Anyone seeing any Covid counts on RC ships?

Curious where Royal is having passengers with covid to quarantine on the ship?  Have read on Celebrity boards that quarantining on some of the Celebrity ships has been in an OV cabin.  I would definitely want a balcony since that is what I booked..

We disembarked the Harmony last Sunday. I'm 74 and husband 87.  Vaccinated x4, last booster 4/8/22.  We tested ourselves 5 days after disembarking and negative.  Never had any symptoms and had no masking the entire cruise with 5,000 passengers.  Didn't see any reports of Covid and didn't see any passenger overtly sick.  We went to the shows and dined in many places.  Avoided close contact with anyone we didn't know or unknown vaccination status.  BUT I will say I believe (my opinion and not confirmed) our Concierge was sick with Covid//or something like Covid.  She disappeared on Wed and on Tuesday during the morning  I observed while working she seemed to be coughing and getting sicker by the minute.  Hope she's better since I never saw her again.  Never had close contact with anyone..more than 15 minutes within less than 6 feet so I  was sorry she was ill but we weren't worried. for ourselves. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bunzini said:

Curious where Royal is having passengers with covid to quarantine on the ship?  Have read on Celebrity boards that quarantining on some of the Celebrity ships has been in an OV cabin.  I would definitely want a balcony since that is what I booked..

You won't get a balcony. You might get a window. Doesn't matter what you booked. 

1 hour ago, bunzini said:

Majority of people go to quarantine in an OV cabin usually somewhere near the medical center.  Varies per ship.

Doesn't matter if you booked the most expensive suite on the ship, you typically do not get to stay in your same cabin.  There are some people that test positive the last full day and were able to stay there.

• Like 1

Going soon on Adventure out of Bayonne! Anyone onboard seeing covid19?
Reposition cruise from gavelston Texas?

Fingers crossed and vaccinated and double boosted too! Bringing masks 😷 and covid19 test kits for room. Gonna use stairs and maybe break even on weight gain!🤣

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

There are some people that test positive the last full day and were able to stay there.

I think the latest CDC recommendation is to allow guests to stay in the cabin if there's less than 36 hours left in the cruise.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TennisCruiser62 said:

When did you test? After you got off the ship? We were on Symphony and flew home last night. Tested negative so far. Hope you get better soon.

Saturday afternoon once we got home. Thank you!

4 hours ago, Liverpoolfan181 said:

@Jam0610Also Just got off Allure yesterday and several cases onboard. Had 7-10 vans hauling passengers to quarantine hotels post cruise.
Many on our FB page reporting symptoms last couple days of cruise and testing positive at home. 

I was on that cruise also and ended up getting it. I’m positive I got it on the ship since I have been on for the last 3 cruises and am on the next one now. Last week I didn’t leave the ship so that’s where I got it. Started feeling crappy today and tested positive. They will move me to a covid room in the morning.

My concern is getting home. We live about 5 miles from the port and usually Uber here. I don’t think it’s very responsible to take Uber right now. Maybe Royal will drive us there. If we did use Uber we would wear N95 masks and ask them to open the windows. As long as my husband continues to test negative we are thinking he will Uber home and then come back and get me. At least this is only a 6 day cruise.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 4

On 5/9/2022 at 6:21 AM, cementhands said:

Going soon on Adventure out of Bayonne! Anyone onboard seeing covid19?
Reposition cruise from gavelston Texas?

Fingers crossed and vaccinated and double boosted too! Bringing masks 😷 and covid19 test kits for room. Gonna use stairs and maybe break even on weight gain!🤣

We are also sailing on the Adventure in a couple of weeks.  Hope no covid.  However, we have heard of many people, friends and relatives, who are fully vaccinated getting covid now.  The cases are very mild, most think a little cold.  Fortunately we are also fully vaccinated.  This is minimizing my concerns about serious illness.

Edited by Cruise a holic

On 5/6/2022 at 10:27 AM, smokeybandit said:

case counts are meaningless, especially as many areas continue to insist on testing healthy people (something some countries have stopped doing)

I agree.  The point that was being made was to those that pay attention to the meaningless ‘case count’ stat.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 2:52 AM, ReneeFLL said:

I was on that cruise also and ended up getting it. I’m positive I got it on the ship since I have been on for the last 3 cruises and am on the next one now. Last week I didn’t leave the ship so that’s where I got it. Started feeling crappy today and tested positive. They will move me to a covid room in the morning.

My concern is getting home. We live about 5 miles from the port and usually Uber here. I don’t think it’s very responsible to take Uber right now. Maybe Royal will drive us there. If we did use Uber we would wear N95 masks and ask them to open the windows. As long as my husband continues to test negative we are thinking he will Uber home and then come back and get me. At least this is only a 6 day cruise.

I'm so sorry to hear this news! Been following your other thread and hope you continue to be well looked after. I can only dream of a B2B2B2B coming from Toronto 🙂 Hope the other weeks were glorious. We loved every second, however seems everyone is dropping like flies from the sailing.  Wishing you continued good health and speedy recovery!