Request Royal to stop negative Covid test to board

1 hour ago, trajan said:

Not sure why this is a big deal. The tests are easy to do. If they only stop honest people, fine, I’ll take it.

Been on ship where a gi bug ripped thru. Really sucked.

Wish they tested for that.

I don’t wanna get sick, I don’t want my kids getting sick, I don’t want anyone getting sick. Take the test and if you have it step out. There’s always other cruises.

For the most part, GI illnesses, like the green apple quickstep, are spread by the fecal-oral route.  All one has to do to prevent them is to break the chain of transmission by washing your hands before you touch anything that's going in your mouth.  And washing your hands as you leave your cabin or as you enter the MDR doesn't count.  Think of how many common surfaces you touch before you pop that roll in your mouth - the underside of your chair as you pull yourself up to the table, the menu, the condiment containers.  The buffet offers even more opportunities for cross contamination.

I grew up during the pre-polio vaccine days and we were taught to wash our hands, wash our hands, and wash our hands.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, little britain said:

And that’s why I’d prefer they bring back testing at port immediately before you board.  

I would be fine with testing at the port, but I prefer doing it a day or 2 before.  We travel quite a distance to most ports and if I have COVID, I want  to know before I leave home and get on a plane, go to a hotel, etc.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Waste of time telling them of your experiences.  Every thread they post that in they get multiple people telling them the same thing as you did yet they continue to post that nonsense.

At least your post will help others realize that what that person posted was nonsense.

Not sure if you knew this but it's Laly that is in charge of that group.

That’s how we established our friendship with her, from the day of Napoleon at the suite entrance door at T18.  If it had not been for him, I’d never had met her virtually.  Still waiting to catch up with her in real time.  She keeps pushing the President's Cruise but I keep passing.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

It's been FDA approved but the throughput still too low for that kind of volume:

FDA Authorizes First COVID-19 Breathalyzer Test (verywellhealth.com) 

Can see it now, if used another Extra Charge. Just grateful haven't been on a Royal Ship in 20+ yrs that had more then 1750-2050 Passengers with me and only once in 35yrs wasn't one first 10-100 onboard

6 hours ago, UNCFanatik said:

Narrator: "Your testing and masking did not stop the crew from getting Covid"

Bill wears a seatbelt, but still was injured in an auto accident.  According to your logic, this proves seatbelts don't work.

Edited by Shorewalk Holmes
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

4000-6000+ Tests in 5 hrs, sounds like a nightmare to me

Unless you get the correct amount of people to do the tests? And this Covid breath test can be used forever in the same way the cops use them.

14 hours ago, Biker19 said:

It's been FDA approved but the throughput still too low for that kind of volume:

FDA Authorizes First COVID-19 Breathalyzer Test (verywellhealth.com) 

The output will pick up very quickly. These could be used every day or twice a day even and would also make testing impossible to fake short of bribing the staff member. So the CDC can with these devices continue their Covid policy forever.

Edited by ace2542
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, trajan said:

Not sure why this is a big deal. The tests are easy to do. If they only stop honest people, fine, I’ll take it.

I don’t wanna get sick, I don’t want my kids getting sick, I don’t want anyone getting sick. Take the test and if you have it step out. There’s always other cruises.

But the cruise lines won't refund you forever. They can't afford to

Not possible to test for noro without a proper lab so far as I know.

So on the President's Cruise a couple weeks ago, someone asked Michael Bayley this very question. He responded that he foresees pre-cruise testing to continue for the next month or two, but insinuated that they were looking at changing the policy.

For those who insist on testing during embarkation, there is more to the nightmare than just the actual testing. Think of those who fly across country and then test positive at the port. Now they're stuck for a 10-day quarantine far from home. That is, after they just sat on a crowded airplane and infected all those people. I guarantee a good number of those people would choose to fly home right away, rather than pay for an extended hotel stay, again infecting a planeful of people.

It's time to move on. Unless we're going to test for every respiratory virus and communicable disease, this is really just theater. Covid's not going away. If you don't want to take the risk, don't cruise.

• Like 8

On 7/7/2022 at 3:27 AM, ReneeFLL said:

"They do it because they feel entitled and believe the rules don't apply to them. They probably also have a fake vaccination record. 🙄"

This ⬆️ I know of this practice happening more often than not especially here in SoFLo. 

And again you are repeating some false info. Btw, everyone knows or should know that the email goes to staff that can help or try to and not directly to Bayley.

Correct -- we all know that his  e-mails are answered by his executive team. 

On 7/7/2022 at 3:27 AM, ReneeFLL said:

This is true, but THINK about it. Someone tests positive and therefore can't get on the ship. That prevents more covid from spreading. It's a no brainer!

Exactly!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Johnkut said:

If we wait until COVID disappears before we stop testing, it will never happen. There is absolutely no reason to test pre cruise. You can go to any sports arena, Disney world, fun park, etc. in the country without testing. I just recently came back from Europe and I had to test to get back into my home country, but people could cross the northern and southern border all day long and not test. So how dumb was that. So if you were an Illegal or legal immigrant crossing the border in a car, you didn't have to test. There were people in Europe that tested positive and couldn't come back to the USA. So you know what they did, they changed their flight and flew into Toronto, took a bus to Buffalo, and flew home from there. So you want me to trust the government to do what's best for me? The government is the last entity I would trust. Stop the pre-cruise testing. So what if you get COVID, that's what he shots were for, so that we can live with it. If you don't want to get COVID ever, then quarantine in your home until it goes away, which will be never. Because once you stop out of your house, you can get COVID anywhere no matter what precautions you take. I'm not changing my life style because you want top feel safe. There are other diseases more deadly than COVID that we should be worried about.

200% agree

• Like 4

I prefer to continue the pre-cruise test to avoid those with Covid from sailing.  I cruise frequently and have heard from so many that they have to cancel because they tested positive.  I know that you can contract Covid between the test and booking but I’d rather weed out some rather than none.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

I prefer to continue the pre-cruise test to avoid those with Covid from sailing.  I cruise frequently and have heard from so many that they have to cancel because they tested positive.  I know that you can contract Covid between the test and booking but I’d rather weed out some rather than none.

I guess for your peace of mind, tests are better than no tests at all. But bear in mind that there is quite a number of fake tests and false negative test results so testing is not the magic bullet. 

On 7/6/2022 at 7:43 PM, Ferry_Watcher said:

Be careful what you wish for.

Those Covid tests are just another layer to help keep passengers and crew safe.  Even though passengers and crew are coming down with Covid, IMO doing away with the tests completely would make the transmission rate that much higher.

just cost me $500 they need to end 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sellwingri said:

At $128 per person?

On 7/7/2022 at 11:21 AM, trajan said:

At $128 per person.  I didn’t lie and say I had symptoms to get it for free.  Cost me $500 for four people. 

• Thanks 1

You are still required to do a test here in Australia within 24 hours of boarding any cruise ship (No RCI as yet, the season for them starts in October) but you have the choice of the at home test and sign a declaration no need to pay the exorbitant prices for having to do it supervised at a clinic or pharmacy or online, not fool proof but I reckon the vast majority of people are honest about it, so far no reports of any major outbreaks and its working well.

The big Cruise companys are doing their bit, if you do test positive before boarding, every assistance is given to get you home if needed and/or medical assitance and refund/FCC is also offered.

Far more common sense in my opinion as at the end of the day we are not getting rid of COVID but need to get on with life and live with it.

Edited by Hammer61
  • Like 3

We are currently on a river cruise in Europe. Everyone is vaccinated and no test was required before boarding the boat. There has been numerous cases onboard and we are now recommended to wear a mask around the ship and required while on a bus tour. Most of the guests are older and there’s a lot of coughing and clearing throats. 
The important part is no one is in serious condition or the need to disembark the ship to a hospital. I think this pre testing needs to go. If covid will end up coming onboard, then so be it. We all have to live with this. 

• Like 2

It’s not that hard to fake the tests, if someone wants to lie they can. 

On our last cruise out of Galveston we were next to a family that had a member test positive for the flu but negative for Covid. They let them on, no problem. The testing is a joke and needs to end. The flu is also dangerous for the same population that are in danger of severe/fatal covid complications and yet we don’t mandate flu vaccines and testing. Let people take their own chances 🙄

• Like 4

13 hours ago, jsoenning said:

At $128 per person.  I didn’t lie and say I had symptoms to get it for free.  Cost me $500 for four people. 

The at home/online tests are 6 for $150 through emed.  Even cheaper are the free gov't tests and using Onpoint testing. They can be as little as $10 per person with a code. Instead of $500, you could have spent $40. You had options. You chose the most expensive route.

Edited by cured
  • Like 3