The Daily for Friday 05/20/2022

richwmn

11 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Sandi, my DM's lung cancer was found on a routine abdominal CT for something else.  Several xrays and a CT later and a lung bx and 4 months, she was having radiation.  Dr says they found it quite early and she is cancer free.  Prayers for Melinda that the same happens for her.

Thank God for that Sharon.  Your DM is blessed!

• Like 15

Good afternoon.  I had thought I would mow the yard today, but it will either be tomorrow morning or Sunday morning.  It will also be done with the old mower as the one on order is still MIA.  Amazon says it made it from Colorado to Ft. Worth, while UPS says it's been in Ft. Worth since Friday morning and a label was created.  So who knows when or if it will get here.  We're not canceling the order and reordering since we got it for the sale price.

@atexsix  Bruno, wishing you and DD safe travels tomorrow and BON VOYAGE  on Sunday.  Both HAL and Princess have their good points and we sail on both.

@Dismomx5  Welcome home.  Glad you had a good trip and a lot of grandkid hugs.  Enjoy getting ready for your cruise.

@Heartgrove  Glad you DSIL is feeling better, but sorry she is still testing positive.  Hope she tests negative soon.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, sorry about your friend Melinda's diagnosis.  Hope the newer treatments can work wonders.

@TiogaCruiser Our condolences on the loss of your friend's mother who was a second mother to you.

@aliaschief  Safe travels to day.  Enjoy your visit with family.

Lenda

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

At  Newark airport. TSA pulled me to the front of the precheck line, possibly because I look ancient? Had a snack in the LH lounge; Austrian feeds biz passengers well but it could be 90 minutes or more into the flight before they think we have imbibed enough Wachau wine.

• Like 22

48 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

At  Newark airport. TSA pulled me to the front of the precheck line, possibly because I look ancient? Had a snack in the LH lounge; Austrian feeds biz passengers well but it could be 90 minutes or more into the flight before they think we have imbibed enough Wachau wine.

Safe travels and enjoy your cruise.

Lenda

• Like 11

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

Sounds like things are off to a good start.  Safe travels!

• Like 9

I am very tired today. Had to pick up the flowers for a memorial service then help serve the food and clean up afterwards. That is okay, it is what I do as a member of the Hearts in Service ministry of church.

The meal and the wine of the day look very good to me. I have not been to the port so I am enjoying the photos, thank you to all who posted. 

I am feeling a bit more confident about my cruise next week, got my haircut, have appointment for mani/pedi along with my Covid test next Wed. Still frustrated that I am unable to see what was entered on ArriveCan and I am unable to complete that until 72 hours before the cruise. Then I have to hope that I can get a "receipt" printed as my ancient cell phone would not allow me to download and use the app. Now I find that I need to download another app called Verifly ( if my phone will allow me to)and complete that. Navigator is up to date and working although as of now I can't see the menu's for different days. As soon as this cruise is over I plan to get a new phone.

I have had to close my Bank of Mangino to family loans as some of my in-laws children believe that I am a millionaire.Does anyone have any recommendations for an easy cell phone for an 80 years old who is basically computer illiterate to learn to use that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? 

Jane

Edited by lazey1
  • Like 16

On 5/20/2022 at 6:54 AM, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning Everyone,  thanks for the daily report.   Yesterday was an in office day and it felt odd leaving the house.  I'll wait for @dfish pictures and recipes before deciding on today's meal suggestion.   I think my cats are living like millionaires. 

My back door with a souvenir from Ketchikan. 

20220519_071211.thumb.jpg.ccd90191ed0f04913897b52df882dff0.jpg

Your picture to recognize you on your next cruise out of Boston>?

34 minutes ago, gdy0354 said:

Your picture to recognize you on your next cruise out of Boston>?

My mug shot is good for radio😁.  If you’re on the Zaandam 6/25 sailing I’m sure we can meet.  If your on the roll call we can have an unofficial meet and greet set up.