Which cruise would you choose?

I'm torn between three ships and their itineraries. My husband and I are traveling with our 17 and 18 year old daughters. I'm not concerned about the teen room because my youngest likely won't go in it. I know Wonder of the Seas is the newest and best but it's a lot more. Voyager has the one place I'd like to go (Tortola) but not sure the girls will like it as much. Harmony is good but I'm torn on its itinerary and Wonder's. I'm usually more decisive than this but the cost of Wonder has me a little stuck.  Here are three and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Voyager of the Seas 

St Croix, Tortola, Coco Cay

Harmony of the Seas

Coco Cay, Roatan, Costa Maya, Cozumel

Wonder of the Seas

St Thomas, Coco Cay, St Martin

Hmmm ... that is tough. Prices on Wonder are just because it's her inaugural season, not because there's anything substantially better than other Oasis class ships.  So in that sense, Harmony would be a good alternative.  Unfortunately, it's the worst itinerary in my opinion. 🤨

And it's true, Voyager won't have all the bells & whistles that would likely appeal to your daughters.  But it is a great itinerary.

My recommendation would be this:  if itinerary matters the most, pick Voyager. If ship matters more, pick Harmony. If you really need both, bite the bullet and pick Wonder. 😁

• Like 3

Guess we're the only ones who don't like St. Thomas and do like the Harmony itinerary. Never been to St. Croix or Tortola.

As mentioned above, perhaps Harmony now and Wonder later when the prices aren't inflated.

I think the kids would benefit from Oasis class more than the itinerary... but you know them, I don't. 🤣

• Like 1

I've been to Costa Maya, Cozumel and St Thomas. 

I'm not overly thrilled with Harmony's itinerary. I prefer Voyager but prefer WOS as a ship over Voyager. I just can't decide which is the most important. The only reason I'm was considering Harmony was because it's a better ship but I'm not in love with the itinerary. That's why I'm being indecisive.

All are 7 nights. VOS is a little over 4000 with two rooms, HOS is around 5200 and WOS is around 6000. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Guess we're the only ones who don't like St. Thomas and do like the Harmony itinerary. Never been to St. Croix or Tortola.

As mentioned above, perhaps Harmony now and Wonder later when the prices aren't inflated.

I think the kids would benefit from Oasis class more than the itinerary... but you know them, I don't. 🤣

I’m the same about Oasis class when it comes to kids. Mine are significantly younger than the OP’s but even as an adult, even if I was just going with my wife I’m not sure I would choose Voyager over an Oasis ship. I like to walk around the ship in the evenings and sea days and loved having all the open air 

4 minutes ago, doppelganger2621 said:

I’m the same about Oasis class when it comes to kids. Mine are significantly younger than the OP’s but even as an adult, even if I was just going with my wife I’m not sure I would choose Voyager over an Oasis ship. I like to walk around the ship in the evenings and sea days and loved having all the open air 

I hear ya. Somewhat ironically, we're about to do 7 nights on Indy after almost nothing but Oasis class for many years. Looking forward to seeing how I feel about it.

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

I hear ya. Somewhat ironically, we're about to do 7 nights on Indy after almost nothing but Oasis class for many years. Looking forward to seeing how I feel about it.

Liberty was my first cruise so I have fond memories of the Freedom class—but this was also when Freedom was the “big new thing” and Oasis was just a dream lol. I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts!

The entertainment options would weigh heavy for us.  We loved Grease on the Harmony.  Harmony's balcony cabins were quite roomy too. We just got off the Voyager and a nice ship; but no aqua show remember [does have an ice show though].  And, at least for our low capacity cruise on the Baltic [only 900 passengers] the windjammer wasn't up to par on the Voyager IOHO.  Of course, depends on the ports you want to see [and haven't been] too.  We'd probably choose the Wonder though, since it's a mega ship we haven't been on yet [and has all 3 show vinues, stage and broadway play, ice show, and aqua show].  We also consider departing port too; Miami is terrible traffic for us.  Ha...really tough call actually; but thought I mention the entertainment options as a consideration.  All are winners.  

I think the itinerary on Harmony is better for people of all ages.  Having 4 ports will keep the kids busy & excited too!

Voyager itinerary, Tortola is somewhere I want to visit too.   St Croix is nice but not much to do unless you do excursion for catamaran and snorkeling.   Teenagers may get easily bored on Voyager.  But I like relaxing (boring 😁) sea days.  

Wonder itinerary, we are not particularly thrilled with St Thomas.   Also feel the sailings are overpriced this year.

Edited by Sunshine3601

1 hour ago, doppelganger2621 said:

Liberty was my first cruise so I have fond memories of the Freedom class—but this was also when Freedom was the “big new thing” and Oasis was just a dream lol. I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts!

Voyager was my first cruise when it was new-ish, sailed Mariner a couple times, and Freedom once. Loved them all at the time so I’m interested in my thoughts too, lol.

I feel like I already kinda know what I’ll miss from Oasis class but Indy has a couple restaurants we either love or want to try that aren’t currently available to me on Harmony (I stick to PC out of convenience). Also looking forward to the Diamond Lounge being back in the crown instead of the “basement.”

It’s random stuff that I’m curious about like a smaller Solarium, less places to randomly grab food (Park Cafe especially), etc.

No matter what, I’m confident we’ll have a great time & still follow our general routine, just amended for the differences.

Have you sailed on an Oasis-class ship before? Do you want to?

Harmony would be a good choice if you wanted to stay on the ship while in port. There still should be plenty to do--and fewer lines to boot. If you want the ship itself to be the destination, then Harmony gives you a lower price and more onboard time.

If you haven't sailed Oasis-class yet and want to check out some ports, then Wonder seems best. Voyager would be fine too but if this is your only chance to sail an Oasis-class ship, then you might regret not taking the opportunity to try it out.

Harmony will provide more onboard activities and at a lesser price than Wonder .

Voyager is nice but is in no way a comparable ship to Oasis class.

I would pick Harmony.

I just booked Voyager today because it has been a long time since we went to Tortola and St. Croix, and that was on another cruise line. My husband prefers Oasis-class ships because of the variety of entertainment but agreed with me that this is a great itinerary for us. And it is also going out of our home port. 

22 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Nope. I don't like St Thomas either.    Maybe because I have been a few times? I don't think it's very scenic or "pretty" but i also don't fiind many activities I like. 

Set my dh loose with big cash, though, and he'd love to go watch shopping.  Lol

5 minutes ago, sadiwest said:

Nope. I don't like St Thomas either.    Maybe because I have been a few times? I don't think it's very scenic or "pretty" but i also don't fiind many activities I like. 

Set my dh loose with big cash, though, and he'd love to go watch shopping.  Lol

Yep, we used to just go shopping there. I may or may not have bought a watch there once. 🤣