Medallions Stuck in New York

kitty2264

Has anyone had problems receiving their medallions on time.  Our cruise is Nov 30th and our medallions made it to Jamaica, NY eight days ago.  The USPS tracking number indicates the package has "Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item" .  There has been no change since Nov 11th.  Princess says it isn't a big deal because we can always pick up the medallion at the port.  Contacting the post office does no good because even though there is a tracking number, they say they have yet to receive the item.

I'm curious if anyone else has seen this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kitty2264 said:

Has anyone had problems receiving their medallions on time.  Our cruise is Nov 30th and our medallions made it to Jamaica, NY eight days ago.  The USPS tracking number indicates the package has "Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item" .  There has been no change since Nov 11th.  Princess says it isn't a big deal because we can always pick up the medallion at the port.  Contacting the post office does no good because even though there is a tracking number, they say they have yet to receive the item.

I'm curious if anyone else has seen this.

Yes, same. Just checked and the package is still in NY since Nov 11th.

34 minutes ago, Potstech said:

Stating it here is bery informative but will not get them delivered. Email customerrelations@princesscruises.com to try and get an answer. Probably not but it can not hurt

How is that supposed to get the post office to deliver them?

• Like 1

For what it's worth, my USPS tracking updated finally several days after I had received them at home back in July. I wouldn't trust the USPS status page to be 100% accurate.

Plenty of people at the port were having Medallions created on the spot, so don't worry about that. If you ordered fancy accessories though, I'd make sure to get Princess to reimburse you for those if they don't arrive in time.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ChangeOrder said:

For what it's worth, my USPS tracking updated finally several days after I had received them at home back in July. I wouldn't trust the USPS status page to be 100% accurate.

Plenty of people at the port were having Medallions created on the spot, so don't worry about that. If you ordered fancy accessories though, I'd make sure to get Princess to reimburse you for those if they don't arrive in time.

That was going to be my question. I ordered a wrist holder and necklace. So those will be mailed at the same time as the medallions, right? I'm just trying to figure out if I should order a backup just in case they don't arrive in time. The "How Do Folks Carry Their Ocean Medallions" thread has given me some new ideas so maybe I should order a backup while I still have time. One can never have enough options, right?

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

How is that supposed to get the post office to deliver them?

If Princess starts to ask why they are stuck there then maybe, just maybe as they are a large entity, they just might be pushed to USPS and given priority.  Stranger things have happened.

• Haha 2

Our October cruises were delivered by FedEx.  We were on B2B2B cruises.  I received 1 medallion, DH received 3.  Mine worked for all cruises.  His medallion had major issues checking on and off the ship in the first couple of ports.  The app worked perfect for both of us from the day we booked.

8 hours ago, Potstech said:

If Princess starts to ask why they are stuck there then maybe, just maybe as they are a large entity, they just might be pushed to USPS and given priority.  Stranger things have happened.

This is Princess, not Amazon. The are not a "large entity".

• Like 2

If you do not receive the medallions Princess will provide you with ones at the pier. Just make certain you bring all your health paperwork as well as a copy of the travel summary. 

Tracking for some important documents we mailed about 6 months ago showed they were stuck or lost. I checked with our local postmaster. He contacted the postmaster at the receiving location. It was reported that they had so many packages they could not scan them all. Our package was delivered, but later than expected. Your medallions could arrive after you return from your cruise. 

• Thanks 1

I had a similar experience with the USPS recently.  I ordered an item from Macy's and paid extra for expedited shipping service.  I was supposed to get the item the next day.  It took USPS 4 days to show they had received the item and another 6 days for it to actually reach me.  When I called Macy's to address the matter (I paid more for expedited shipping) Macy's immediately refunded the extra shipping charge but they checked their internal tracking data and they said the item was definitely given to USPS the same day I placed the order.

I wonder if everybody on your cruise will need to pick up at the pier and if they'll have enough medallions and staff to issue the replacement medallions without undue delay.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, coopco said:

That was going to be my question. I ordered a wrist holder and necklace. So those will be mailed at the same time as the medallions, right? I'm just trying to figure out if I should order a backup just in case they don't arrive in time. The "How Do Folks Carry Their Ocean Medallions" thread has given me some new ideas so maybe I should order a backup while I still have time. One can never have enough options, right?

Don't order a back-up. Just wait till you're on the ship. No shipping charges and you can use OBC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

This is Princess, not Amazon. The are not a "large entity".

As it is one of the larger cruise lines in the world it is not a small one either.  It has thousands of employees so what would you classify it as?

52 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I had a similar experience with the USPS recently.  I ordered an item from Macy's and paid extra for expedited shipping service.  I was supposed to get the item the next day.  It took USPS 4 days to show they had received the item and another 6 days for it to actually reach me.  When I called Macy's to address the matter (I paid more for expedited shipping) Macy's immediately refunded the extra shipping charge but they checked their internal tracking data and they said the item was definitely given to USPS the same day I placed the order.

I wonder if everybody on your cruise will need to pick up at the pier and if they'll have enough medallions and staff to issue the replacement medallions without undue delay.

The postal service in both our countries and expedited service don't belong in the same sentence I think.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Potstech said:

As it is one of the larger cruise lines in the world it is not a small one either.  It has thousands of employees so what would you classify it as?

I don't want this to sound snarky but, I would classify this as small business. Hundreds of thousands of employees worldwide are what I would classify as large company. JMHO