Mourning Chops Mushroom Soup :-(

When I was on Odyssey earlier this month, I saw Chops had replaced the delicious mushroom soup with a butternut squash soup. And it appears, it has been replaced on my upcoming Oasis cruise. The soup was my absolute favorite thing on board every ships. 

What other foods that were once available are you missing?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

I saw Chops had replaced the delicious mushroom soup with a butternut squash soup. The soup was my absolute favorite thing on board every ships. 

The cream of mushroom soup is also my very favorite dish.  I sure hope this is temporary

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

At Chops, the French Onion Soup which has been relegated to the MDR.

Also, didn't Portofino have the seafood tower special for 2 consisting of half a lobster tails, shrimps and other seafood.

I know that it eventually disappeared as the lobster tail became smaller than the shrimp.  Remember, that the Portofino MD was a real snob and very controlling.

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

It is also gone from the first night dining room menu.  Just off the Indy and was told that there is a Worldwide mushroom shortage.  Yeah right!!

Clearly this has replaced the escargot shortage of 2017 (or was it 2016?). We have a long list of menu items that have gone by the wayside, such as the pesto pasta from Giovanni's or, going way back, the "Magic Mango Parfait" from the main dining room menu. We only had that for our first two or three cruises, and then it was replaced with a sort of bananas foster parfait, and that is also long gone.

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

It is also gone from the first night dining room menu.  Just off the Indy and was told that there is a Worldwide mushroom shortage.  Yeah right!!

That's what they said on Oasis a couple of weeks ago.  Sounds a lot like the vacationing bacon on Carnival.

• Haha 1

I noticed the mushroom soup had gone AWOL from the MDR menu in the app, as well as the Wild Mushroom Risotto on one of the other nights (I can't remember which ship I was looking at at the time). The risotto was replaced with a butternut squash one and the soup by a cream of cauliflower.

The soup was definitely missing on Brilliance this week, as reported by @Rogueperson on his live thread:

There was an error on the menu.  Mushroom soup was a mistake.  Its supposed to be cream of cauliflower.  A little pepper and it was delicious.

3577DF02-E5B8-4110-B091-A19493E595D6.thumb.jpeg.07c80e84f6c77b754420ff5e46bd471f.jpeg

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

there were also no mushrooms as a side for chops. but there was mushroom risotto at coastal kitchen... good thing i'm in a suite next cruise!

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

Just off the Indy and was told that there is a Worldwide mushroom shortage.  Yeah right!!

It's true, there is a mushroom shortage.  This is from the highly respected American Mushroom Institute... 

"The current market forces of global supply chain shortages, transportation availability constraints, and a drastically reduced farm labor market combined with seasonal threats of crop disease are heavily negatively impacting U.S. mushroom production, resulting in the forecast of a significantly reduced mushroom holiday supply capability, the American Mushroom Institute BB #:162412 announced today."

Just off the Navigator this morning. We too were very upset that the mushroom soup was off the Chops menu. Ordered the lobster bisque and it was horribly fishy and salty. Our awesome waiter offered to have the chef make the mushroom soup for us, and served it to us the next night in Jaimie’s. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Windjammer this am had plenty of sautéed mushrooms 

For Chops mushroom soup they use cremini, button & portabella mushrooms. We were just on Anthem & were also disappointed that Chops no longer has mushroom soup. It was one of our favorites. Asked waiter & was told that can’t get certain mushrooms. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

When I was on Odyssey earlier this month, I saw Chops had replaced the delicious mushroom soup with a butternut squash soup. And it appears, it has been replaced on my upcoming Oasis cruise. The soup was my absolute favorite thing on board every ships. 

Same thing on Adventure last week. 😞

5 hours ago, yogimax said:

It's true, there is a mushroom shortage.  This is from the highly respected American Mushroom Institute... 

"The current market forces of global supply chain shortages, transportation availability constraints, and a drastically reduced farm labor market combined with seasonal threats of crop disease are heavily negatively impacting U.S. mushroom production, resulting in the forecast of a significantly reduced mushroom holiday supply capability, the American Mushroom Institute BB #:162412 announced today."

Two weeks ago on Harmony, we were told about the mushroom shortage as soon as our Chops server approached.  😞

11 hours ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

That is a shame if they are not offering it at this time. I was on Odyssey in August and had the mushroom soup at least twice and again on Oasis over Thanksgiving.

18 hours ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

Was  it gone off the offline menu? I'm still seeing it listed for my sailing on Navigator in late Feb.