Is it me, or is Norwegian's online checking complicated?

mafig

22 minutes ago, cruiserbear55 said:

No. It just somehow checks that it is a valid number, and the "verified" comes up. It doesn't send you a code that you have to insert.

When we were on the phone with tech support they said we would get a text on our phone.

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I'm sure you are lovely. Enjoy your cruise!!! 

Hi, BermudaBound (BB),

I don't know if you remember me, but I remember you.😍

You were so very helpful to me when I was trying to get up enough nerve to cruise on MSC.

We haven't talked in a few years.  I don't think Maui was in your profile then.

2 minutes ago, mafig said:

Hi, BermudaBound (BB),

I don't know if you remember me, but I remember you.😍

You were so very helpful to me when I was trying to get up enough nerve to cruise on MSC.

We haven't talked in a few years.  I don't think Maui was in your profile then.

Of course I remember you! We had some great conversations :). I retired in 2020 just as covid hit. It was a planned retirement, but I the timing turned out perfect.

Since I couldn’t cruse last year I ended up Wintering in Maui (I lived in Oahu in the early 80s so Hawaii has always held a special place in my heart). Anyway- loved it so much decided to winter here again this year. I could do a world cruise for what 4 months in Maui cost, but I am just not ready for a huge international trip until this virus is long behind is. 

I’m glad to see you are still cruising. I’ll get back to it one day :). And who knows, I suspect at some point I’ll be wintering in Florida for its cost effectiveness so maybe we can hook up for happy hour then! 

Hugs and happy travels. 

5 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I’m glad to see you are still cruising. I’ll get back to it one day :). And who knows, I suspect at some point I’ll be wintering in Florida for its cost effectiveness so maybe we can hook up for happy hour then! 

Hugs and happy travels. 

Happy hour sounds good!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruiserbear55 said:

There is an oval that you center your face into, click again, and the document has your picture. It was incredibly easy.And don't worry about what the picture looks like. They will take another one at the pier.

They have not retaken my photo at the port yet in 4 cruises (and 4 different ports)...but they did scan my passport and used that photo (not much better then my selfie, LOL). As long as they let me on and off the ship, I don't really care what photo they use.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mafig said:

I sure hope they don't use that picture.......I had no idea I look this bad in the morning!

I'm sure you look good.  Please post here and we'll confirm 😁

For us, we scanned our passports, then cropped the pic and used those.  They were accepted fine.  But needing to verify email is something many people missed.  NCL probably should put in some reminder/notice in red.

I had to laugh while reading through this thread... If you think you're having issues checking in with NCL...just ask anybody trying to do the same on Princess!  The Medallion App absolutely shows that it was contracted out to the lowest bidder! 😄

i dont think its complicated, just takes a little more time and getting used to. thank god for my computer literate grandson. he was able to get the necessary picture for me and my wife. after  that no problem. i will admit, though, if it wasnt for him i'd still be lost in cyberspace

My problem is needing to book 2 btb legs at once. If I book the first leg, it wants a nonrefundable deposit due to close dates. But I only want the first leg if there is no problem snagging the second leg also. I had both of them on the brink of booking in separate windows recently, but couldn't risk it. Also for check in I have never and will never use a cell phone or it's texts.

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I had to laugh while reading through this thread... If you think you're having issues checking in with NCL...just ask anybody trying to do the same on Princess!  The Medallion App absolutely shows that it was contracted out to the lowest bidder! 😄

When a reporter asked John Glenn what he was thinking as an astronaut ready to take off in the rocket, he replied "You know there's equivalent of 10 million tons of TNT ready to explode below you, and it's made by the lowest price contractor"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2022 at 1:03 PM, mafig said:

I haven't been on Norwegian for years, but on-line checking seems so much more complicated than before.  I recently did one for Royal Caribbean and I had no problem, but I had to continually call on-line support to find out why I was stuck at 85% for Norwegian.😮 

It is the easiest check in I have attempted.  You are "stuck" because the final part of the check in cannot be done until you are less than three weeks from cruising.  The system informs you of this while checking in.

So, I managed to add the photo this morning.  Definitely easier than trying to insert a picture. Yesterday I was using my desktop to insert a picture I already had. Last night I tried taking a selfie with my iPad. That was a fail. I had trouble centering my head in the oval. So, this morning, I tried with my iPhone, and I ended up with a decent centered photo (after several takes 🤣 and three pieces of equipment). I was able to add a picture for my cruise in November, don’t know why it was so difficult this time.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

It is the easiest check in I have attempted.  You are "stuck" because the final part of the check in cannot be done until you are less than three weeks from cruising.  The system informs you of this while checking in.

We only had a minor glitch with the phone number, but we quickly discovered the issue and corrected it. Currently, you can not start your check in until 21 days ahead. I had to wait to do ours until exactly 21 days out. The easiest way for us to do our pictures was using the camera on the laptop. No need to scan anything.

2 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

That's not why I was stuck.  I was 21 days exactly from my cruise.  I believe I said that.

Anyway all is well.  I did print my cruise docs today.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2022 at 1:45 PM, Herissica said:

I found it pretty cumbersome as well.  I was bouncing back and forth between the app and the website trying to figure out what was going wrong.  I had to type and retype my phone number several times to get the prompt to click the Verify Phone button.  I had to resend the verify email a couple of times for that to complete as well.  The photo thing?  It wouldn't accept anything it seemed, so I also just gave up and took a crappy morning no makeup and bad hair selfie.  It looks horrible, but at least it worked. 

I had this same problem.  Appear to be completely checked in but then found out I wasn’t.  Had to enter/re-enter phone and email multiple times.  

2 hours ago, weltek said:

There's now a required photo? That's new since my last cruise. Why do they require that now?

Yes, the requirement is new.  In theory, it helps streamline the process at the port. (Although, there have been previous cruisers who needed to have their photo taken again at the port.)

On 3/19/2022 at 9:25 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

+1 Not a fan of NCL check in (the whole "verify your email/phone" thing is a bit of an overreach. But it does not compare with awfulness of  Medallion check in!

1 hour ago, nattie said:

+1 Not a fan of NCL check in (the whole "verify your email/phone" thing is a bit of an overreach. But it does not compare with awfulness of  Medallion check in!

If not and they need to email or text you and you have entered that info incorrectly, you will be here complaining that they never verified the info ahead of time.

Just tried to check-in for our 4/13 cruise out of Trieste.  When I got to the health and safety page, it states that in order to embark the ship we must be fully vaccinated and also consent to receiving a COVID Antigen test which will be administered and paid for by the cruise line.  I thought this process had changed as of 3/1/22 and that we needed to be tested prior to arriving at the port.  Anyone else notice that? 

TIA