New Eden Menu on Edge

RICCruisers

I’m not sure this has been reported on CC. I just read on another social media site that the menu in Eden on Edge has changed this week to mimic the menu on Apex. I checked the X App and it was confirmed. For those of you that loved the previous menu, you may be disappointed. It’s more of a standard appetizer, entree and dessert menu. It’s a nice variety, but definitely a significant change from the previous unique offerings. We will miss the old menu, but will also give the new one a try. 

If this has already been posted, accept my apologies. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, as3369 said:

My hubby and I were not a fan of the Eden menu on the Edge.  Disappointed because of all the rave reviews.  

I didn’t like the menu either, I sure the view was amazing. Could have eaten there for free because of our suite.

That is great news!!!  Eden on Apex was our favourite meal on board for food and ambience.  This was reflected in how difficult it was to get reservations later in our cruise despite only 1100 guests on board.  By comparison our Edge cruise one week later had similar number of guests but you could easily book Eden on any night and any time. Seems cruisers have spoken with what menu they prefer!

I'll be eating there tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think. Although I have nothing to base it on since this is our 1st trip on an Edge class. When we 1st boarded and went to Fine cut to make our 4 reservations for the week we were told they couldn't do Eden as they had a new menu and we had to actually go to Eden to make the reservation. 

I can say this we were on the Odyssey of the seas a couple months ago and ate at Chops, and ate at Fine Cut a couple nights ago. Almost identical. Even the menus are very similar. Thick cut bacon, exactly as it was at Chops. Steak dead even for taste and presentation.  The one thing I missed from Fine Cut was soup, no soup on the menu at all. "No soup for you!!🤣"

We did enjoy La Petite Chef Chef last night. Thought it was going to be corny and mediocre food but it really good. 

20220329_204959.thumb.jpg.67369f6d4bd988549af24a2bc8d51f6e.jpg

20220329_205004.thumb.jpg.54445051ef8513154fb44b00c8249bb7.jpg

Sorry not sure why it turned them sideways. 

I did Eden on the Edge last summer & Apex this spring. Both were terrific, but I am disappointed.

I loved BOTH menus for their differences!

Mom & I each got a different item for nearly ever course on the Edge so we could try it all--and it was all SO good! And we were not stuffed when we went.

DH & I each got 2 appys on the Apex...OMG, the portions are bigger than those in the MDRs. The problem was everything was so delicious it was hard to stop eating! After the fact I realized I had chose 2 heavier options. Tried to just eat half of everything & was uncomfortably full at the end. Quite literally I was not hungry for DAYS.

Small edge to Apex--a LITTLE better food. (forgive the pun).

But I LOVE the several course, smaller portions on the Edge. 

So really it's a tie.