The Daily for Sunday 06/05/2022

richwmn

Shavuot

Today is World Environment Day, National Child's Day, and National Cancer Survivors Day

But better to get hurt by the truth than comforted with a lie.--Khaled Hosseini

Meal Suggestion for today - Pancetta And Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breast
Drink of the Day - Endless Summer Punch
Wine of the Day - Jose Maria da Fonseca 2018 Jose de Sousa Red (Alen
Destination of the Day - Messina, Italy

Ships With Passengers

Amsterdam, Netherlands North Holland

Rotterdam   07:00 - 17:00

At Sea

Eurodam   Destination Juneau, Alaska eta 06/06
Koningsdam   Destination Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska - Juneau, Alaska eta 06/06
Nieuw Statendam   Destination Isle of Portland, Weymouth, Dorset England eta 06/06

Civitavecchia-Rome, Italy

Oosterdam   07:00 - 19:00

Glacier Bay, Alaska

Zuiderdam   07:00 - 16:00

Quebec City, Canada

Zaandam   07:00 - 17:00

Vancouver, BC Canada

Nieuw Amsterdam   07:00 - 16:30

Whittier, Alaska

Noordam   01:00 - 16:00

Ukrainian Refugee Housing

Rotterdam Waalhaven

Volendam  

Ships Without Passengers

At Sea

Westerdam   Destination Seattle, WA eta 6/7

0605World.thumb.png.a7a8492fdb9384d4a1920c5007500ce4.png

• Like 32
  • Thanks 14

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! A lovely morning here. Yesterday was weird - weather wise. Spots of rain. Lots of sun. And then a period of heavy mist. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! Morning Dailyites. Thinking of you @kazu  Wishing you peace & comfort Jacqui. 

I am off to the gym and Aldi. Then who knows what I will do? 

Some of us do not learn our lessons the first time…

A0BF6BE3-4B38-4A93-8FB8-C1587E2AB1ED.jpeg.365b0e2c60815a0eaa66e57727611eb6.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Jose Maria da Fonseca 2018 Jose de Sousa

Another bit elusive red wine has excellent reviews, and if you can find it in North America might pay around $18.00 a bottle. In Portugal you might find it for $10 a bottle. BTW, amphorae are tall jars, usually ceramic. Their usage dates back to a client Greek & Roman days. 
92 Wine Enthusiast

Partially fermented in amphorae before wood aging, this wine has great richness and a fine open structure. It offers ripe tannins, generous black fruits and firm structure. Drink from 2022.  ROGER VOSS

• Like 32
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 4

Good afternoon.

It is 50°F and cloudy with rain expected soon.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich.

Happy Shavuot to our Jewish friends.

3 important days.

We should take care of our environment and our children and cancer survivors day is very important.

Today's food sounds nice.

Messina is a lovely port.

Prayers for everyone who is unwell.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220605_120957.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Chag Sameach.

Just got back from a walk with Bertie, nice and sunny this morning.  Today's high is supposed to be 22C (72F). 🙂

I like the quote but hope people use tact when stating the truth.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.  Hope the drink is tasty too.  The wine sounds good, thanks for the info @cat shepard

Thanks in advance for the pictures of Messina.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Stay safe.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for the Sunday Daily, Rich,  I will salute both care for the environment and children.  I just marked a quarter century since my surgery for prostate cancer.  I love the Hosseini quote but have not been to Messina.  Since I don't care for mushrooms I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Pinnacle Caesar Salad, Petit Filet, and Baked Alaska as served in the MS Prinsendam Pinnacle Grill on June 5, 2015. And thank you @grapau27 for today's sermon.

Today’s care list:

Sharon Dh and Bruno with covid
Malinda with stage 4 cancer
My cubmaster
Heartgrove older sister in hospice nearing the end
Buddy with continuing problems
Dismomx5 and DH in covid quarantine but feeling better
From the rotation:
StLouisSal with weakening legs
1Angelcat facing expensive medicines
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Strength, peace, and healing for kazu

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Platinum Jubilee for her Majesty
Volendam housing refugees
All but 1 BHB with guests
Heartgrove brother moved to rehab
Cruising-along great visit with grandsons in Yellowstone
Dfish productively following discharge instructions
Kochleffel and rafergus still negative
4 days for travelingbums (Jewel of the Seas, June 8-20)
Welcome home lazey1
StPeteCruiser (Ineuw Statendam to 6/10), Sharon in AZ (Oosterdam  to 6/13 + 6 days Venice) and StLouisCruisers and kb4683(Island Princess  to 6/29) at sea
Koningsdam Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 33
  • Thanks 9

Good morning. I like the days, and like most people my age I'm a 2 time skin cancer survivor.  The meal sounds so good.  Have not been to Italy, looking forward to the photo's.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Please continue to use caution and stay safe.  Wear your mask.

Endless Summer Punch:

Ingredients
1 part Cruzan® Pineapple Rum
1 part Cruzan® Aged Dark Rum
1 part Cruzan® Coconut Rum
2 parts Orange Juice
2 parts Lemonade
Pineapple Wedge

Instructions
Combine ingredients in a glass and serve over ice.

Screen Shot 2022-06-05 at 7.47.56 AM.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 8

Good Sunday morning. 

Captain Noel O'Driscoll in his sailaway from Vigo, Spain, yesterday, mentioned the good ship Statendam just completed 15 port days in a row. Has anyone ever cruised with more port days in a row than that? We have been on since Barcelona, so just 7 days for us.

Tomorrow is Portland, UK, a new port for me. The cruise ship dock was just completed in 2018. Weymouth is the nearby city with Stonehenge and Bath two of the nearby excursions. 

Lunch at the Dutch Cafe:

20220605_073001.jpg

20220605_073042.jpg

20220605_073109.jpg

Edited by St Pete Cruiser
Spelling
  • Like 35
  • Thanks 7

Good morning, everyone!

It is supposed to be a nice day today here in northeast Ohio.  Still no signs of my neighbors.  They went to London for their son's wedding and caught Covid.  They were supposed to come home on May 25th, but Covid changed those plans.  Last I heard, they were coming home yesterday, but there are no signs of them.  

My plans today are to do my laps around the block and then hit the grocery store.  I do have a Zoom meeting tonight with my family going to Norway with me.  Only six weeks!

Today's meal looks like a really good one.  Most of the recipes were the same recipe on different websites, but I did find a couple.  We'll start with this one:  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/pancetta-and-mushroom-stuffed-chicken-breast/

22067115_pancettaandmushroomchickenbreast1.jpg.2ebdabe250777d5d78014b31bf92137f.jpg

This one is a bit more involved and has an interesting sauce to go over the chicken.  

https://www.finecooking.com/recipe/chicken-breasts-with-mushroom-pancetta-stuffing-verjus-sauce

1453480299_pancettaandmushroomchickenbreast2.jpg.aed8508a4baaf25ce4c23473b21c2d8c.jpg

This last one isn't really stuffed with the pancetta, but has all the ingredients.  You stuff the chicken with mushrooms and boursin cheese and then wrap the chicken rolls in pancetta.  https://sosupersam.tumblr.com/post/21195085103/amp

1793225233_pancettaandmushroomchickenbreast3.jpg.3eba215d0c71fdf9fbdfd0d43dfc1ace.jpg

Update on neighbors:   Plane was delayed out of Heathrow so they missed their connecting flight in Chicago.  No hotel rooms available so they spent the night in the airport.  Flying in this morning.

Prayers for all who need them, especially Ukraine, victims of gun violence, and our Daily family members struggling with challenges.  Cheers to those who are celebrating and may all of you who are traveling have a better time of it than my neighbors.  Wishing everyone a great day!

• Like 33
  • Thanks 10

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

Thank you Graham, @grapau27, for the sermon.

Happy Shavuot!

Very important days to celebrate today. 

I like the quote, but, like Melanie, I hope people are tactful. The meal sounds delicious.

A quiet Sunday here with a couple of small chores and some time at the pool is what I'm thinking will be the agenda for today.

Have a blessed Sunday. 

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, and thank you Debbie for today's recipes. And thank you all for being here!

Received a call from my younger sister late in the evening about my brother and sister. My brother is having a hard time at the rehab facility. He still is having trouble swallowing so the feeding tube is still in place. They are wondering if he suffered a stroke as he is only moving one arm.

The inevitable seems to be near. My sister is failing exponentially now.  My younger sister said that she saw a huge difference between Friday and Saturday of my sister's condition. The plan is to move her to Inpatient Hospice Care as soon as a bed becomes available. Sue and I are planning to leave Tuesday for Chicago. 

Stay Safe!

- Jack

• Like 19
  • Thanks 18

1 minute ago, Heartgrove said:

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, and thank you Debbie for today's recipes. And thank you all for being here!

Received a call from my younger sister late in the evening about my brother and sister. My brother is having a hard time at the rehab facility. He still is having trouble swallowing so the feeding tube is still in place. They are wondering if he suffered a stroke as he is only moving one arm.

The inevitable seems to be near. My sister is failing exponentially now.  My younger sister said that she saw a huge difference between Friday and Saturday of my sister's condition. The plan is to move her to Inpatient Hospice Care as soon as a bed becomes available. Sue and I are planning to leave Tuesday for Chicago. 

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Prayers that your sister is kept comfortable in her last days.   Also prayers for your brother.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Praying for your family, Jack. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

Happy Sunday Dailyites!

@grapau27  Thank you for sending us Father David this morning.  Once again, he hit my heart.

I spent half of my work hours yesterday trying to figure out a new work schedule, and venting to my boss about why she took my scheduled call backs and gave them to my co worker. After work, I finally got to go grocery shopping.

I know bologna is not healthy food, but have you ever just wanted some to make easy to make sandwiches during a hectic week?  Well, Krogers did not have beef bologna.  And we got there too late to see any decent enough steaks for a shish ka bob on the grill tonight. So, while I shopped, I didn't get what I went for.  So, today it's off to the farmers market.  I wondered why when I saw the total it seemed low.  Oh, and no cat food either, so back out to Walmart.  So much for a day off.  The upside ?  the farmers market has Lebanon bologna.  Yummm.

a8877dd6a9e33770dec0aeecff7d283f.jpg

comical-Cat-Memes.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

A quick good morning before church. @HeartgroveJack prayers for your sister, brother and families. Being a cancer survivor I’m counting my Blessings. Looks like a beautiful day  out there.

Last night’s dinner was fine but our guest had to cancel due to an ailment. So a nice dinner for two followed by a movie.

Thanks for the Daily and may all of you have a great week.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. My DH is  a prostate cancer survivor of many years. Right now I find myself very concerned about our children and all they are facing in the world now.

We have not been to the port and I like the looks of today’s recipes. I will file them for another day as we are having  another outdoor BBQ. This time we invited our neighbor and his family as a thank you for all his help.The weather is gorgeous today so it should be a good time.

@ger_77, I thought about you and your DH a lot yesterday. I hope the ceremony went well and that you were able to meet your relatives. 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1