Sympathy of the Seas

Norwegian is at least upfront. They canceled sailings Royal just wants money. A ship of Fools. Its sad. Time to cancel and bail out.

I love cruising as much as all of us but it’s ridiculous as they really are making fools of those who are sailing. Its not only sad but dangerous as they are playing with lives. I know ill be flamed but its my respectful opinion. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, LouChamp said:

Norwegian is at least upfront. They canceled sailings Royal just wants money. A ship of Fools. Its sad. Time to cancel and bail out.

I love cruising as much as all of us but it’s ridiculous as they really are making fools of those who are sailing. Its not only sad but dangerous as they are playing with lives. I know ill be flamed but its my respectful opinion. 

Norwegian cancelled after sail away, and if you honestly believe they would have cancelled if they had any other option then I have some ocean front property in Ohio to sell you

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

Norwegian cancelled after sail away, and if you honestly believe they would have cancelled if they had any other option then I have some ocean front property in Ohio to sell you

They cancelled the Pearl a day into her sailing and also cancelled the Getaway due to depart tomorrow Jan 5,

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

Im ready to buy. I have a bridge in New York and a property in hawaii near a volcano for you 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You have no clue of the details behind NCLs cancellation and RCI decision not to.

Biker, who wonders if this thread will last more than a page or two.

No details per se but both covid related for NCL. Pearl was crew related covid.

1 hour ago, LouChamp said:

Norwegian is NOT up front. We are due to cruise 1/8 to San Juan, St Thomas, Great Stirrup Cay and Puerto Plata. The only port that'll take us for sure is Puerto Plata. New testing requirements in the other ports means unless they plan on testing us on board we will not be able to dock....yet NCL professes to know nothing about any new rules and hasn't updated their travel requirements by country page since December 22nd. The Getaway was just cancelled with 1 days notice. The Pearl turned around 2 days into her sailing,  Encore just turned around without notice, the Star was supposed to be going to S America but is rerouted to Miami....yet NCL says everything is just fine. They will only admit something's wrong when their back is against the wall and they have no other choice

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@JavajitterzCertainly understand your frustration. All cruise lines are a cluster-duck right now, literally winging it minute by minute. It stinks!

Perhaps the best bet is to cancel under NCL's Peace of Mind policy given the uncertainty of the cruise industry. (Not meant as a judgement at all. If I were in your position, that's what I'd do.) Thankfully we aren't due to sail until March on Celebrity but as things change, we will re-assess.

Good luck with whatever you decide & safe travels.

Edited by DogLover
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Love the title of this thread so I couldn't resist reading it.  I've been going with "Eventually of the Seas" myself.  I'd have a lot of respect for any cruise line that would cancel or set out protocols BEFORE final payment dates rather than after, but that's probably not a good business model right now so . . .  I follow  my own personal business model which is:   (1) refundable deposits only, (2) do not take any FCC (or wooden nickels),  (3) make contingency plans so you still have a vacation if your cruise craps out, and (4) cancel before final payment if conditions are sketchy.  So far this strategy has resulted in the loss of $0 and several worthwhile domestic vacations (although I would rather have been cruising in Europe and Asia).    

• Like 3

2 hours ago, soremekun said:

I've posted some of my best material in some threads that have gone poof.  Very annoying.

You know how it is next someone brings up Politics, then Religion, moves on talking about someones Mom,. But whens get to CV, Poof! 

• Haha 2