Anyone see double points coming back or single supplement pricing dropped?

36 minutes ago, RoyalC said:

Personally could go for this since my cruise with that previous deal was cancelled. I know Celebrity

has the single supplement gone on some cruises.

If RCI canceled the cruise, you would have had an option to receive an FCC.  And when that FCC was applied to a future cruise, you are suppose to get double points.  I don't recall if there were any date qualifications for the offer. 

Just now, HicksRA said:

I think Royal is still kicking themselves in the butt for offering the first round of double points. 

I'm kicking myself for not booking more during quadruple* points.

* Double points + no solo supplement (mid August 2021 to early Sept 2021).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

RCI has no incentive to add the double point program again...the upper tiers are overflowing as it is. 

Is there any info on this? We are recent diamonds and it struck me when visiting the DL , how it was mainly older cruisers. Maybe younger diamonds don’t go as much. The rhythm of life, unfortunately will reduce the number of diamond, diamond plus and pins. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I'm kicking myself for not booking more during quadruple* points.

* Double points + no solo supplement (mid August 2021 to early Sept 2021).

It only applied to certain sailings as I recall

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It only applied to certain sailings as I recall

Yes, the ones that I booked.  🙂

Reportedly some from Cape Liberty, others from FL.  Seemed to mostly be O class and Q class, mostly for fall 2021.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

Yes, the ones that I booked.  🙂

Reportedly some from Cape Liberty, others from FL.  Seemed to mostly be O class and Q class.

Mine were on Oasis Class

1 hour ago, HicksRA said:

I think Royal is still kicking themselves in the butt for offering the first round of double points. 

Why is that? No real skin off their nose. And it got lots of people to book when no one wanted to book. Seems like a very, very smart business decision. 

9 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Why is that? No real skin off their nose. And it got lots of people to book when no one wanted to book. Seems like a very, very smart business decision. 

Except for the total influx of D, D+ and Ps. All those free drinks add up and most won’t buy the UBP which might have otherwise. 

Edited by HicksRA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

If RCI canceled the cruise, you would have had an option to receive an FCC.  And when that FCC was applied to a future cruise, you are suppose to get double points.  I don't recall if there were any date qualifications for the offer. 

True but single supplement was gone. Not a fan of FCC

Single supplements won't be eliminated but they still reduce them for select sailings.  They tend to be capacity controlled so as people find those select cruises the reduced solo fares get booked and go away.  Early bird gets the worm.  

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

You are absolutely correct, IMO.  A smart marketing move.  They have already started to adjust handling more people in the C&A lounges, and it's a drop in the bucket to put out some hot appies and free drinks, with everyone now wanting to book high-priced cruises to get to those hot appies and free drinks.

I read an article today that the American public is literally saving France's high tourist season this summer.  They predicted backbreaking negative profits, and the opposite is true.  The summer of 1945 came to mind when we saved them another time.

Something like 42% of their summer business so far is Americans.  It's called "COVID revenge tourism".  

• Haha 1