Celebrity Cruise Agents not answering their phones

tonylander

What is going on with Celebrity.  They are not answering their phone, it seems impossible to try and upgrade or general questions.

I have called 21 times since last Saturday and waited an average of 30 minutes, and still did not get any one.

I hope the on board service is much better

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I wanted to upgrade from a Classic to a Premium beverage package before the sale was over.  If I could have done it on line - I would have.

I was home on Tuesday doing stuff around the house so I just let the phone keep going.  Was on hold for almost 3 hours until they picked up.  They couldn't fully help as they had to go to a supervisor.  She called me back about an hour later.  

I work for a local financial institution and like so many companies we are struggling to get and retain customer service folks. When we can find qualified candidates they leave if someone else will give them five cents more an hour or they get burned out quickly from dealing with the public. Prior to the pandemic we never had wait times of more than 1-5 minutes, now during peak hours waits of 20-30 minutes are not uncommon. 

Call during off-peak hours (first thing in the morning or early evening). Wait times should generally be shorter. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

When I have to get through and know I'm in for a long wait.   I put in my ear buds and turn the volume down.   Wish you could turn off the constant -  "Your call is valuable to us.................."

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

When I have to get through and know I'm in for a long wait.   I put in my ear buds and turn the volume down.   Wish you could turn off the constant -  "Your call is valuable to us.................."

Man, you aren't kidding.  That wait message is enough to turn one's brain to cottage cheese, especially when the volume kicks up for that statement.

1 minute ago, DCPIV said:

Man, you aren't kidding.  That wait message is enough to turn one's brain to cottage cheese, especially when the volume kicks up for that statement.

It is the silent intervals, followed by a couple clicks, right before yet another msg, that drive me crazy. I react like my dog when we go near the back door...all excited, ears perking up, drooling.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I rather like that message as it reminds me to be nice to the agent who picks up as they were just given a one-way ticket to church because someone did not get what they wanted or the call was not picked up quickly enough!!! LOL

bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

After almost 2 hours on hold, I can tell you all about sailing on Celebrity Flora, the first ship designed specifically for the Galapagos Islands destination. You'll enjoy luxury all-suite accommodations...  😩

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I can't remember the name of the company I called recently that gave me the option of turning off the hold message/music. It was wonderful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Buckeye94 said:

After almost 2 hours on hold, I can tell you all about sailing on Celebrity Flora, the first ship designed specifically for the Galapagos Islands destination. You'll enjoy luxury all-suite accommodations...  😩

And the all new Apex! 

I find the online chat option really helpful to get simple things done without having to be on hold, where possible. 

• Like 1

I have been on hold over an hour. I tried this morning as well.

I attempted to make dining reservations on the app. The app said to call. After an hour I had to go.

I tried thru the website but I could not add my inlaws to make the reservation for 4 ppl. Yes, our reservations are linked. Anyone know how to do this online?

Frustrating!

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

I rather like that message as it reminds me to be nice to the agent who picks up as they were just given a one-way ticket to church because someone did not get what they wanted or the call was not picked up quickly enough!!! LOL

bon voyage

Yes, I always do my best to remember that it's not the fault of the people answering the phones that I had to wait so long, it's the CEO's fault. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ORV said:

Yes, I always do my best to remember that it's not the fault of the people answering the phones that I had to wait so long, it's the CEO's fault. 

Yes, it is the CEO's fault that some callers have the propensity to be overbearing and rude and whiners...

Then, they need to be calling the CEO's office and not the general number to have their attitude on full display and bluster and not take it out on those who have little control over the situation but there to help make it better if they can... or their supervisor or just hang up.

bon voyage

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Jammu2 said:

I have been on hold over an hour. I tried this morning as well.

I attempted to make dining reservations on the app. The app said to call. After an hour I had to go.

I tried thru the website but I could not add my inlaws to make the reservation for 4 ppl. Yes, our reservations are linked. Anyone know how to do this online?

Frustrating!

Same deal here. I’m linked to a fellow traveler’s reservation but was unable to book a dinner reservation that included him. There was a message saying he’d have to book himself. So we decided on a day and time. As of now, myself and my cabin mate have 6:30 reservations and he’s booked at 8:30. That was his earliest option. 

5 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

Same deal here. I’m linked to a fellow traveler’s reservation but was unable to book a dinner reservation that included him. There was a message saying he’d have to book himself. So we decided on a day and time. As of now, myself and my cabin mate have 6:30 reservations and he’s booked at 8:30. That was his earliest option. 

I think you will be fine, just as long as one of you have the desired time, just go the venue upon boarding and change the other to the correct time.

bon appetit and bon voyage

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thebutlerdidit said:

Crazy.

I think I have to give up for now. I have spent several hours wasting my time with this already today I'm just not in the mood anymore.

I did have the two accounts logged in on different web browsers at the same time to try to match up times at least but honestly their reservation app is very difficult to work through. We all have dining packages already purchased and they want to charge us all over again for the three reservations per person so I backed out.

Not sure it is worth the aggravation. I might just cancel the dining packages.

Glad I'm not the only one!  I have been waiting on hold for over two hours, and this is the fourth time this week!!  If I hear how important my call is one more time.........  

Thinking we may cancel our back-to-back-to=back cruises this fall, if this is an indication of Celebrity service.  Definitely not impressed!!!!

• Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, sailmeaway said:

Glad I'm not the only one!  I have been waiting on hold for over two hours, and this is the fourth time this week!!  If I hear how important my call is one more time.........  

Thinking we may cancel our back-to-back-to=back cruises this fall, if this is an indication of Celebrity service.  Definitely not impressed!!!!

We were talking about this just now. We have 3 cruises booked this year but we haven't booked anything for next year because we wanted to see how it went. Princess earlier this year was pretty disappointing. Looks like Celebrity is trending the same way. We have a HAL cruise in the fall so we shall see how that goes. Otherwise next year we will be looking at other options !

• Thanks 2

I had a glitch with my reservation that took many calls to Customer Service and I have spent many hours on hold. I completely understand about the frustration. I am going on the Apex in September and I told hubby after all the hours on the phone, I can tell him whatever he would like to know about the Apex. 😁

It could be worse, last year I was in Iceland and my flights got cancelled. I had booked through Travel o city and due to the massive flight cancellations, I was told the average wait time was 15 hrs. Thank goodness I could just get a call back.

Oh, and yeah, the loudness during the one statement, drove me nuts too!

Edited by samplecd02
  • Haha 1

I spent 1 hour 28 minutes on the phone yesterday just to find out from where the bus transfer departed from Venice to Ravenna.  I wanted to change hotels to be near the airport bus and the shuttle bus to Ravenna.