What happens if you show up for boarding with no pass

A Sixth?

1 minute ago, A Sixth? said:

Have paper work from my travel agent but my printer is not talking to my wifi

Keep trying. Having all required documents makes the whole embarkation process more efficient. When is your cruise? 

7 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

A paper copy is more convenient, but a phone copy will get you on board. 

I have gotten used to using phone for airline boarding passes, find it easier to manage.  Now if I could just get DH comfortable with using phone vs paper😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

I have gotten used to using phone for airline boarding passes, find it easier to manage.  Now if I could just get DH comfortable with using phone vs paper😉

I agree for boarding a plane, and I do the same. When we get to the point where don't need covid test results to cruise, I expect I'll also use the phone for cruising.

However, for the time being, I've found it much easier on everyone to just hand someone paper copies of my express pass and test results. I tried fumbling with my phone for both and was like a monkey doing a certain something with a football. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, A Sixth? said:

I’m with bell so I’ll be patient 🥺

Sounds like a computer/printer interface problem rather than an internet provider problem if you can still connect to the internet on your computer.

Edited by mom says
  • Like 2

The only people that don't have the X Pass either on their phone or a paper copy are the folks that haven't registered online.  Check-in agents deal with this all the time.  These passengers show up with a packet of about 30 pages from their travel agency, but either the travel agent was too lazy to input the information, or didn't tell the client that they had to do it.

The counter agent will have to swipe the passport (or enter the birth certificate info), fill in the country of birth, the country of residence and the all important emergency phone number.  All of this could be done quickly at home.

If the passenger is willing to do the online registration themselves, the agents with the tablets should be able to embark them.  If not, then it's a trip to see a counter agent who can complete the online registration and print out a copy of the X pass.  Every passenger needs a Set Sail Pass to be able to board the ship.  It can be printed at the check-in counter if needed.

FYI, there is a cut off about 24 hours before the cruise that the system won't allow you to enter the information, or may not capture it even if you think you entered it 24 hours or so before your cruise.

54 minutes ago, A Sixth? said:

I remember the old days when we showed up and got processed 

who try’s to crash a boarding line up 🤯

You still can!  You must have original vaccination cards and passport and proof of negative test results but you don’t need to so anything else.  You can be processed at the terminal, just as before

My issue has always been that there are too many things that can go wrong with just having just the phone paperwork to board.  Having just the vaccination record, the negative COVID test record, the boarding pass, etc just on the phone, if you break your phone, crack the glass so the paperwork is illegible, phone goes dead, phone runs out of battery, etc, you're stuck.  You aren't boarding the ship.

Even if I had to go to an office supply store to have a printout of all the info if you can't print it out at home, it would be well worth it.

FWIW using our Celebrity App, we just checked in for our Aug 7th Summit cruise, minus adding the Health and Safety portion we do within 24 hours of boarding, with the result being an Express Pass being generated which we will show the folks at the terminal when we actually check in. Of course, we will also have our CDC cards, passports and negative antigen test results in hand. Not quite sure why we would need to bring a paper copy of our cruise boarding pass, but I’m sure my DW will have it just in case as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

My issue has always been that there are too many things that can go wrong with just having just the phone paperwork to board.  Having just the vaccination record, the negative COVID test record, the boarding pass, etc just on the phone, if you break your phone, crack the glass so the paperwork is illegible, phone goes dead, phone runs out of battery, etc, you're stuck.  You aren't boarding the ship.

Even if I had to go to an office supply store to have a printout of all the info if you can't print it out at home, it would be well worth it.

Or a bad person steals your phone, you lose it, drop it in the toilet. No cruise, or flight.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

We had done all of the passes (for 5 of us) online but there was no internet access for us in the building so they had to work around it. I don't like having all this stuff just on the phone, too unreliable.

We were warned when we were entering the terminal in Southampton, that the only decent Wi-Fi was in the doorway.

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

This is why I would have liked my covid shot records to be paper as well but the gov did everything digitally. Thankfully could log into the gov website and print it off as a back up to my phone.