All four Azamara ships in Koper on the same day

Medeba

I have just been doing some research for my Azamara cruises for next year and saw that all four ships are scheduled to be in Koper, Slovenia on 8 October 2022.  Will this be a first?  If not, it will still be great to see them all in port together.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Medeba said:

Wouldn't that be great if Azamara arranged a party?  Best shorex? 😂

My recollection was there was a "Sisters Meet" event last year with Pursuit, Journey and Quest with a joint Azamazing Evening planned in Slovenia IIRC. But of course the pandemic put pay to that. So now they can do four and welcome Onward to the fleet. 😎

Phil 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

My recollection was there was a "Sisters Meet" event last year with Pursuit, Journey and Quest with a joint Azamazing Evening planned in Slovenia IIRC. But of course the pandemic put pay to that. So now they can do four and welcome Onward to the fleet. 😎

Phil 

That’s correct. The three sisters meet last year was cancelled. The Azamazing evening was a choir concert on the Tito Square in Koper. Maybe they will copy those plans for the 2022 four sisters meet. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, CynthiaP said:

Whoo hooo! We're on the Pursuit sailing out of Barcelona that is in Koper on October 8! Is that a special date for Azamara that they would schedule all 4 ships to be there at the same time?

We will be joining you on the Pursuit! Very exciting!

On 11/11/2021 at 11:50 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

On 11/11/2021 at 7:24 PM, oddjob16 said:

That’s correct. The three sisters meet last year was cancelled. The Azamazing evening was a choir concert on the Tito Square in Koper. Maybe they will copy those plans for the 2022 four sisters meet. 

Here is the link which details the plans for 8 October 2020.  Hopefully something similar will be organised for next year.

https://www.azamara.co.uk/10-years-further

On 11/10/2021 at 3:54 PM, Medeba said:

I have just been doing some research for my Azamara cruises for next year and saw that all four ships are scheduled to be in Koper, Slovenia on 8 October 2022.  Will this be a first?  If not, it will still be great to see them all in port together.

That won’t happen very often.

15 hours ago, caymancouple said:

Oh, wow.... we are on the Journey.  Sounds Exciting....or should I say Azamazing......

Hi.  Why don't you come and join us on the roll call opened by Host Jazzbeau?  The more the merrier!

• 1 month later...
On 11/14/2021 at 8:40 AM, Medeba said:

Here is the link which details the plans for 8 October 2020.  Hopefully something similar will be organised for next year.

https://www.azamara.co.uk/10-years-further

Thanks for the link.  Journey will be in port until 11 pm, so maybe they will do this for us!  Exciting!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Has anyone heard any news about the hoped-for party?  The shore excursions for Journey show a Destination Celebration event in the evening we're in Dubrovnik, but no evening events for Koper.

One of the best Azamara Evenings we have experienced was a 2019 performance by an “acapella” group in Koper.

However, with 4 ships involved there would clearly be some serious logistical issues.

As there would be for any event.

1 hour ago, nordski said:

One of the best Azamara Evenings we have experienced was a 2019 performance by an “acapella” group in Koper.

However, with 4 ships involved there would clearly be some serious logistical issues.

As there would be for any event.

They  had something planned last year for 3 ships, so they should be able to reschedule that for 4.  But no announcement...

8 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

They  had something planned last year for 3 ships, so they should be able to reschedule that for 4.  But no announcement...

Too early for an announcement in my view.  A lot is still not certain, just be content that the event will be marked in some way for now. 

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Just wondering if there are any more details of a possible event?  All four ships are there from 8am until 11pm which sounds like a plan for an Azamazing evening or an event of some sort leaving that late.  Fingers crossed as I've just booked Quest from Ravenna, having got off Journey there the day before.  I've done a couple of tandem sailouts, but this will be quite special and after the covid delay. Let's hope it's not scuppered again 

Phil

• Like 3