-4PM
🎄 ☃️🎄 ☃️🎄 ☃️🎄 ☃️🎄 ☃️🎄 ☃️🎄 ☃️

Thank you, 
Yvonna 
Office Manager
LAB DOC+OR

www.LabDoctor.Org

1425-A SE 17th Street, 
Fort Lauderdale, Fl 33316
Phone: 954-530-4447
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My wife and I have a March 13th cruise out of Fort Lauderdale.  We are flying into Fort Lauderdale on Thursday for a Sunday sailing.  So, we need to be tested in Fort Lauderdale.  I have been calling around, and up until yesterday, everyone I called said to just come on in, no problem.  Many said you do not even need an appointment.

I called many of those same establishments today, and received a completely different answer.  They all stated now that March is still a ways off, but there may be shortages of tests in the future and they can no longer guarantee that they can perform the tests in March.

So, this is a BIG deal for cruisers.  I guess I should start looking into the tests I can do from my hotel room.  

Anyone else getting nervous about the testing requirement for January, February or March cruises?

• Like 1

Odd eMed shipping Issue.

I just went to order a 6-Pack from eMed.com and got to the order shipping page and I got back the following:

We are sorry but there are no options available for shipping near the address provided.

Why this is so odd is I live in in a major city suburb ( Fort Worth, Texas), USPS & FEDEX & UPS drive by constantly, AND I have ordered, and had delivered, an eMed 6-Pack to this same address previously.

I have to think it has to do with a major availability influx of orders and/or the Christmas shipping overload. We are not cruising till late January (My current back-up tests expire mid January), but will try again after the Christmas rush.

6 hours ago, cbfb said:

We are sailing 1/3 and I am wondering if there has been a long wait time for the proctor for the emed tests since testing has been so busy. 

My son used emed to proctor his optum store purchased BinaxNow AG test on Tuesday of this week around 4pm Eastern time…he was connected to a proctor immediately and received his result in the NAVICA app within 20 mins of ending video proctoring session. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RGEDad said:

Odd eMed shipping Issue.

I just went to order a 6-Pack from eMed.com and got to the order shipping page and I got back the following:

We are sorry but there are no options available for shipping near the address provided.

Shipping Issue Resolved

Just Went back into the eMed.com site and tried to re-order - and this time the order went through without issue. 

$150 for the product, $32 to the fine overworked FedEx folks for overnight (no other shipping option) and $12 to the Great State of Texas.

So all set for my next three cruises...

Now if i can just figure out how to get the Omicron beast off my back...

6 hours ago, cbfb said:

We are sailing 1/3 and I am wondering if there has been a long wait time for the proctor for the emed tests since testing has been so busy.

My experience has been under 15 minutes for my three tests. I know there have been reports of hours waiting - but not my experience. I suspect that with the growth of travel the waits for proctor viewing may extend out.

I suspect that the increased testing due to Omicron will not impact the proctored tests all that much as people will tend to use the proctored test for cruising and international travel and not just checking if they have the bug.