Employees of P&O & influencers

Dgtrainer99

We are the same and if we didn't like it we would move onto something we did like .

I best not praise them too much or I will be tarred a P&O groupie:classic_unsure:

As pointed out by Andy, others have their experience/views and our views are not

valid in their eyes . Each to their own ,whatever makes us /them happy :classic_smile:

• Like 9

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Prior Covid, I was often accused on here of being a P&O 'mole'... 

We are a very laid back, positive couple who tend to make the most of what is around us, so genuinely never had a fully bad experience, despite having to move cabins, noisy neighbours, the odd bad meal etc. 

We found the P&O offering good for us, but by no means perfect. Unfortunately you sometimes get shot down for saying anything positive by the constantly negative posters... 

Speak as you find, whatever that may be... 

We are not cruising at the moment, so contribute less, but still enjoy reading sensible contributions. 

Andy 

Wish I was a mole. I'm just a usual suspect.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Although the number of regular posters on here is relatively small, it does give a good snapshot of views and opinions of P O and current thinking of regular cruisers.

I agree that personal insults of anyone, especially Moley is out of order, although some on here do occasionally get under my skin, as I do theirs !!  Seriously, it's good to read diverse opinion.

• Like 10

My P&O cruises have all been generally very positive but there have been times when there has been a problem and I have always tried to point out both positive and negative aspects as experienced by me. I tend not take much notice of those that say everything on any particular cruise line is always perfect...

• Like 6

In general we have not had many problems whilst onboard a P&O ship and have always tried to have it sorted out onboard because I think the "the leave it until we get home and complain on social media" is not the way forward at least give them the chance to put things right whilst onboard. My only real problems is with P&O at head office and have often said that they are like 2 different companies one run rather better than the other one.

• Like 3

We have had an occasional problem but they have been sorted quickly and satisfactorily on board with one exception so I asked on board for written confirmation that we had complained on board and that we had made it clear that the problem had persisted for the whole of the cruise.  I wrote to P&O when we got home along with a copy of the confirmation from the ship.  I had a phone call from customer services 2 days later to tell me that my complaint was being followed up and 2 weeks later I received an apology letter and a very nice hamper from P&O.  I was not seeking compensation but wanted to make an official complaint because I did not believe that a health and safety issue in our cabin was treated seriously on board.  

• Like 3

The only real problem that we had onboard, that was complained about officially from the beginning of the cruise, was water supply in our stateroom on Oriana and was never sorted. In fact on our last morning we went to breakfast before disembarking when we came back somebody had obviously been working in the bathroom as the floor was covered in towels, tools every where and brown water sludge all over the sodden towels. We just grabbed our bags and disembarked and without any prompting had a phone call from P&O within 2-3 days and had obviously realised, without any further complaint from us when we got home, that it had ruined our cruise and if we took it further would have a good case so was offered a large amount of compensation.

On 12/25/2021 at 8:45 PM, Megabear2 said:

Happy Christmas Molecrochip.  I think the OP was probably speaking about FB and Twitter rather than your posts here!  I personally won't touch either but many swear by these sites for information. In fact in these torrid times of covid p&O et al could probably do with someone giving a balanced view from both sides. 

Unfortunately if you never go on the Facebook sites and actually read from people who have been on cruises you will never get a true reflection of what’s going on board, because they are not the doom and gloom merchants you often read on here.

• Haha 1

On 12/27/2021 at 12:03 PM, bobstheboy said:

Although the number of regular posters on here is relatively small, it does give a good snapshot of views and opinions of P O and current thinking of regular cruisers.

I agree that personal insults of anyone, especially Moley is out of order, although some on here do occasionally get under my skin, as I do theirs !!  Seriously, it's good to read diverse opinion.

Actually your wrong about the few posters giving a good snapshot, what you get is a few posters who really do not give a true reflection of what is going on

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

Actually your wrong about the few posters giving a good snapshot, what you get is a few posters who really do not give a true reflection of what is going on

I agree. This group is so small, that it really is not representative at all.

One of the ship specific forums that I am on elsewhere has over 5000 members alone !

I appreciate that size is not everything ( as Mrs W keeps telling me !), but a forum of less than 100 people  does not give a true snapshot, especially as so many members are now (for understandable reasons) not cruising.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I agree. This group is so small, that it really is not representative at all.

One of the ship specific forums that I am on elsewhere has over 5000 members alone !

I appreciate that size is not everything ( as Mrs W keeps telling me !), but a forum of less than 100 people  does not give a true snapshot, especially as so many members are now (for understandable reasons) not cruising.

I take your point entirely, and the heavy revisions don’t help, but in reality it’s considerably more than that because of the lurkers who prefer, quite understandably, not to post.

4 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I take your point entirely, and the heavy revisions don’t help, but in reality it’s considerably more than that because of the lurkers who prefer, quite understandably, not to post.

True - however,  if you actually want to hear about how things are on actual cruises at present, rather than listen to speculation, other social sites are far more informative.  

Also, nothing wrong with lurkers, but if they don't post, they are immaterial in terms of numbers

19 minutes ago, wowzz said:

True - however,  if you actually want to hear about how things are on actual cruises at present, rather than listen to speculation, other social sites are far more informative.  

Also, nothing wrong with lurkers, but if they don't post, they are immaterial in terms of numbers

I tend to pay more attention to the folk who are actually on, or have recently been on cruises that I do to folk who don't know. But then again I can't know, coming from Sanctimonia.🤣

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, wowzz said:

It doesn't much matter whether they choose to post or not - they're still viewers of forum posts and may well make decisions on the basis of those posts.

When I first started cruising I knew nothing whatever about it, but made a lot of decisions based on various posts.  Position of cabin, for example, type of cabin, best time to book, indeed which cruise line.  I didn't post because there was nothing I could usefully add, but I was a keen observer, and a pound to a penny there are many, many times more viewers than posters on some of these threads.

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

It doesn't much matter whether they choose to post or not - they're still viewers of forum posts and may well make decisions on the basis of those posts.

When I first started cruising I knew nothing whatever about it, but made a lot of decisions based on various posts.  Position of cabin, for example, type of cabin, best time to book, indeed which cruise line.  I didn't post because there was nothing I could usefully add, but I was a keen observer, and a pound to a penny there are many, many times more viewers than posters on some of these threads.

Same here 

I've cruised with family for 15 years ish plus now

Came on here a lot for research in the past

But never had time to register or post until recently 

Registering to post on forums is always a big step

Some forums also show you how many times a post has been viewed as well

Its always way higher than you would imagine

Edited by Interestedcruisefan
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Bazrat said:

Unfortunately if you never go on the Facebook sites and actually read from people who have been on cruises you will never get a true reflection of what’s going on board, because they are not the doom and gloom merchants you often read on here.

Probably true but I never use social media as many years ago the law firm I worked for was involved in the launch of several large sites including FB and I learned very early how the information can be totally falsified.

I tend to draw my own opinions from people I personally know.  Even with this site I've been on it many years but only got involved over the insurance issue.  I will be disappearing again very soon now that is moving on.

I dislike the very personal and sometimes rude attacks on people that social media appears to encourage. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Probably true but I never use social media as many years ago the law firm I worked for was involved in the launch of several large sites including FB and I learned very early how the information can be totally falsified.

I tend to draw my own opinions from people I personally know.  Even with this site I've been on it many years but only got involved over the insurance issue.  I will be disappearing again very soon now that is moving on.

I dislike the very personal and sometimes rude attacks on people that social media appears to encourage. 

I, personally, will miss the professional approach you have brought to the forum, should you decide to leave.

The problem with small forums such as this one,  is that personal opinions soon become construed as personal attacks.

On the other hand,  it is quite easy to identify the particular viewpoints of certain individuals (myself included !) and ignore them. 

One of  the  advantages of larger forums,  is that there are more people who can give you an accurate answer.  If you ask for an opinion about a certain cabin on a certain ship, this  is  not the place to be. 

I view this forum as a useful tool to duscuss P&O cruises in general, but I will use other forums if I am looking for more detailed information.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

One of  the  advantages of larger forums,  is that there are more people who can give you an accurate answer. 

Now, my experience is the complete opposite Wowzz... 

In my simple world, if I need to know something about a certain ship, protocols or procedures, I get honest opinions here, stemming from a genuine want to help. I have also got to know the personalities of many of you, so can usually understand where the opinion comes from and can make a judgement whether the advice applies to me or not. 

On larger forums, I found many 1 time cruisers who have had a bad experience, shouting about why you are stupid to ever cruise with P&O... Obviously they are not all like that and their opinions are just as valid, but I use our familiarity to make an informed decision. 

The posters on here have been a fantastic help to me, you included, so this will always be my 'go to' forum for anything P&O related. 

Andy 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

I too dislike the personal attacks on people but you only get a true idea what’s going on by using multiple sites, one person’s personal opinion on here was that the Caribbean cruises would not take place, would you take there opinion into account

19 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

That’s a bit frightening lurkers makes me want to check behind my iPad, or at least send my beloved to check

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Now, my experience is the complete opposite Wowzz... 

In my simple world, if I need to know something about a certain ship, protocols or procedures, I get honest opinions here, stemming from a genuine want to help. I have also got to know the personalities of many of you, so can usually understand where the opinion comes from and can make a judgement whether the advice applies to me or not. 

On larger forums, I found many 1 time cruisers who have had a bad experience, shouting about why you are stupid to ever cruise with P&O... Obviously they are not all like that and their opinions are just as valid, but I use our familiarity to make an informed decision. 

The posters on here have been a fantastic help to me, you included, so this will always be my 'go to' forum for anything P&O related. 

Andy 

You have had a different experience than me, our first Caribbean cruise was greatly enhanced by the fact you was communicating with people with an interest in the subject, unlike on here and I have mentioned it repeatedly that one of the long term contributors opinion was there would be no Caribbean cruise last year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

You have had a different experience than me, our first Caribbean cruise was greatly enhanced by the fact you was communicating with people with an interest in the subject, unlike on here and I have mentioned it repeatedly that one of the long term contributors opinion was there would be no Caribbean cruise last year.

Isn’t the expression of an opinion about a cruise a reasonable enough thing to do on a cruise forum? 

• Like 4

To encourage 'lurkers' to contribute, and widen any knowledge base, differences of opinion, need to be accepted as that, and discussed with tolerance, otherwise lurkers will not become contributors.

It benefits everyone to have a wide range of views in my opinion, and with more contributors, it  becomes easier to work out what the general consensus is.

• Like 2