Are the ships at full capacity?

4 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Because the two aren't necessarily related.  Besides, not many stocks are up right now

The whole idea is to buy low and sell high, If you think it will rise. Apparently the institutional investors, who last I read control 75+% of the market don’t have a whole lot of confidence that the cruise lines will recover anytime soon. If they were buying, the volume would probably drive the price up.

I agree, not many stocks are going up, but not many of them have dropped as much, Ytd

RCL is down 56.34%, down 58.98% in one year, down 69.42% last three years. (pre pandemic)

Compared to the S&P 500 which s a more accurate picture of the stock market since in is comprised of 500 stocks against the 30 used in the DJIA. down 20.25% ytd, down 12.11% in one year, and UP 27.92% in three years, (pre pandemic). My portfolio is very similar to this.

This is all info I pulled up online, not stuff I “just know”.

June 27 - July 1, 2022 - 4 Nights

Independence of the Seas from Orlando

Gold - 701

Platinum - 130

Emerald - 64

Diamond - 140

Diamond Plus - 73

Pinnacle - 8

First Time Cruisers: 2992

Total Passenger Count: 4108 (94% full)

Max Passenger Capacity: 4370

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Voyager just set sail with 1800 passengers.  (same size as Explorer,  posted by Pompey Sailor above)

That's continuing for the foreseeable future. 

Great time to RoyalUp

We got a GS via L&S from Adventure to Jewel to Voyager for 2 grand all in. Airfare a little steep, though. RT Copenhagen 

• Like 1

Did a b-3-b on the Allure in June, the 1st week about 1/2 the loungers around the pools were empty, the 2nd week only about 1/4 of the loungers were empty, the 3rd week most all the loungers were in use. 

On 7/4/2022 at 1:41 AM, Merion_Mom said:

Voyager just set sail with 1800 passengers.  (same size as Explorer,  posted by Pompey Sailor above)

Do you know why so few passengers? I would love to be on some ships again with such low capacity. I kind of got spoiled in the beginning with the low capacity. It was great while it lasted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Do you know why so few passengers?

Might be related to her sailing in the Baltics and previously having some Russian port stops - all her Baltic sailings are probably the lowest capacity of any ship in the fleet (even Spectrum is probably higher now that she visits ports).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joseph2017China said:

Why does it matter what the capacity is?  

Travellers are afraid of the situation in this region, or cancelld because they wanted to see Russa?

Edited by muenchner

4 minutes ago, muenchner said:

Travellers are afraid of the situation in ths region, or cancelld because they wantet to see Russa?

In that case, why does it matter what the capacity is?  If are afraid, than the capacity does not matter, it is best not to book.

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Might be related to her sailing in the Baltics and previously having some Russian port stops - all her Baltic sailings are probably the lowest capacity of any ship in the fleet (even Spectrum is probably higher now that she visits ports).

Your information on SAS may further reduce occupancy rates on Voyager. 😉

2 hours ago, muenchner said:

Travellers are afraid of the situation in this region, or cancelld because they wanted to see Russa?

The Eastern Med and Aegean Sea is closer to the region than the Baltics are. 😉

20220705_113832.thumb.jpg.4513ea41e785e094afdce12675fddc7f.jpg

And while St Petersburg was dropped, I still love this itinerary for mid August

20220705_114208.thumb.jpg.c3de9f1c7c8f49102bf8a00e0d7146b9.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 1:41 AM, Merion_Mom said:

That's good to hear.  We sailed on Voyager June 5th with only 900 passengers.   While we truly enjoyed such a sparse crowdedness, some things seemed a bit strange; like theater shows only half full.   No problem with people hogging lounges with towels or hot tubs being nestled by mother hens all day [or roosters]. But we also want RCI to do well and cruise stocks to come back.  Actually, we want the world to get back to normal.  Will it ever? they keep building new ships though, so prognosis can't be all bad.    

On 7/4/2022 at 1:50 PM, grandgeezer said:

I agree, not many stocks are going up, but not many of them have dropped as much, Ytd

RCL is down 56.34%, down 58.98% in one year, down 69.42% last three years. (pre pandemic)

Compared to the S&P 500 which s a more accurate picture of the stock market since in is comprised of 500 stocks against the 30 used in the DJIA. down 20.25% ytd, down 12.11% in one year, and UP 27.92% in three years, (pre pandemic).

The cruise lines MASSIVELY diluted their stocks during COVID to raise funds. These stocks aren't coming back anytime soon.

On 7/4/2022 at 3:54 PM, Nado44 said:

June 27 - July 1, 2022 - 4 Nights

Independence of the Seas from Orlando

Gold - 701

Platinum - 130

Emerald - 64

Diamond - 140

Diamond Plus - 73

Pinnacle - 8

First Time Cruisers: 2992

Total Passenger Count: 4108 (94% full)

Max Passenger Capacity: 4370

Those are very interesting numbers.  Why so many first-time cruisers?  Any thoughts?

33 minutes ago, Machta said:

Why so many first-time cruisers?  Any thoughts?

Many ships having 50+% first time cruisers was routine pre COVID - I guess this is getting back to normal. Also, Alaska runs don't usually attract many repeat cruisers.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We just got off EN last Thursday.  Never heard the exact number but the cruise was sold out a couple of months ahead of time and I can tell you from experience that the ship was easily at 100%.