Medallions Stuck in New York

kitty2264

1 hour ago, Potstech said:

As it is one of the larger cruise lines in the world it is not a small one either.  It has thousands of employees so what would you classify it as?

As far as how much they ship through the USPS, small potatoes, actually make that very small potatoes.

50 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

I don't want this to sound snarky but, I would classify this as small business. Hundreds of thousands of employees worldwide are what I would classify as large company. JMHO

Carnival Corporation has 150,000 employees worldwide.

4 hours ago, kiwimum said:

Received notification from USPS our medallions arrived in Carson, California last night.   Will take them 4 days to deliver In San Diego.

Sounds about right.  A friend of mine sent me a check via USPS from the San Diego Area.  A few days later, it should up on my informed delivery that I would be getting it the next day.  It took 3 months to find its way 90 miles.  Not only did she pay first class postage, but now had to pay an addition amount for a stop payment since it was NOT lost.  

This speaks loud and clear that USPS needs some reforming.  

• Like 2

Remember that it is likely a third party that manufactures, enables, and engraves the medallions.  There is no rhyme or reason for my medallion to arrive a week later they wife’s.   We don’t share a name, but mine starts with N and she P and we have the same color medallions 

Our update is the shipment has departed Los Angeles today at 10:36 am Pacific time.  No way it will make it to Columbia SC by Monday.  We drive to FLL on Tuesday to board the Regal on November 24th.  This shipment is our Medallions for the Enchanted on November 30th.  My daughter probably will overnight them to our hotel in FLL.  One of the items in the package is a wrist band for the Medallion.  Or we can just get new Medallion on board and buy another wrist band. Shipment supposedly held up in NY since the 11th?  Oh well, we will just be happy to cruise.

3 hours ago, Potstech said:

So they should pay for the service and not get a product to a customer.  You would be happy with that if it was your products?

You are putting words in my mouth, er fingers on my keyboard. All I said was that they would have no influence over the speed of delivery.

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Sounds about right.  A friend of mine sent me a check via USPS from the San Diego Area.  A few days later, it should up on my informed delivery that I would be getting it the next day.  It took 3 months to find its way 90 miles.  Not only did she pay first class postage, but now had to pay an addition amount for a stop payment since it was NOT lost.  

This speaks loud and clear that USPS needs some reforming.  

I cannot argue with that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

And compare it to how many packages Amazon mails every single day.

But we are not talking about Amazon. You are comparing apples to oranges. So how many Medallions do you think Princess has shipped each week? Amazon has nothing to do with it.

4 hours ago, kiwimum said:

This is the first time that our medallions have been sent by USPS.   Our prior cruises the medallions were delivered by FedEx and shipped out of Singapore.   

I wonder if this is a new change to save some money and now Medallions will arrive late for many folks.  So much for waltzing through the terminal and onto the ship.

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I wonder if this is a new change to save some money and now Medallions will arrive late for many folks.  So much for waltzing through the terminal and onto the ship.

I don't know about you, but I was all prepared to get into a queue for those who were not Medallion Class. app certified or join my fellow Canadians in line to have an agent process me.  Oh wait...isn't that how it used to be?  

9 hours ago, Potstech said:

But we are not talking about Amazon. You are comparing apples to oranges. So how many Medallions do you think Princess has shipped each week? Amazon has nothing to do with it.

I have no idea how many medallions they ship out each week. I would bet they ship out less per Year than Amazon ships per DAY. Maybe Amazon could have some influence with the USPS, but Princess will have NONE.

Ours are also with USPS. Oddly, it looks like they may have started in NY then were with a "partner facility in Carson, CA for 4 days, and yesterday were transferred to USPS in Carson, with no estimated delivery date. We live in Boston, MA, so seems odd they would go from NY to CA and back to MA. 🤨

4 hours ago, caribill said:

Number of employees outside the USA does not in any way influence the USPS.

Just to clarify, my response to @AZjohn has absolutely nothing to do with USPS.  I was responding to the statement that he didn't think Carnival is a large business because it didn't have hundreds of thousands employees.  That's all, no mention of USPS by me.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

I have no idea how many medallions they ship out each week. I would bet they ship out less per Year than Amazon ships per DAY. Maybe Amazon could have some influence with the USPS, but Princess will have NONE.

Stuck on Amazon are you. Apples and oranges.