Tuscan Grill vs Murano first night on Reflection

zitsky

1 hour ago, basenji56 said:

I found the Fine Cut Steakhouse on Edge class ships to be much better than Tuscan Grill.  But I still prefer Murano and miss it when on Edge class ships.    

Had a wonderful steak at Fine Cut, but I honestly did not find it any different than the delish one I had in Luminae

• Like 1

We prefer Tuscan for the first night, as we are tired from travelling, and just want to be casual, the charcuterie boards are fabulous. We save Murano for when we are st Sea, so that we have something special to look forward to in the evening, and plenty of time to get ready, enjoy a drink in the Ensemble Lounge first… it is so good you really need to go twice to enjoy all the dishes on the menu! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Had a wonderful steak at Fine Cut, but I honestly did not find it any different than the delish one I had in Luminae

The prime rib at Fine Cut was great, Luminae has better service than any of the specialty restaurants.

Charcuterie is my favorite appetizer in any of the celebrity restaurants.

Edited by George C

3 hours ago, sunseeker551 said:

My husband just told me he actually preferred the Lawn Grill over Murano. 🙂

I agree with your husband.  We have been to LCG 4 or 5 times and every time it has been wonderful.  Love the tip about dining there when in port.  It was so cold on our last time, they offered us a return another night for free. 

To answer the OP's question, I would prefer Tuscan for the first night and I would try to get a table at the window to enjoy the wake.

As for Murano, we have been 3 times on three different ships and every time came away unimpressed and we're foodies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Love Murano on S class for the food,

Love Tuscan on S class for the view…

Numerous S class cruises. We always book Tuscan first night for that real feeling of being at sea.

Nothing matches that feeling of seeing the port disappear, day turn to night, worries and cares of our real lives drift away…

We have booked Tuscan now every first night for numerous cruises. No intention of changing.

Our first toast is always to ‘Making it count’…Enjoy every moment of your cruise zitsky!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, George C said:

Murano is only on S class , I was surprised that E class didn’t have Tuscan or Murano . We will do Tuscan and Le Peit Chef in two weeks on summit, love there royal suite with the huge balcony and all those perks.

E class does have Tuscan but not the same location as S class.  I vote for Tuscan first night on S class....early dining, tables for 2 generally on the window.  Sail away view is great and what we book every first night.

Edited by Oceangoer2

16 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Love Murano on S class for the food,

Love Tuscan on S class for the view…

Numerous S class cruises. We always book Tuscan first night for that real feeling of being at sea.

Nothing matches that feeling of seeing the port disappear, day turn to night, worries and cares of our real lives drift away…

We have booked Tuscan now every first night for numerous cruises. No intention of changing.

Our first toast is always to ‘Making it count’…Enjoy every moment of your cruise zitsky!

We just said the same thing in different words. at almost the same time...LOL.

7 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

E class does have Tuscan but not the same location as S class.  I vote for Tuscan first night on S class....early dining, tables for 2 generally on the window.  Sail away view is great and what we book every first night.

The Tuscan on the E class is not a specialty restaurant and the menus are not even close.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

We just said the same thing in different words. at almost the same time...LOL.

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful next cruise experience…We are on the Silhouette in October and just can’t wait…Guess where we will be dining first night?

• Thanks 1

Just now, zitsky said:

Tuscan?

Hummmm….yes, how did you guess?

Honestly, much as we love the food in Murano and the other speciality restaurants it is that view of the sea that does make you realise you are at sea!

It helps you unwind and switch off from daily life and switch into holiday mode…It really now is set into our holiday plans that our first night is always Tuscan!

My vote would also go for Murano.    Never been disappointed with either food or service.    We have eaten at Tuscan and had mixed results both with service and food.   One time a table mate had to send back her Lasagna 3 ties as it was cold inside from the refrigerator, which to me is unacceptable in any restaurant.   

• Like 2

We used to look forward to dining at the Tuscan Grill in the same way as Murano.   Then years ago, there was a menu change and several of our favorite dishes were eliminated.  We still ate there for  several more times but it was no longer the same-- at least for us.  Murano is our favorite and we continue to dine there at least twice per cruise.  It is a great restaurant to celebrate a special event.

5 hours ago, Steve H said:

We found Murano to be very pretentious . Lawn Grill is fabulous!

... as in too formal or too elitist or food too upscale or too very matter of fact one of the best restaurants on S Class Ships?

bon appetit and bon voyage

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bo1953 said:

... as in too formal or too elitist or food too upscale or too very matter of fact one of the best restaurants on S Class Ships?

Some may find Murano stuffy and others are quite comfortable with the level of service. 

• Thanks 3

Just now, Oceangoer2 said:

Some may find Murano stuffy and others are quite comfortable with the level of service. 

Thus the reason I Am trying to drill down on what the poster meant by their input on Murano....

We like both restaurants but they are certainly different.  We tend to book Murano if we are celebrating a special occasion on the cruise.  We probably would not book it on the very first night but rather wait and let the anticipation build for later in the cruise. 

3 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Is the dress code any different between the two?  I usually go with business casual, no jeans.

There are no differences as defined by Celebrity.  But I would say that some people get a bit more dressy for Murano but not everybody.  Business casual is just fine, even on Chic nights.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I can be down to earth but when I go to a restaurant I want to focus on the quality of service and food.  I don’t need them to be my best friend.  Maybe pretentious is good.

LOL---Are you kiddin ???

Let's say some " Old F--T " is sittin  with a beautiful 32 yr old ( Yea, I'm hooked on that couple ( ??) , ya mean to say you won't " focus " on 'em ??   Ya won't be thinkin , " UUMM , I wonder, etc etc " ) ??

No worries about being " best friends " ---

The Staff are well trained to make us " feel " like " best friends " --- It's all part of their excellent Service . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1