Bistro Sur La Mer Food Photos

chabad

2 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

We loved the food and would dine there again.  Here are some photos:

salad

11E18CA5-2889-4C31-AFD0-9BC6E704E8D2.thumb.jpeg.bfc9816c9841fb11324c10bc36b20338.jpeg

soup 

F385E3DB-E81A-4CC2-AFD8-3A5CC2F60A23.thumb.jpeg.cc9def13518f2af2d023007c83feb430.jpeg

scallops 

A4713825-0AB3-4D58-B686-4BF0A71794F6.thumb.jpeg.7aca7ef47d9e9b8301e9863a288d6a47.jpeg
Friend had this and I can’t remember what it was!

15B7DC28-6DBB-43D9-99FB-97EA578E0407.thumb.jpeg.e7681229c3f6882c215beb5641496ae4.jpeg
Desserts

04D0CB5B-8ADB-4680-933C-B4AFBE880E70.thumb.jpeg.9fb8c01e1b4fa89e69f39a5b840977e1.jpeg07C849A2-DF24-4D76-8AC7-07A4F10C0E99.thumb.jpeg.c1d5a984eac75d95544d9b962810c69c.jpeg

Okay, so now I'm drooling...thank you!😃🥂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nocl said:

The food is quite good, venue location leaves a bit to be desired. Located where Crooners normally is on deck seven, open to the Piazza. Basically just above Alfredos on 6. 

Is the location as undesirable on the Enchanted?

1 hour ago, ambelina said:

It's still open to the Atrium, although the pizzeria is across the way instead of below.  The open Atrium isn't as "intimate" as the other SD restaurants.  Although some tables in the Crown Grill can have the same issue as it is relatively open to the bar area where people congregate and often evening music sets there.

1 hour ago, ambelina said:

Kind of!  We are on the Enchanted and dined at Sur La Mer last evening.  The venue is right off the atrium on Deck 7.  Some of the tables are along the outside windows which does give more privacy from those walking along the atrium area. Service was excellent and we thought the food was Ok although not sure it is worth $58 a couple.  To be very honest we think the only alternative restaurant worth the money is Sabbitini.  While Sur La Mer and the Crown Grill are both Ok, we are not wowed.  The Salty Dog Pub is ridiculous for $18 per

person.  That price can get you a burger, grilled cheese, or Fish and Chips.  In fact you can also get Fish and Chips at Sur La Mer for $29!  Many of us remember when fish and chips was offered free for pub lunches.  We accept that folks have different tastes and expectations but think that Princess lags terribly when compared to paid alternative restaurants on other lines.

Hank

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

hopefully that is or will be still happening on Princess ships at some point.  Maybe it was "too popular", huh?

They may be phasing some of those things back in, like the karaoke and ultimate ship tours...

We dined there last week and the food was OK and not to the standards of the Crown Grill where we ate this week. My scallops were much smaller (not jumbo sea scallops) then the picture above and had the texture of silly putty. The fish was OK but not much different than the dinning room.  The common thread to why items are not available or not very good is supply chain issues.

We ate here on Majestic in November.  Food was great.  DH had the escargot and the duck and loved both dishes.  I had salad and sea bass - the fish was excellent.  Will eat here again BUT we will pass on Crown Grill (which we normally love) as it was definitely substandard on food quality and service.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 9:18 AM, Hlitner said:

Kind of!  We are on the Enchanted and dined at Sur La Mer last evening.  The venue is right off the atrium on Deck 7.  Some of the tables are along the outside windows which does give more privacy from those walking along the atrium area. Service was excellent and we thought the food was Ok although not sure it is worth $58 a couple.  To be very honest we think the only alternative restaurant worth the money is Sabbitini.  While Sur La Mer and the Crown Grill are both Ok, we are not wowed.  The Salty Dog Pub is ridiculous for $18 per

person.  That price can get you a burger, grilled cheese, or Fish and Chips.  In fact you can also get Fish and Chips at Sur La Mer for $29!  Many of us remember when fish and chips was offered free for pub lunches.  We accept that folks have different tastes and expectations but think that Princess lags terribly when compared to paid alternative restaurants on other lines.

Hank

It appears that Princess wants to make up for profits lost in the last 2 years rather quickly.🤑 

The scallops did look good and our waiter tried to steer me in that direction.  But we eat a lot of scallops at home and they also serve scallops as a menu item in the MDR.  Instead I opted for the Sea Bass which was a perfectly prepared fillet.  DW had the filet Mignon which she thought was OK but nothing special.  We have since returned to Sabatini’s for another excellent dinner but will not return to Sur La Mer or the Crown Grill on this cruise.  The Crown Grill and Sabbatinis both continue to do a decent business with Sur La Mer and the Salty Dawg Pub mostly empty.  But keep in mind that the ship is only about 50% of capacity.

Hank

2 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Those scallops look awful to me, way under cooked. I'm curious to what else is on the menu. 

From the exterior appearance, I have hard time believing those scallops are under-cooked.  But, neither of us can eat the photo to be sure.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hlitner said:

The scallops did look good and our waiter tried to steer me in that direction.  But we eat a lot of scallops at home and they also serve scallops as a menu item in the MDR.  Instead I opted for the Sea Bass which was a perfectly prepared fillet.  DW had the filet Mignon which she thought was OK but nothing special.  We have since returned to Sabatini’s for another excellent dinner but will not return to Sur La Mer or the Crown Grill on this cruise.  The Crown Grill and Sabbatinis both continue to do a decent business with Sur La Mer and the Salty Dawg Pub mostly empty.  But keep in mind that the ship is only about 50% of capacity.

Hank

I will have to go to CG and order my usual steak.  If not up to standard, I will just have to let them know and they can try again.  If still not there, then I guess I will have to reconsider the place.  I'd like to think they will get things back to where they should be in the coming months.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

From the exterior appearance, I have hard time believing those scallops are under-cooked.  But, neither of us can eat the photo to be sure.

As the poster of the pics I would say the scallops were cooked perfectly. There is no way I will eat an undercooked (raw center) scallop.😄

• Like 6

We just ate here and found the food not so good on the Majestic. The lobster bisque was just horrible. Princess used to have the best bisque I ever had. Even the dining room the last night served the same bisque as Ser La  Mer. We have eaten in hundreds of French restaurants and nothing about this place is French. Appetizer of fried cheese sticks taste like frozen ones at store. The sea bass was not bad though. No soufflé for desert either. Simply disappointing.