Reservations for Blu needed?

sboddy

We are sailing in an aquaclass cabin on Equinox in June. On the online cruise planner I see Celebrity Select Dining as an option for reservations.

If I do reserve ahead of time do they know it is for Blu or is this for the main dining room.  - to me it looks like the MDR . 

Secondly, do you need / recommend reservations at Blu? 

Thanks!

UPDATE: apologies found the answer in another thread. Seems like the cruise planner is not correct as Blu does not take reservations. 

Edited by sboddy
found answer

Blu doesn’t take reservations but, in my experience they will reserve tables at specific times for groups of six or more. I have travelled with groups of six and eight and it helped us and it helped them manage the dining room. We had agreed to let them know if we were not coming or coming in smaller numbers.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, SbbquilterUT said:

Have fun!  Your Aqua cabin automatically assigns Blu as your dining.  No reservations needed but there was always a bit of a crowd early wanting a table by the window.  

nice to know.  I will sail in November and doing an Aqua class on Equinox.  I had a large amount of credit from 2021 to use so I booked this class.

October '21 on the Equinox in Blu we had the same round table every night we dined there (even when we went for breakfast).  We loved our servers and location.  It was the same time each night but if we knew it would be slightly adjusted the next night then we would tell them before leaving.  Two nights we dined at specialty restaurants so we let them know (even though they already knew) so our table didn't have to be held.  We were a party of 4.   Excellent experience and staff.  

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl

Usually getting into Blu isn't difficult without reservation.   On one cruise the Maitre 'd was very stressed when talking to him he said when he opened at 5:30 about 95% of his guest all showed up and he was unable to seat all of them.   He said it had never happened before.   Luckily after the first night things smoothed out

On the rare occasion they are busy they will setup a list and asked to come back in about 15 minutes.   They really try to work with you. 

As said, no reservations needed or accepted.  But if you plan to eat at a certain time every day, if you talk with your host or hostess they will try to keep a table of your choice open for you.  We've rarely had issues getting a table, with the possible exception of Reflection which has more AQ cabins than other ships of its type.  If we want a particular waiter, on occasion we have had to wait 5-15 minutes or so.

4 hours ago, cruzzzinma said:

Blu doesn’t take reservations but, in my experience they will reserve tables at specific times for groups of six or more. I have travelled with groups of six and eight and it helped us and it helped them manage the dining room. We had agreed to let them know if we were not coming or coming in smaller numbers.

In fact they very much appreciate you letting them know in advance if you have a 6 or 8 top in play.  If you are at a table that large, please prepare for an elongated dining experience.  Not deathly slow, just elongated.

23 minutes ago, marieps said:

In fact they very much appreciate you letting them know in advance if you have a 6 or 8 top in play.  If you are at a table that large, please prepare for an elongated dining experience.  Not deathly slow, just elongated.

How many seats or tables are there usually in Blu?  Does it vary for each ship?

3 minutes ago, zitsky said:

How many seats or tables are there usually in Blu?  Does it vary for each ship?

I don't know the number of seats or tables, but Blu on the S-class ships is larger than on the M-class.    Similar to Luminae on the S-class ships Blu on the S-class ships is also somewhat divided into two "halves."

We prefer to dine early so we usually get to the dining room before it opens.  We noticed when we were there in April that they had removed one table from the 5 abreast from the windows to main aisle in each row to accommodate spacing.  Then there were all the others on the other side of the aisle.   This was on Eclipse.  The window tables are usually the first to go.  Sorry I have never counted the tables.

If you like beef don't miss the short ribs.  The Lava cake is awesome too.

Enjoy your cruise.

We have cruised in both Aqua and suites and in both Blu and Luminae we have found that if we go to dinner between 6:30 and 7:00 (our preferred times) we have never had to wait more than a couple of minutes for a table. The wrong time for either is when they first open as there will be a long line for tables, which as others have said above, will put a strain on the staff.