Runny noise gives 24 hours of isolation on Odyssey. Be warned.

47 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

kinda hard to protect yourself if your nurse/doctor sneezes you right in the face.

Like I said - first responders are sent back to work even after testing positive for Covid right here right now because of the staff shortage.

All wearing N95 masks so there should be no sneezing in anyone's face.  Not to mention, almost no one has symptoms past 5 days.

3 hours ago, Citrons said:

I had negative antigen tests on Monday 16th may Tuesday and Wednesday - it would be pointless doing a PCR test.

Antigen only turned faint positive Wednesday evening in which case i went for a PCR test. 

Too many people brushing the sore throat on the odyssey. I had zero fever or temperature, zero cough, zero runny nose, zero loss of smell etc. Only odyssey covid symptom was a sore throat which turned out to be covid.

I suspect most of our wider group had it but because they all had sore throats on the cruise but they had their 4th vaccine 2 weeks before the cruise and prob why it was so mild in them.

If you had no symptoms why did you keep testing? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BND said:

All wearing N95 masks so there should be no sneezing in anyone's face.  Not to mention, almost no one has symptoms past 5 days.

that's nice. No one is wearing masks in any of the clinics, doctor's offices or hospitals around here anymore. Well, change that to "hardly anyone" because I do.

P.S. My dad got covid at the doctor's office 2 years ago.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

7 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

No way to know where it got covid. That's a guess.

well, he didn't go anywhere else at that time... only to his doctor's appointment. Everything else was closed and shut down at the time. Even parks.

P.S. My dad is not an it.

24 minutes ago, BND said:

Dr's aren't?  Nurses aren't?  Medical facilities are the only place that masks are still required in VA (and have been the entire time).  So, Dr's, Dentists, Physical Therapy, hospitals.  All employees are wearing masks.

nope. 

1 hour ago, BND said:

Dr's aren't?  Nurses aren't?  Medical facilities are the only place that masks are still required in VA (and have been the entire time).  So, Dr's, Dentists, Physical Therapy, hospitals.  All employees are wearing masks.

NJ too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Does anyone else giggle when reading the thread title?  "Runny noise" makes me say "go get maintenance".

Ya know, I’ve been reading this thread for about a week and I never noticed “noise” until you pointed it out !  Too funny

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BND said:

Was at Dentist a couple weeks ago and no one in their office was wearing masks except the dentist when he came into the room to examine.     

PA State rule is they are required at medical facilities but I keep hearing from friends and family that mask wearing at doctor's offices has been very lax with most having below their nose or none at all.   

1 hour ago, BND said:

In my area, there are no mask mandates, but several doctors I use do require them, like my PC doc and my orthopedic surgeon.  Ironically, I was seeing the ortho during the lockdown in 2020 as a follow-up to surgery that I had before then.  No one wore masks then and that was when the much more dangerous "original recipe" COVID was rampant.  This past week, I saw a podiatrist and he sent me to a local MRI imaging center.  No one in either office were wearing or requiring masks.  I think the podiatrist's office had a sign that said "please mask if not vaxed".  

3 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Does anyone else giggle when reading the thread title?  "Runny noise" makes me say "go get maintenance".

Cracks me up even more when the sniffle crew looking for free shyt and telling on themselves, end up in a inside or ocean view and then want to rage about the inhumanity when they got what they asked for lol. I saw on another sub thread where they were encouraging folks to bring tests and to test on the second to last day of the cruise (wink wink), symptoms or not, hoping to put the cruise line on the hook if they popped positive. Now they are indignant about the cruise lines saying they won't cover any extra costs any longer and telling passengers to buy insurance.

Well duh, I'm pretty sure they are well aware of the those abusing the system. It's insane what's going on and how some of these folks are behaving, as if they are trying to win the covid lottery and get free shyt for catching covid and telling on themselves. I hope the lines stick with it, these folks shouldn't be rewarded with free balconies, cruise credit, free movies, free room service, free internet etc, no wonder they are testing and hoping they "get lucky" lol. Save the balconies for the truly sick folks and keep the sniffle crew in insides, the problem may work itself out naturally. 😉   

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rudeney said:

Johnnie Walker, which is guaranteed to cure the common cold in 5-7 days.   

Or Faster! Was fortunate to spend about half my Military Career Serving with the first SGT had after joining the ARMY. Was my Best Friend, God Father to my Children, my Brother. Both of us having young Kids we'd both end up getting Cold's, Fever's, etc. I'd take the many Antibiotics and many Med's Dr's prescribed. As I struggling to get well my Buddy would get his Bottle of Johnnie Walker as he'd say "Sweat it out" over the Weekend... We lost him 11yrs ago

2 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I hope the lines stick with it, these folks shouldn't be rewarded with free balconies, cruise credit, free movies, free room service, free internet etc, no wonder they are testing and hoping they "get lucky" lol.

you think we want to spend our one vacation a year in quarantine on the ship in exchange for free movies and internet? I can have that at home without having to fly to a port and getting on a ship.

What a strange idea, indeed. It's crazy that I would want my family infected with this disease just so that I could lock us into a small cabin.

But if we end up in quarantine, I want something to watch, so that we along with our 11 yo kiddo don't go stir crazy. I can be very content reading books (will bring 3 just in case), but neither my DH nor my DS are into reading. Free wifi and some movies are not a reward. They are just a means to have some fun.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

I'm very surprised to read there are hospitals without mask requirements. Still required of all staff and visitors at my place of work. 

I find it very hard to believe.  I don't know of any medical facility that doesn't require masking by staff and patients.  Not that I believe masks are the panacea that some think.  I bet the numbers are no different where masking isn't required vs where it is.

Edited by BND

1 hour ago, BND said:

I find it very hard to believe.  I don't know of any medical facility that doesn't require masking by staff and patients.  Not that I believe masks are the panacea that some think.  I bet the numbers are no different where masking isn't required vs where it is.

The hospital system I work at still has patients and staff masked in all patient care areas. One of the few places in Idaho you will still see masks. 

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Or Faster! Was fortunate to spend about half my Military Career Serving with the first SGT had after joining the ARMY. Was my Best Friend, God Father to my Children, my Brother. Both of us having young Kids we'd both end up getting Cold's, Fever's, etc. I'd take the many Antibiotics and many Med's Dr's prescribed. As I struggling to get well my Buddy would get his Bottle of Johnnie Walker as he'd say "Sweat it out" over the Weekend... We lost him 11yrs ago

Thank you (and your dearly departed Buddy) for your service!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BND said:

Masks no longer required when I visit my mother in hospital. She has never ever been wearing a mask when I went to see her over the past 2 years (when I had to) 

Edited by little britain