Covid Testing Change For Carnival Will RCI Follow?

B113

• B113 changed the title to Covid Testing Change For Carnival Will RCI Follow?

RCI probably thinks it would confuse people and those who are not 'up to date' on vaccinations would show up at the pier with 3 day tests.  So they defaulted to the 2 day rule. 

For those interested, here is what Carnival has on the website:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Effective March 1, guests who are up to date with their vaccines may take their test within three days prior to sailing. Up to date means a person has received all recommended COVID-19 vaccinations, including any booster dose(s), when eligible. If a guest is fully vaccinated but not up to date with their vaccines (i.e., is eligible for a booster but has not received one), they must take their pre-cruise COVID-19 test within two days prior to sailing.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Royal posted their updated protocols yesterday, no changes to the “2 day” testing window 

I find it hard to find all the info I'm looking for on the website.  Did they announce the protocols past April 14th?

Edited by Native Floridian 26

5 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

I find it hard to find all the info I'm looking for on the website.  Did they announce the protocols past April 14th?

Yesterday they announced new onboard protocols regarding vaccination status and masking.  I would assume these changes will stay in place "until further notice"

What exact information is it you are trying to find?

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Yesterday they announced new onboard protocols regarding vaccination status and masking.  I would assume these changes will stay in place "until further notice"

What exact information is it you are trying to find?

When I booked my Greek Isles/Adriatic cruise 2 days ago for May, the Protocalls had only been announced through April 14th.  Wondering if the Protocalls for after April 14th have been announced yet.

Just now, Native Floridian 26 said:

When I booked my Greek Isles/Adriatic cruise 2 days ago for May, the Protocalls had only been announced through April 14th.  Wondering if the Protocalls for after April 14th have been announced yet.

The protocols being discussed here are for US embarkations only; to my knowledge no updates have been giving for embarkations from other countries.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The protocols being discussed here are for US embarkations only; to my knowledge no updates have been giving for embarkations from other countries.  

Thank you.  There are so many different ways to navigate the info, I can't even get to that April 14th date anymore.

7 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

They have not yet announced protocols for Europe sailings.     Expect they will be released in the coming weeks.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Anton said:

RCI probably thinks it would confuse people and those who are not 'up to date' on vaccinations would show up at the pier with 3 day tests.  So they defaulted to the 2 day rule. 

IMPORTANT NOTE: Effective March 1, guests who are up to date with their vaccines may take their test within three days prior to sailing. Up to date means a person has received all recommended COVID-19 vaccinations, including any booster dose(s), when eligible. If a guest is fully vaccinated but not up to date with their vaccines (i.e., is eligible for a booster but has not received one), they must take their pre-cruise COVID-19 test within two days prior to sailing.

As easy as it sounds I imagine there will be a lot of questions / confusion.

2 hours ago, Anton said:

Probably next year they will determine that fully vaxxed will include booster 1 & 2.  Following year, it'll be Booster 1-3 and so on.  It will like the flu shot, except that they don't ask.

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think it just adds confusion when carnival is 3 days before and rcl 2 days before and the term fully vaccinated  .. people ask what that means exactly now.

Added confusion. 

Carnival is going to 3 levels.  Level 1, fully vaxxed with booster,  Level 2, vaxxed but no booster.  Level 3, no vaxxed.  Talking about confusion.

• Like 2

I don’t understand why 12+ adults are having an issue with the 2 day rule.   Even if you travel a day before your flight - why can’t you get a rapid test completed 2 days prior?  

you can do eMed at home or CVS/Walgreens etc and have results in an hour or less?    You don’t need a pCR test which takes a while to get??  

unvax under 12s still have 3 days to get their PCR….

Sorry to say but they need to get rid of the testing all together.  Went to Walgreens yesterday and tested positive for my Monday cruise.  I was shocked, went an hour later to CVS and tested negative.  I cant imagine how many false positives are showing up.

• Like 6