LIVE from Discovery Princess - March 27th, 2022 - 7 Day Mexican Riviera Inaugural Sailing

scottsdalelove

11 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Missing a bag and room at 78° & climbing even with room darkening shades closed. 😮💨

Maybe your bag went to the "Naughty Room"???.....what have you tried to smuggle on? 

11 hours ago, andydunn said:

Yeah, we were told no chef's table or winemakers dinner too. Though given no reason. Sad face....

Still we have the giant balcony M107 so life could be worse 

PXL_20220327_191334644.PANO.jpg

Niiiiice!

15 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

After the overcast cleared it’s a warm & beautiful day in San Pedro…here’s our obstructed view balcony on Emerald deck with the Doubletree in the background.

A compete elite minibar on arrival…quickly swapped for 10 Diet Cokes & 10 Peroni beers. 🍺

UGH…the CC app invented my photo. 😳

FC786B2A-97BE-4C70-B752-EB296D695A27.jpeg

Try putting it in upside down.🤣

Edited by JF - retired RRT
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, abbydancer said:

Aren't they good?  We were on the Ruby in December, and danced to them a lot.  I looked at next weeks cruise, and I think they're in various venues including the atrium and the crown grill bar.  

Excellent!  Thank you … 

My PVP / CVP asked me to video one of them and we went to see them on the last day of the cruise.  We couldn’t believe we didn’t go seem them before that … they were just sooo good.  We were always stopping in to see Grace’s Secret and they were also very good but our friends didn’t really care for them.  Aileen and Sticks were by far, everyone’s favorite.  
I have three upcoming cruises on the Discovery and can’t wait to see them again.  

1 hour ago, phabric said:

Pre Covid, your cabin attendant came to your door to welcome you.  Do they still do that?

We’ve cruised several times since the restart and yes, the room stewards have always come to introduce themselves and ask about any requests.  

2 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

We’ve cruised several times since the restart and yes, the room stewards have always come to introduce themselves and ask about any requests.  

Yes ours did yesterday. As responsive and lovely as always

• Like 1

Having trouble posting.

Ship is beautiful. We arrived at the pier 93 terminal and it was pretty full at 10:15am. Shortly after boarding of buses began. Good we were Elite because we started boarding first. We were probably the third bus. We are on Starboard side of ship. Nice view of the boat Marina. Sailaway was gorgeous with warm weather.

My back was killing me all night on these new beds. I am going to pull the sheet and check what I am sleeping on. Feels like a pad under the sheet.Bed is hard. We have been on the Grand and Majestic recently and I slept like a baby. My Medallion is not working well on the ship. Only some functions work and some have the white screen. Worked better at home. Room Stewardess said there are issues. Internet is fine however but I had problem with Cruise Critic itself not showing I was logged in when I am. Hope this posts . I lost my previous post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, andydunn said:

Can anyone on board use JouneyView in the app. It's been non functional for us since we boarded.

Back to paper for planning I suppose

No can't use it at all. Other functions not working. Tried to see our account (for charges) and also not working. Dine my way worked and then stopped. Tried to order FCD on the TV and that function also not working. Since we have been on recent Medallion ships, everything was perfect so this ship has some things to work out.Still glad we are aboard and enjoying a beautiful new ship.

7 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Did you ever get your bag?  My friend didn’t get hers until late so we were wondering if it was lost.

Received it over an hour after sailaway while getting ready for 1830 dinner at Crown Grill.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, andydunn said:

Can anyone on board use JouneyView in the app. It's been non functional for us since we boarded.

Back to paper for planning I suppose

Try using discovery.Princess.com   On other ships recently this format would take you to the old Princess at sea format and worked well.  

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

My back was killing me all night on these new beds. I am going to pull the sheet and check what I am sleeping on. Feels like a pad under the sheet.Bed is hard.

I felt the same way about our mattress & pillows…harder than on other ships.

1 hour ago, Centsless_Cruiser said:

Similar or slightly better than the Majestic 2 weeks ago.  Princess seems to have some type of issues with MedallionNet.

Same in the middle of the night & worse at 0800 for downloads but better for uploads: 1.82 down; 3.4 up. It takes numerous attempts to post anything & hopefully it works this time. 🤞

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I felt the same way about our mattress & pillows…harder than on other ships.

That's disappointing to me. I really enjoy those soft and comfy Princess beds.