On Harmony now, wife got Covid!

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Sorry if I missed it.  Any reports on how many have Covid?  I am boarding tomorrow and read about the cases in the FB group 

What group? I’m I the group for this sailing, nobody said boo. I heard 15 early in the week but nobody would give a straight up answer, not even the Guest Services Manager when I asked her in her office. 

Bottom line, they are not treating her well. I was told the doctor will NOT see her unless she’s experiencing a medical emergency. Gave her some meds but nothing is making her feel better. Gave her meds with no instruction on dosage, time etc. 

Yes, they gave her internet, but we had it already, and charged for movies so far but I’m sure that’ll be credited. She is able to order whatever she wants to eat. They got her Izumi for lunch yesterday, had lobster from the mdr last night but when they brought her the coffee in a to go soup container that was ridiculous. I had to fight tooth and nail to get her a tea kettle. When you’re sick like that you NEED tea, not wait for tea for over an hour.  Only one day to go!  Maybe I’ll hit up the Solo Cruisers meetup! 🤣🤣

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

What group? I’m I the group for this sailing, nobody said boo. I heard 15 early in the week but nobody would give a straight up answer, not even the Guest Services Manager when I asked her in her office. 

Bottom line, they are not treating her well. I was told the doctor will NOT see her unless she’s experiencing a medical emergency. Gave her some meds but nothing is making her feel better. Gave her meds with no instruction on dosage, time etc. 

Yes, they gave her internet, but we had it already, and charged for movies so far but I’m sure that’ll be credited. She is able to order whatever she wants to eat. They got her Izumi for lunch yesterday, had lobster from the mdr last night but when they brought her the coffee in a to go soup container that was ridiculous. I had to fight tooth and nail to get her a tea kettle. When you’re sick like that you NEED tea, not wait for tea for over an hour.  Only one day to go!  Maybe I’ll hit up the Solo Cruisers meetup! 🤣🤣

The group sailing tomorrow said that there are reports of covid on the ship now meaning your sailing

My wife had COVID on Allure in November an I think RCCL done an outstanding job taking care of us. We had no complaints. I think they are doing an excellent job of keeping people safe but they need to go back to serving people.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, poocher said:

Pretty sure crew were all wearing KN95s on Harmony in March.

We were on Harmony for the two weeks preceding this cruise, and all of the crew were wearing KN95 masks in public areas, and quite a few were double masked. (although some of them were pulling them down when there were no passengers around.)

If there was another RCL ship at Coco Cay along with Harmony (we had Independence along side of us on both legs), then you are comingling ~8,000 people from two different ships sailing from two different home ports with two completely different landside covid profiles. IMHO, not the best idea they could have come up with.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, wayne_trisha said:

Last few cruises we have not noticed many trays in the hallway which is my indicator of room service.

On Anthem's April 17 sail, there were lots of trays in the hallway on the 11th deck, but it also sailed with 1,200 kids.  In one instance, someone kicked one of the trays and leftovers were strewn all over the place.  This was early in the AM prior to crew/cabin attendants coming on duty.

29 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We were on Harmony for the two weeks preceding this cruise, and all of the crew were wearing KN95 masks in public areas, and quite a few were double masked. (although some of them were pulling them down when there were no passengers around.)

If there was another RCL ship at Coco Cay along with Harmony (we had Independence along side of us on both legs), then you are comingling ~8,000 people from two different ships sailing from two different home ports with two completely different landside covid profiles. IMHO, not the best idea they could have come up with.

Independence was there at the same time as Anthem on our April 17 sail.  We disembarked after Independence and had to search for loungers.  Anthem sailed at 80% capacity and lots of folks on the island.  Noticed some crew members were allowed to get off and enjoy the Island.

Just now, Jimbo said:

Anyone notice a trend here? when protocols get laxed on the ships.  Covid positives  cases onboard seem to go back up.

Anyone notice that when cases fluctuate on land, they fluctuate onboard, regardless of protocols?  It's the nature of the virus.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, BND said:

Anyone notice that when cases fluctuate on land, they fluctuate onboard, regardless of protocols?  It's the nature of the virus.

Probably though on land if you went out and found a 1000 people less would have Covid then if you went on a cruise ship and found a 1000 people more on a cruise ship would have Covid because of the close contact on a confined cruise ship that you don't have on land in most settings. I know I have not come in close contact with 1000 people in the last 7 days.

On a Cruise ship times those chances by 4  or 5 for 4000 or 5000 people?

There lies the difference with this virus.

The closer you are to contact with people the more chances you have in getting it. Plain and Simple.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

OP said she has to drink coffee from a cardboard cup  I guess like the ones you get in the DL.😇

Room service food is different than going to MDR not sure what you menu looks like for the Red zone quarantine area.

The OP said that the coffee came in a cardboard soup container. If true, that's a little different than a cardboard coffee cup. 

2 hours ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

What's a soup container🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

You need to get out more  🤣

image.jpeg.fa09b7e4c1021cac92d045ec26a9d1f7.jpeg

And that's what she got. Or just a stock photo🤔

FWIW, I don't see much of a difference from the typical cardboard cups on the ship.

Just now, John&LaLa said:

FWIW, I don't see much of a difference from the typical cardboard cups on the ship.

That's just a stock photo like you would get at a Wawa, etc. The Lid is reinforced so it doesn't come off that easy with hot items in it so  you don't get burnt. I miss my Wawa's in NJ 😞

John, everything doesn't just come from a Coastal Kitchen.  lol

• Haha 2

Oh well, at the end of the day; I don’t care how many positive cases are on-board. We are past that phase of Covid; we have learned a lot, it just doesn’t matter. 

Everything in my ER, ICU, and CCU have returned to basically normal pre 2020 operations. My mindset, whether I’m on a ship, plane, or land, has likewise returned to a pre 2020 state. 

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 13

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

That's just a stock photo like you would get at a Wawa, etc. The Lid is reinforced so it doesn't come off that easy with hot items in it so  you don't get burnt. I miss my Wawa's in NJ 😞

John, everything doesn't just come from a Coastal Kitchen.  lol

Great, didn't know there was a WaWa onboard.

Personally, I'd prefer this.

Screenshot_20220507-110553_Google.thumb.jpg.e6b0725211a627a07c04a24ccb4770bc.jpg

BTW, the CK reference went over my head

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

18 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

At least this has a top.  On Anthem's recent sail, you could not get a top in the WJ to take coffee out as they are made of plastics.  However, you could get plastic lids in the D lounge and the promenade cafe.  Pax were bringing plastic lids form the cafe to the WJ.😆

Just now, nelblu said:

At least this has a top.  On Anthem's recent sail, you could not get a top in the WJ to take coffee out as they are made of plastics.  However, you could get plastic lids in the D lounge and the promenade cafe.  Pax were bringing plastic lids form the cafe to the WJ.😆

Yea, I was wondering why plastic lids still exist.

Never seen them not available. Sleeves are often in short supply.

FWIW, we don't know that this is what the OP got anyway.😉

6 hours ago, cementhands said:

We’re going soon and I’m bringing covid19 test🤧, got some free at ymca, to test in room so we’ll know if we get covid19.
Also bringing masks😷 for indoor.

Trying to use stairs and not elevators. Should be a good workout! Maybe even break even on weight gain, 🤣

But since we’re booked and going Thursday and double vaccinated and double boosted and not getting any younger we’re going!

Earl Weaver the great little coach of the Baltimore Orioles 🏆passed away on a cruise ship. Celebrity I believe! Always thought it was a nice way to go🙏 

He passed away from a heart attack on a Celebrity ship in 2013.   I hope I don't go that way!

I hope you have a great cruise with perfect weather!

14 hours ago, topnole said:

I’m talking about the health survey.  I thought if someone reports symptoms consistent with Covid they would be flagged and potentially denied boarding.  Isn’t that why they do the health survey?  I just assumed they wouldn’t be letting people on who were just sick and went to a doctor for treatment as the OP stated happened.  

Yes the questionnaire does ask if you have experienced any covid like symptoms in the last 10-days.    

• Like 1

Thought I had a pic of the actual soup container they brought but don’t have it. Meanwhile they tested me yesterday, had to wait til about 11am to get the test and they said that they’d call with results.  Had to register with their service so was able to see the negative result within the hour. They NEVER called me!  After I went on with my day, I went to the pool this morning after the WJ breakfast, then went back to the room to do a little packing. As I was walking toward my room I see the nurse with a cart in a gown and a mask walking towards me and I said, uh oh! Another one down!!   My room attendant flagged her down as I was walking towards her and she  said get in your room and put your mask on!  They were there for me!!!!  Nobody said a word about me testing again!  Took the test, waited about 45 minutes and it came back negative again! So…room attendant told me that if I wasn’t there for the test I would have to go to medical and pay!  NOBODY said boo about me testing again!  Luckily I’m negative, posting from Izumi!  Part of me wishes I was positive so I could commiserate with my wife who is not feeling well and I miss her so much!

• Like 12

10 hours ago, sgmn said:

At least normally with room service you get proper cutlery and plates and it's not a 24/7 experience with no other access to other foods/drinks

Cruise ships are following the guidance that was set by the CDC conditional sail order and want the crew to have the least amount of contact that includes the use of food being delivered in take out boxes and plasticware that can be disposed.      They will give you water/soda in bottles, no glasses, no mugs, etc.    I heard reports of passengers getting bottles of wine delivered to their quarantine cabin and having to drink out paper cups.     My understanding from a discussion with some crew members is Everything from that quarantine cabin gets thrown out (linens, towels, etc.) after the passenger disembarks.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

Ever had room service for breakfast in the Red Zone?  Didn’t say the food on the ship is crappy. It’s actually quite good. 

How is your Wife feeling?     Okay enough for the long drive home to NJ?

5 hours ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

They probably gave her the basic cold medicine consisting of dayquil, nightquil, tylenol or advil and maybe some cough drops.      At least this is what others have said they received when experiencing systems.     

Yes, that is standard protocol for the Doc onboard.    They only visit if the person is experiencing high fever and/or difficulty with breathing.     

If she is feeling this bad maybe you want to stay in a hotel near port instead of driving back home to NJ.    

You are right Tea is nice to have when feeling sick and it is good she has you as your advocate to help get her what she wants/needs.    

• Like 1