Diamond/Diamond Plus Question

3 minutes ago, Bigbob7777 said:

If I become a diamond during the first week of a b2b, can I get it updated for the 2nd week?  Or do I have to wait a while for them to enter it?

The loyalty ambassador can update it in the system manually, just make sure you stop by and ask. 😀

3 minutes ago, Bigbob7777 said:

If I become a diamond during the first week of a b2b, can I get it updated for the 2nd week?  Or do I have to wait a while for them to enter it?

See the Loyalty Ambassador onboard and let them know. I have read that sometimes they will be able to make you Diamond for the 2nd half. Normally it takes a week or so for the computer system to credit your points.

1 hour ago, Bigbob7777 said:

Our experience yes. Stop by the LA desk early on your first leg and let the LA know. 

On 6/26/2022 at 1:53 PM, Another_Critic said:

The free D+ bag is for select articles only (underwear, socks, PJs, t-shirts, swimwear, shorts).  No pants, etc. but YMMV.

Absolutely – not the place for your fine silks 😂

On 6/29/2022 at 8:59 PM, crzndeb said:

Not necessarily. I travel solo, and for me, a martini or 2, and the snacks, are sometimes enough for dinner for me. 😉

Agree.  Plus, hanging out there (with kind people like yourself) and chatting was a good time.  Our Ovation cruise was near or at capacity when it sailed this past Spring.  Diamond Lounge was never crowded, and I went every day.  Sometimes for coffee (the Diamond Lounge coffee maker was WAY BETTER than what you would get in the Windjammer) in the a.m.

Sometimes I would just go for drinks and snacks pre-dinner, and ended up not going to dinner.

Can't recall our concierge's name, but he was excellent, too.  Took care of billing issues, booking my specialty dinners and excursions, so I didn't have to run around and do it myself.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 1:56 PM, RFerrington said:

I’ve always sent whatever I needed to the laundry and never had a problem. That being said, I would never send anything that couldn’t survive extremely harsh washing and drying conditions…but to my knowledge there is no specific list of items that qualify for the D+ complimentary laundry service.

Yes there is. A list on the form you send with the laundry. The list above is correct.

On 6/29/2022 at 9:42 AM, John&LaLa said:

Other than the true laundry service for Star Class, I have never been happy with bagged laundry. It comes back wrinkled and smelly. 

Haven't tried it in years because it was so bad

I find the same odd smell in the WJ napkins

Have used the bag 2 times per cruise for the last several, and never noticed a smell. I have a pretty good nose, too.

jc

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Have used the bag 2 times per cruise for the last several, and never noticed a smell. I have a pretty good nose, too.

jc

Smells like the napkins in Windjammer 

Put it this way, I dislike it so much, I'm bridging a Scrubba thingy on the World Cruise as a backup

Edited by John&LaLa

48 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Smells like the napkins in Windjammer 

Put it this way, I dislike it so much, I'm bridging a Scrubba thingy on the World Cruise as a backup

Downy sells a scent booster that you use in the wash. I wonder if you put a little in your shorts/pants pockets if that would help 

Edited by SummerBeee
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, SummerBeee said:

Downy sells a scent booster that you use in the wash. I wonder if you put a little in your shorts/pants pockets if that would help 

That is a great idea! Surely they aren’t checking all the pockets of all those pieces of clothing. 👍🏼

3 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

But coffee machine is not open 24/7.

It used to be, years ago....but no longer.   

For we "early risers" it's frustrating when they don't turn it on until almost 8 am.  Sometimes get lucky and is ready by 7 am...but not on all ships.  

Edited by island lady

3 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

But coffee machine is not open 24/7.

Depends on the ship.  I know some close during the night.  Plus the coffee machine will run out of milk, beans, etc. and be unusable until serviced.