No more birthday decorations?

Eli_6

My 7 year old son wants to have his "birthday party" on our upcoming Alaskan cruise rather than have a birthday party at home.  I was going to buy decorations for his stateroom, but they only have just married ones. Didn't they used to have happy birthday decorations?  We are flying to Seattle for this cruise (from Texas) and I don't really want to have to haul decorations with me or worry about trying to find some in an unfamiliar city the night before.  Any idea if there is anyone I could contact to find out if they still do this?

Edited by Eli_6

1 minute ago, Eli_6 said:

My 7 year old son wants to have his "birthday party" on our upcoming Alaskan cruise rather than have a birthday party at home.  I was going to buy decorations for his stateroom, but they only have just married ones. Didn't they used to have happy birthday decorations?  We are flying to Seattle for this cruise (from Texas) and I don't really want to have to haul decorations with me or worry about trying to find some in an unfamiliar city the night before.  Any idea if there is anyone I could contact to find out if they still do this?

Try Guest Administration 1-800- 438-6744

• Like 1

Same thing happened to me, I had a similar post.  Called CCL and was told the Bon Voyage or Wedding was all that was offered.  I opted for the Bon Voyage, although my and my cruise girlee woulda got a chuckle out of the "Just Married/Honeymoon" decore and cake😅.

Wondering if you had the same experience or were able to get the BDAY???

They do still have the birthday cakes, and they are quite yummy!  I know you said you didn't want to take decorations, but it's easily doable. We do this for Christmas cruises. Have your son help - I bet he would enjoy it!  You can get all kinds of inexpensive and lightweight/flat items (easily packable) at dollar stores, such as signs and garland.  There were a number of cabins with doors decorated for birthdays on our cruise last week.  Good luck!

• Like 1

I decorate our room for my kids.  Simple dollar tree decorations.  They all fit in the front pocket of my luggage.  Unless you wanna go all out you really don't need too much.  Window cling & a banner is what i do.  My daughter was able purchase it for my room decorated earlier this year.  It didn't seem like much though, 1 magnetic banner, 2 or 3 hanging ones, towel & pic frame, also strawberries I guess instead of cake. It was a nice surprise, made my day.

• Like 2

We had a canvas door banner made, can add photos or whatever you like. They roll up and could also be made horizontal for in room display. 

As mentioned above, many decor options that are flat that "pop" open and can be displayed. Some magnets and/or easy release tape strips and you could decorate yourself in a few minutes. 

Have another family member keep your son busy for a few minutes and viola'

• Like 2

Someone asked this on John Heald's FB page a few days ago.   He said Carnival was in the process of getting all new decorations and would have everything back up as soon as the new style was available.

• Like 2

Hope they make it back in stock before our family cruise in September.  My brother and his girlfriend will be cruising for the 1st time with hubby and I, and my mom and dad.  We have had to reschedule several times and waited over 3 years since booking, to finally get them on the cruise (took so long, that now it is his girlfriend going instead of his now ex-wife lol!).  Wanted to get room decorated as a surprise for them.  I saw the same thing when I went to order, only the "just married" available for decorations.

15 hours ago, wemjam said:

Hope they make it back in stock before our family cruise in September.  My brother and his girlfriend will be cruising for the 1st time with hubby and I, and my mom and dad.  We have had to reschedule several times and waited over 3 years since booking, to finally get them on the cruise (took so long, that now it is his girlfriend going instead of his now ex-wife lol!).  Wanted to get room decorated as a surprise for them.  I saw the same thing when I went to order, only the "just married" available for decorations.

John said on the Facebook post they expect by the end of the month. 

• Like 2

I agree with the others about bringing them. I was worried it would be a hassle too but it was super simple. I bought a few paper signs, a banner and a bag of balloons from the dollar tree and packed them under my clothes in the suitcase. Used the command sticky tape and spent less than $8 and maybe 10 mins putting it up.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 80sGal said:

Someone asked this on John Heald's FB page a few days ago.   He said Carnival was in the process of getting all new decorations and would have everything back up as soon as the new style was available.

That's good to know! My BFF and I are cruising together on a girls cruise in October and while we aren't cruising over her birthday, it will be her birthday month, so I was going to surprise her with some birthday decor! I was bummed when I didn't see it listed on the online shop any longer! I could bring my own...but not sure I'll be able to sneak away and decorate and honestly I'd prefer someone else do it for me so I can enjoy the first day of our cruise! 🙂

22 hours ago, jerseygirlinAZ said:

We purchased the Cat in the Hat decor on our last cruise and will use them again when we cruise in May and July (which is our daughter's bday cruise).  Will probably hit the Dollar Store for a few bday things for the July cruise as well.  

I didn't even see the Cat in the Hat on the website, though.  All I saw were the Honeymoon ones.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 9:49 AM, LHARTWICK said:

They do still have the birthday cakes, and they are quite yummy!  I know you said you didn't want to take decorations, but it's easily doable. We do this for Christmas cruises. Have your son help - I bet he would enjoy it!  You can get all kinds of inexpensive and lightweight/flat items (easily packable) at dollar stores, such as signs and garland.  There were a number of cabins with doors decorated for birthdays on our cruise last week.  Good luck!

The ceiling and doors are magnetic too- that is how Carnival hangs them up without damage. Walls ai also recall being sort of magnetic but on last refurbished Radiance cruise magnets did not stick to the walls. 

Be cautious- “ Carnival sources fire resistant type” but never saw decoration rules posted other than no tape. 

On 4/26/2022 at 6:49 PM, Jeni99 said:

I see it available now to buy for our cruise https://www.carnival.com/special-occasion-gifts-cabin-decor/state-room-decorations/happy-birthday-stateroom-decor-NH0

Hope it shows for your s now too! 🙂

Just looked for our June Magic cruise.  Still "just married" for sale.  Dollar store it will be!!

9 hours ago, pe4all said:

Just looked for our June Magic cruise.  Still "just married" for sale.  Dollar store it will be!!

Must vary by ship. A friend just boarded the Breeze yesterday (Saturday) and posted a picture of her birthday decorations.