Message from NCL

trbarton

2 hours ago, fox02554 said:

but after the last 2 years and countless canceled cruise does anyone else's heart stop for a second when the see " message from NCL about your cruise " ????

I agree. I saw an important e-mail from NCL and wondered what terrible message could this be. Did our 2023 Prima cruise which we picked for the itinerary have its itinerary changed? Or was it cancelled (maybe chartered)? 

Instead I got the message about testing no longer required to fly back to the US. That might have been very relevant if our cruise was this summer, but who knows what rule changes will go into affect before the summer of 2023?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fox02554 said:

but after the last 2 years and countless canceled cruise does anyone else's heart stop for a second when the see " message from NCL about your cruise " ????

Every time.  Especially as we're within 30 days of our next cruise.

Edited by The Shrike

4 hours ago, fox02554 said:

Mine sure did!

Instead of NCL targeting those who will be entering the U.S. from another country with the letter, it looks like they just did a shotgun mailing to every one who has a cruise booked with them, regardless of geographic locale.

Lazy on their part?  Maybe.  They’d have to do a search and separate everyone out whose address is listed outside of the U.S.  I’m sure that takes some time and effort.

But, it would have alleviated the confusion.

The end result of the letter is anyone traveling to the U.S. from another country to take an NCL cruise is no longer required to be tested before crossing the boarder into the U.S.  It’s a repeat of the airlines lifting the requirement, but it also means if you’re crossing by vehicle, by another boat, by foot, any conveyance, you no longer have to show a negative COVID test.

The NCL sailings out of the U.S., still require a negative COVID test upon embarkation.  

We have booked a room at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport with the pre-cruise package that includes transport to the pier. We also chose one closer to the pier. Haven't decided on which one yet because we don't know when our flight gets in.

6 hours ago, fox02554 said:

I sure did.  And the fact it hit my email at 3:02 am didn't help ease my concerns.

6 hours ago, fox02554 said:

YES! I had a cruise cancelled in 2019 even before the cancelled cruises of the pandemic so, yes, a heart stopping moment, even a bit of anger for a second, when it was just info regarding testing that could be completely different when I board in 199 days.

Do they really need to send this for cruises more than a year away?

Anyone who isn't aware of the "problems" these days AND the yes/no, on/off, different requirements per cruiseline/nation/etc., or how often these change, including the entire situation... probably can't find their way onto the ship.

Send ONE "now" (just done, eh?) and then with every new reservation and then with every final payment perhaps.   All with reminders to pay attention when one crosses the street, too.

GC

• Like 1

3 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Instead of NCL targeting those who will be entering the U.S. from another country with the letter, it looks like they just did a shotgun mailing to every one who has a cruise booked with them, regardless of geographic locale.

Lazy on their part?  Maybe.  They’d have to do a search and separate everyone out whose address is listed outside of the U.S.  I’m sure that takes some time and effort.

But, it would have alleviated the confusion.

It’s a repeat of the airlines lifting the requirement, but it also means if you’re crossing by vehicle, by another boat, by foot, any conveyance, you no longer have to show a negative COVID test.

There hasn't ever been any requirement for a negative test when entering the US by land or sea, it was only for air travelers (which has now been ended).

10 hours ago, fox02554 said:

Yes, mine did.  🤣  My immediate thought was "what's been cancelled or changed?"   And then I read the body of the email, and it's ten day old news that I already knew.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, graphicguy said:

It’s a repeat of the airlines lifting the requirement, but it also means if you’re crossing by vehicle, by another boat, by foot, any conveyance, you no longer have to show a negative COVID test.

Except that you never did.

• Like 1

I have had 13 copies of the letter, one for each booked cruise!!!  I am from New Zealand and only 4 of those cruises have me going anywhere near and the USA and each pair of those cruises are B2B.

No problem after the "colly-wobbles" after the first one.

BUT no one can/will explain why one of my cruises disappeared from the website a fortnight ago; reappeared at the start of last week and disappeared again at the end of the week.  "Customer Service" communication "bah humbug", an absolute oxymoron.

20 hours ago, Rob_H said:

There hasn't ever been any requirement for a negative test when entering the US by land or sea, it was only for air travelers (which has now been ended).

Then some of the border crossings I’ve made into Canada didn’t get the message.  Twice I had to show a negative COVID test at the Canadian border.

Edited by graphicguy